EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You get it really? And pressing me to come up with a better fitting guildtag for this boardmembers then say... a Samdaman reference? Really?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Possibly Rerolled?
tongue.png

But I giggled at we pay because we stay.

Hopefully they will give up mob tools within a year of release if we're lucky and dungeons won't really be an issue for Landmark players at least. I wouldn't mind a mixture of both open world and instanced for the actual game tbh.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You get it really? And pressing me to come up with a better fitting guildtag for this boardmembers then say... a Samdaman reference? Really?
When the hell was the last time Sam was even around? I stopped paying attention some time around 2008...

Dyvim

Sam got driven off and started his own message board like some others.
But that doesnt make his threads, pictures and referneces any less noteworthy or referencing.
Just like a spin off to HIMYM wouldnt make NPH then past performances any less legen- wait for it -dary.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
you just contradicted yourself. having "starting events" and "rallying cries" is the antithesis of creating a living world. in an actual sandbox MMO, the world events would be created by the players themselves, not embedded in the game itself.
I didn't say it had to be a perfect sandbox. You act like people in the real world don't have people thinking for them all the time. Pushing a political point in, Limbaugh helps people think daily as do other shills. Having a little guidance and some set rules doesn't necessarily stop a game from being a living world. They probably won't do as well as I'd like. A lot better than the Korean games though. What living world are you referencing in your opinions? What sandbox did it perfectly for you?
t

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
EVE invasions are kinda rallying calls anyway. Doesnt make it less sandbox.

However, all the name-calling and nagging has now convinced me to take the $100 I had earmarked for this and spend them on something worthwhile. So i bought myself aspaceshipinstead. Thanks everyone for making me realize how foolish it would have been to spend that money on the alpha for a game instead.

I stand by throwing money at the screen for the actual EQN though.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Sam got driven off and started his own message board like some others.
But that doesnt make his threads, pictures and referneces any less noteworthy or referencing.
Just like a spin off to HIMYM wouldnt make NPH then past performances any less legen- wait for it -dary.
While Sam is hilarious and making fun of him runs deep in the history of this community, do you really want to make a guild that references that retard in any way?!

misery_sl

shitlord
I wonder if every character in Landmark and Next will have that avatar face with the huge nose bridge and eyes that are far apart. Do they do this because of the SOEMote thing, or is it a stylistic choice?

xzi

Mouthbreather
sam da man gonna multibox EQNL and have the top buildings per second server-wide

Dyvim

Mentioning that max burst dps and slumlord retard in an alpha for a building game where combat may or may not see the light of day before we all join our spots in the gamers retirement home. And thus claiming the 100 bucks are better spent on such a game than random hookers with whatever infection may haunt their pussies?
Oh the tears of irony may never taste sweeter.

But oh well, go ahead and propose better / funnier guild names.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
it is known

Sam Deathwalker VS. Furor Planedefiler GoogleBattle: The latest indicator of cultural relevance.

Holy shit I missed a lot... I only really casually posted on noows until about late 2007 (possibly 2008) when I stopped posting on fohguild.org entirely (for some reason I remember the boards getting super lame, can't remember why). That's actually why my join date here is so late in 2013. FOHguild.org went down and I didn't know why, then I only found rerolled because of a random google search I did for the '14 days' rant. I missed the whole Tyen/moarnetz thing, and clearly a lot more in my absence...

...I had never seen this website hahaha

SDW Portal

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I enjoy the Sam talk much more than I do the how to spend your money discussion.
I've only ever had had a couple nice things to say about EQN, and I'll be damned if I say them again before playing the game, but srsly, spending $100 enabling SOE's hype generating staff members is so much a better way to spend your money than any of Sam Da Man's nasty snatchbeasts.