EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I really don't see how open world PvP is practical with persistent structures. You want active sieges and large battles. If its completely open, youll just wake up every day, log on and rebuild.

You need some sort of match making system, otherwise its just stupid.
That'd be a badass wasteland though. Everquest Fallout. Just do to voxels what so many games do in pvp, cut 20-50% of the damage one does in PvP compared to PvE damage, so if you need to throw 2 sticks of TNT at a certain block to damage it, in PvP you'd need to lob 4.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I find tons of them in T3 zones. Though, after the patch yesterday, I felt like I was finding pure ruby veins more than rubicite!

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
They should just put in a very simple Minecraft like combat system right now and build up from there. It'll help test the way the game feels with a sense of danger or whatever, even if very basic. How hard could it be to put in a few really basic monsters?

misery_sl

shitlord
Any tips? I was having a hell of a time finding some good Rubicite veins on Scarp last night.
Probably not any good ones. I was using the desert area border of Watershed map and basically hitting every cobalt/rubicite node that I saw. I kept my rare finding rings on, but I'm not sure if that actually helps with elementals or not. I would generally net about 0-2 pieces of elemental rubicite per node, and rubicite seems to be a bit harder to find since last update. I just hit the blue nodes and red nodes that weren't ruby hard and fast and stuck with it until I finished.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I could see PVP working like that. Queue up, get sent to an island with no structures. Everyone starts with the same amount of materials (and maybe a Mine?) and five minutes to build. Gogogo.
I really hope they explore other options. I havent played all those mobile money pits but putting that into an MMO sounds more interesting then yet another battleground-style experience. I'm hoping the EVE-like qualities we expected from SOE fan faire will finally surface.

misery_sl

shitlord
I wonder how Glowing charm of gusts and Force hoop compare for harvesting wood. Also, I'm reading that discovery stat tends to yield more wood in the long term than any other stat, and since using my +4 discovery rings I can see why. If you're going for burled wood, you might want to check out some assessor's marks to see if they get you good results. They are pretty easy to craft.

kudos

<Banned>
If I have to build a minecraft abomination in EQ:N i'm going to be fucking enraged. Keep that shit to this stupid "game" and out of the actual MMO please.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Wow, I just got around to reading the road map and it's looks pretty amazing, particularly phase 2. Hope they can deliver.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Burled wood sucks now that I can't afk axe instaspawn trees.
Man, I'm hearing you. Just ran out of the Burled I had from a night or two of afkchopping, even with 15 disco and a legendary axe, it feels brutal. Wood gathering is boring as shit. I can mine for hours because it's still fun.

Corvid_sl

shitlord
How are people getting such high Discovery amount on items? I'm only seeing two bands, one that gives +1 and the other that gives +3 or +4. Wearing two can give you like a max +8? What am I overlooking?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You can randomly craft rare quality items with higher stats. Also, item tooltips show rounded numbers but there are decimal values on the Hero window which can vary.

I've also seen a legendary Indigo pick with like +8 discovery.

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
Any of you who will be getting beta invites for friends interested in trading a future interest in one of your beta invites for an AC IV (PC) code?