EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

misery_sl

shitlord
So, I just want to say that the game completely changed for me a couple of minutes ago.

I crafted 2 rare messenger signets for extra movement speed, and oh man... The speed reminds me of EQ bard almost. I am so much faster, it's amazing.

Next I crafted the viridium(sp?) grappling hook, and it is the most fun thing I have ever done in an MMO I think. If you do not have one, craft one right now! You can climb anything, trees, the spires, houses, towers, everything, and it makes movement a breeze. You can run and throw your hook on the ground in front of you or even trees and it will pull you a long distance to where the hook connects.

With the hook plus the messenger patches, I'd imagine I could probably get across the entire map in no time at all. I just ran from the spires to halfway through the map to the border, and I barely even noticed.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
You know, it's not much but I find it pretty awesome that there's plots set up all over the place with nothing but all the crafting tables and it just says "Feel free to craft!" whenever you enter. A lot of them have absolutely nothing else built but the crafting tables.

I just find that cool as fuck at this point in the game so you don't have to run all the way back to the crystal thing.
Mostly because no one can build a house and door to put those things in yet without it vanishing. =P

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
So, I just want to say that the game completely changed for me a couple of minutes ago.

I crafted 2 rare messenger signets for extra movement speed, and oh man... The speed reminds me of EQ bard almost. I am so much faster, it's amazing.

Next I crafted the viridium(sp?) grappling hook, and it is the most fun thing I have ever done in an MMO I think. If you do not have one, craft one right now! You can climb anything, trees, the spires, houses, towers, everything, and it makes movement a breeze. You can run and throw your hook on the ground in front of you or even trees and it will pull you a long distance to where the hook connects.

With the hook plus the messenger patches, I'd imagine I could probably get across the entire map in no time at all. I just ran from the spires to halfway through the map to the border, and I barely even noticed.
I have the lowest level one of these, and the grappling distance is pretty short - do you know how much improvement distance-wise the Viridium one is?

misery_sl

shitlord
I have the lowest level one of these, and the grappling distance is pretty short - do you know how much improvement distance-wise the Viridium one is?
60 distance on mine.

That and the cool down is basically nothing.

Also it is a rare one, so maybe that's why.

I can hook all the way onto that pillar where the white outline hits it. It's pretty far away. Sorry for low res textures.

rrr_img_59178.jpg

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

With fairly limited time and my claim repeatedly healing I don't have much to show for my playtime... just the 2nd pick... but posts like this and things like the crafting video make me look forward so much to what the game is going to turn into.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone know how long you can get refund for? Duration of Alpha? I'll probably give it another week and if things are still unstable for me I'll just buy into regular beta. They should be more optimized by then. no point to pay for something I wont play.

Game looks awesome tho! Has me really excited for EQN. I know people weren't happy with the choice of graphics but they look awesome to me.

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
Anyone know how long you can get refund for? Duration of Alpha? I'll probably give it another week and if things are still unstable for me I'll just buy into regular beta. They should be more optimized by then. no point to pay for something I wont play.

Game looks awesome tho! Has me really excited for EQN. I know people weren't happy with the choice of graphics but they look awesome to me.
The art style/atmosphere is absolutely awesome. Random screenshot below.

ibhVhMdKhiStOH.bmp

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
With fairly limited time and my claim repeatedly healing I don't have much to show for my playtime... just the 2nd pick... but posts like this and things like the crafting video make me look forward so much to what the game is going to turn into.
I'm in the same situation. First two days were a huge cluster for me and now just finally getting into the groove. Limited time hasn't helped but still having a lot of fun. Game has been a lot easier on my system since they implemented the latest fixes. Need to upgrade but it's nice to get some time in before I get my taxes back.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Awesome shed. Once they allow multiple claims and linking of them I'm sure underground fortresses with nothing but a hatch showing up top will be around.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That shed is how I always did my Minecraft forts. Little crappy building with expansive underground area.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Umm I could use about 7000 of the Burled Wood if you have extra
smile.png

I've been at work and just checked but do not see any mention of the new server. I take it no news yet? (I was kinda hoping I would be home before it went live so I could get a decent plot when it goes up)

Column_sl

shitlord
Best troll is still either burying people when they are AFK, or mining under people when they are resource gathering.

If you make anything first get the grapple hook, makes traveling quicker

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Umm I could use about 7000 of the Burled Wood if you have extra
smile.png

I've been at work and just checked but do not see any mention of the new server. I take it no news yet? (I was kinda hoping I would be home before it went live so I could get a decent plot when it goes up)
No new server yet. Earlier you could go to it from the portal even though it wasn't showing as up, was listed as a block with no name.

misery_sl

shitlord
Best troll is still either burying people when they are AFK, or mining under people when they are resource gathering.

If you make anything first get the grapple hook, makes traveling quicker
I like to put giant sand blocks on top of people when I find them mining ore below ground. Not that I would actually do that or anything.. Just sometimes.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
The art style/atmosphere is absolutely awesome. Random screenshot below.
One of my first impressions was how great the graphics were even at this early stage. They have really hit a great balance there. More realistic than WoW but still stylized enough to not age too poorly or breach the uncanny valley. That screenshot shows so much potential for atmosphere. Really excited to see what they do next and how this evolves.