EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Twitch

Watching this guy build this big building, its pretty awesome and looks like it gets a lot easier when you have all the tools. Plus it helps he has ppl giving him stone.
That is pretty cool - I especially like the cut lines on the corners. Lol at everyone telling him to template it before the wipe happens later tonight.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Hey all,

To greatly increase the speed of Burled Wood harvesting:
Put on your Mastercraft Bracer, craft yourself a pair of +2 Discovery (Blue) Keen Eye Bands, then craft Copper Axes until you get a blue or legendary with high (99?) speed and decent damage. Yes it takes some copper and wood to pull this off, but it is WELL worth the effort as you climb the tool progression.

Cheers,

Jeff

I mean thats just an example, I don't really care to recreate that house. I haven't received all my computer parts yet and I've been using graph paper to put some designs together while I wait. Was wondering what the difficulties would be transferring lego directions into eq landmark creations.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
You could totally do that - but it is going to take a lot of effort to make each piece in game (and probably at a larger scale to allow for some of that trim detail), template it, and then build it with the directions irl.

But, now that I think about it, you could potentially make bank if you took the time to get all the pieces perfect, and allow people to buy each template piece so they could build other lego projects with similar pieces. Just take off the snapping pieces so there isn't any trademark issues.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
In order to open the bags you get from sifting, place them on your hotbar and press the corresponding button.

You won't see any log indication of what's in them.

You could totally do that - but it is going to take a lot of effort to make each piece in game (and probably at a larger scale to allow for some of that trim detail), template it, and then build it with the directions irl.

But, now that I think about it, you could potentially make bank if you took the time to get all the pieces perfect, and allow people to buy each template piece so they could build other lego projects with similar pieces. Just take off the snapping pieces so there isn't any trademark issues.
Yeah, thats kind of what I was thinking. A standardized unit ("voxel brick") that will allow you to make building much easier to quantify with friends. I think some form of standardized building units will go a long way to ensure scale across multiple parcels which is aesthetically important.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
From Reddit for the !@$% whiners on forums about rare wood.

"Hey all,
To greatly increase the speed of Burled Wood harvesting: Put on your Mastercraft Bracer, craft yourself a pair of +2 Discovery (Blue) Keen Eye Bands, then craft Copper Axes until you get a blue or legendary with high (99?) speed and decent damage. Yes it takes some copper and wood to pull this off, but it is WELL worth the effort as you climb the tool progression.
Cheers,
Jeff"

Jesus I am slow again

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Pretty sure I lose my claim and crafting tables every fucking night I play. Frustrating. Think I'm going to hold off on setting anything in place until they fix it tonight or whenever.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
David Georgeson ?@DaveGeorgeson 5m
But the list of fixes in the update is pretty cool. And being able to build reliably will rock. Game will come to life.
smile.png

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
David Georgeson ?@DaveGeorgeson 6m
Hoo boy. Another late night coming. I can tell you this much. We won't be done for at LEAST two hours still. Almost certainly longer.
Expand

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Gogo, are you sure you're logging into the correct version of your island? Each server has the same exact island, but one won't have your claim on it.

Often times I'll log out in my claim, and then when I return I'm on the wrong server but same spot, and it looks like it should be my claim but someone else has it.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I'm impressed at their level of commitment so far. Especially since they could have easily said, "It's alpha, things will be broken, we'll get to it when we get to it."

Instead these guys are working their asses off to give us a stable environment. If they follow the same level of commitment to community feedback, then they have a legitimate hit on their hands.