EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Will be nice when they have more props real slim picking at the moment.

Bedroom
rrr_img_59806.jpg
rrr_img_59807.jpg
rrr_img_59808.jpg

Main Hall
rrr_img_59809.jpg

Cellar
rrr_img_59810.jpg

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
any servers with a diff ruleset? or plans of diff rulesets?
i can't imagine this type of server would hold my attention past a week.
i vote for a server which has a guranteed private spot and contested communal areas which anyone can destroy/create (with no autohealing -- the access to the ability to destroy and choosing not to destroy something means alot). more than that .. have structs yield benefits (ex druids build tele spires, druid plants trees and get faction/passiveareabuffsalloc'ed by Karana.) as it is, the ruleset is beign, curated and doesn't lead to any interesting complexity.
We are too far away yet to have a feel for that, but if I had to guess based on what they have said so far we aren't likely to get a server like that

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
CTRL+F12 not working for my screenshots or they aren't showing up in my User\Pictures\EQNext directory. I know this was asked a few pages ago but I'm not a mod and am lazy.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Blazin, that's epic work. Love the symmetry!
Thanks, not sure if I should just template the claim and start something new or keep adding detail (which I could probably do for a week). I'm kind of tempted now to try a full claim size statue

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
CTRL+F12 not working for my screenshots or they aren't showing up in my User\Pictures\EQNext directory. I know this was asked a few pages ago but I'm not a mod and am lazy.
Make sure you are in full screen it doesn't work for me when in a window but works fine FS

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Make sure you are in full screen it doesn't work for me when in a window but works fine FS
That's probably the issue, will try again in one second. Need to go scrounge up a few thousand copper first. Thanks.

Been working on this off and on today. Lack of artistic ability notwithstanding, it has been fun. Can't get a good shot b/c of where the trees are vs. where the sun comes up so there's always a huge shadow across half of it. Been learning a lot about placement of things and how they textures impact neighboring blocks. It is causing a lot of difficulty getting the gradient and detailing right around the copper main part. Also don't seem to have enough color variation to really make it how I want.

Right now it is three layers, the back ground, the highlights / moon, then the copper. Need to work on fixing up the rest of the stuff on Tex and then mess around with different colors to give the moon some texture. I templated the Copper and other layer and think maybe I can copy/paste it without the background against the real moon in game.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Blazin, that's epic work. Love the symmetry!
There are some seriously talented neckbeards up in this place. That looks incredible.

What are those bright lights? I put down my claim in a pass between two peaks and two different biomes and find that I am in shade most of the day. Below is the platform I built as a start and to also get rid of 150k dirt. I hope I level up and smooth it out before wipe. It really is fun, even for an untalented hack like myself.

Note: I included the picture to show of the White Tree, which appeared unbidden overnight a couple of nights ago. My very own Court of the Fountain, without the Fountain.

rrr_img_59830.jpg

Madikus

Knows nothing.
If anyone is interested - I'm building rooms from LGuk right now. Currently working on the Assassin room. Running a live EQ overlay for comparisons as I go.

Twitch

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Thanks! I originally had the walls done in pretty 2D fashion looking identical to the original. A friend was watching me build and suggested I add some depth to it, so I played around a bit and ended up doing it like I am now. Obviously it's not exact, and I am by no means an expert with this stuff. (I never played minecraft and my last time with legos was probably 20 years ago.) It's pretty fun to experiment!

About to say fuck the indigo pick all together. 8 Hours of ruby hunting yielded 21, yet enough sapphire for quite a few cobalt legendary attempts.

Xevy

Log Wizard
About to say fuck the indigo pick all together. 8 Hours of ruby hunting yielded 21, yet enough sapphire for quite a few cobalt legendary attempts.
We had the opposite experience. It rained rubies but fucking sapphires are awful, especially since sapphires basically have no graphic besides that of dark dirt. Trick for rubies is look for red spots on mountains. Sapphires, however, is just look for any small cobalt nodes (the smallest graphic possible has sapphires under it).

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Super cool. Are you doing rooms piecemeal, or attempting to connect some?
Piecemeal. I'm constructing them in open areas, then making them into templates with the hope to have enough room on my claim to stack as many rooms together as possible. Just need the rug to tie the room together.
rrr_img_59857.jpg

Fyro

Golden Squire
Fully expect one of you experts to have this as this entrance to your mountain home soon.

rrr_img_59864.jpg
Fucking, eh. Kalladim. Beating the shit out of 'a decaying skeleton' for the chance of rusty broadswords and staves. Loved that game.

The more I read on EQ Landmark the more excited I get that this possibly won't be a massive failure.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Piecemeal. I'm constructing them in open areas, then making them into templates with the hope to have enough room on my claim to stack as many rooms together as possible. Just need the rug to tie the room together.
rrr_img_59857.jpg
Totally still feels like an EQ1 screenshot. They were very smart to go with this art style.