EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Stave

Potato del Grande
So am I the only fucker that bought the beta pack? I figure 20 bucks can't go wrong, and I probably don't want to play alpha anyways as I'm sure it will be a buggy mess.

forge

Lord Nagafen Raider
I clearly missed this thread for the most part. So they want us to pay $99 to build castles? There are no mobs or anything in this landmark game? Why are people playing this?

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I clearly missed this thread for the most part. So they want us to pay $99 to build castles? There are no mobs or anything in this landmark game? Why are people playing this?
I understand you haven't been following the thread and all, but for God's sakes, at leastGoogle, or Bing, or however you get your information other than this. It's not that hard.

Even Forbes knows more about this than some gamers:

'EverQuest Next Landmark' Is Much More Than A World Builder - Forbes

?We?ve always intended to have combat in Landmark. We weren?t announcing it because we weren?t certain whether we could get it in right away? We?ve done some homework and determined we can get in it soon ? maybe not right at launch, but pretty close afterwards,? says Georgeson. ?Landmark will have a wide range of combat experiences, and it?s going to use the same emergent AI system found in EverQuest Next ? but possibly not in the exact same way. As far as actual combat AI goes, it will be the same model.?

How deep will the combat be? We?re not looking at the simple hack-and-slash mechanics you?d expect to find in a game with a creation/building theme ? They are the same style as the combat in EverQuest Next, and will include group encounters and experiences designed for more than one player.

?As far as you actually play in the game in combat, we want to embrace a bunch of different gameplay styles. If you want to be able to be ranged, you?ll be able to. Spells and melee, you?ll be able to. The same mechanisms that will be found in EverQuest Next? You?ll be able to swap out different tools or weapons to mix and match character abilities.?

forge

Lord Nagafen Raider
I understand you haven't been following the thread and all, but for God's sakes, at leastGoogle, or Bing, or however you get your information other than this. It's not that hard.

Even Forbes knows more about this than some gamers:

'EverQuest Next Landmark' Is Much More Than A World Builder - Forbes
I wouldn't assume that I'd need to read fucken forbes to figure out what eq landmark is. I also went to the landmark page and watched several videos, none of which explained anything more than why I should be a founder. Nothing on the page says it's going to have combat. You don't find it mentioned in the faq either. According to the site it's nothing more than virtual sand castles.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I wouldn't assume that I'd need to read fucken forbes to figure out what eq landmark is. I also went to the landmark page and watched several videos, none of which explained anything more than why I should be a founder. Nothing on the page says it's going to have combat. You don't find it mentioned in the faq either. According to the site it's nothing more than virtual sand castles.
you're quite right. Either their marketing department is using some crazy meta that I'm just not understanding... or their marketing department sucks balls.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Usually, a person doesn't spend money on something they don't know fucking shit about. Here, I'll even make it easy for your uninformed ass. The game will be FTP(free to play, if you haven't read up on that), and you won't have to spend a dime if you don't want to. Now if you want to spend money on it, look some shit up and maybe read a bit more.

Honey Badger_sl

shitlord
I just wish that they would let us create everything with this, dungeons, raids, instances, keeps.. let us be a GM for our friends (outside of the game), let us populate it with monsters, build scripts, stories, epic adventures! I don't want limits on this other than my imagination.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Very nice article in a UK PC mag this month - copying here for you US (etc) folk :

rrr_img_50290.jpg

rrr_img_50291.jpg

rrr_img_50292.jpg

rrr_img_50293.jpg

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Sorry guys, struggling with upload file size limit. Is this any better ? If not I'll try get it hosted :

rrr_img_50295.jpg

rrr_img_50296.jpg

rrr_img_50297.jpg

rrr_img_50298.jpg

Add me to the OP please Quaid. Ponied up the $99 so will have spare beta keys. Funny that after nearly 20 years playing MMOs I've still given/am giving far more money to SoE than anyone else.

Does this give any benefits to EQN alpha/beta entry or just Landmark? I'm guessing there will be a similar Founders pack for EQN.

edit :

EQ Landmark review page 1/2

EQ Landmark review page 3/4

EQ Landmark review page 5/6

EQ Landmark review page 7/8

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
On the upside she looks much better then her rendition on that Parkinson homage art. Reverse beer goggle effect?

misery_sl

shitlord
So some confirmed classes for Next,
-Cleric
-Necromancer
-Beast Lord (Confirmed for companion class, yay)
-Tempest

-Landmark will be played on *multiple servers, each able to hold at least 2,000 players each. Each server can be explored by players of every other server.

-The "best" builders supposedly will be able to make large sums of money.

-Each server might contain like minded players banding together to create different server themes. For instance, you might have a pre-designated list of the server names and what kind of content should be built there, or servers with no designation. I'm not talking about a list created by SOE, but a list created by players as is often the norm these days to signify which servers will house players of certain languages, such as the unofficial official French speaking server, etc. Only instead of languages, it will be about which kind of content will be built there, such as Ye Old EQ Classic Server, Sci-Fi settlement of serenity, Official Manchildren with ADD server (build anything!), and such.

AI and combat are introduced, at which point hard-to-reach resources go up in value. As more of Everquest Next's features and tools are developed, Landmark players will become the designers of their own mini-MMO, utilizing AI scripting and dungeon master tools to create interactive builds.
-There will be risk in Landmark, as many of the creatures/monsters from Next are planned to be making an appearance in Landmark after the release of Next. Not just critters. Hard to find resources like diamond and obsidian will eventually be very challenging to get your hands on.

-You will be able to place your own NPCs and tell your stories through them using storybricks.

-Weekly D&D groups are a go.

-Players will use many of the exact same tools in Landmark that the devs will use to create EQNext. Landmark is not just about buildings. You will be able to create dungeons, towns, place npcs and monsters then script them with storybricks, etc.

-In Next you will be able to multi-class and gain new classes through exploring and adventuring. It will also have major events, and give you the ability to collect gear. Important question incoming. Will you be able to use the classes that you learn in Next within Landmark? If not, what does that say for the future dungeons within Landmark? Will you be forced to adventure through these player made dungeons as an explorer fighting bosses with your pick axe? What about gear you earn in Next, will it also transfer to Landmark? One class has been announced for Landmark.

-Some players in Planetside 2 are making "thousands" of dollars selling camo patterns on Player Studio.

-They expect real estate and plot selling to be big.

-If you use a tower from another player to build your castle, and then proceed to sell your castle on the studio, both the tower creator and the castle creator will earn money from each sale.

-Biggest money supposedly coming from awesome templates and from selling 'developed' land.

-Gold farmers from China currently studying up on voxel building in mass numbers. It is said that after Landmark and Next release, gold farmers in poorer countries will become the most prosperous members of their societies by giving up spamming and picking up a few building blocks.