EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Try switching Overall to low and then back to high, see if they fix.
switched all to low, adv settings all to low (was still grey) then back to High and still grey....
maybe it's supposed to be grey? I've not seen other screenshots of the tables so i've got nothing to compare it to

Fedor

<Banned>
omeed.jpg

Q71qUVZ.gif

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
switched all to low, adv settings all to low (was still grey) then back to High and still grey....
maybe it's supposed to be grey? I've not seen other screenshots of the tables so i've got nothing to compare it to
My tables turned grey a couple of patches ago but my doors are still the normal brown. I just blame Alpha.

misery_sl

shitlord
Every time I select+delete something, something I already deleted comes back. It has become an endless cycle of trying to clear up my claim and deleting the same areas over and over.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They really need to figure out a way to allow players to do straight edges, curves and splines.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can I thought with the smoothing tool. It's just not easy and the smoothing tool can be a bit difficult to use atm.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been building the latest creation on Courage:Watershed. Got a awesome spot right near the spires.
cool.png

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
They really need to figure out a way to allow players to do straight edges, curves and splines.
They did mention that they were bringing in additional tools over the testing phases, so I'd imagine a few of them are going to be exactly that.

It drives me crazy right now only skilled enough to make a halfway circle then I see other people like the page before doing those perfectly cylindrical columns. It wouldn't be so bad if I was going for a 'ruin' look but I'm trying to make it look like it's all brand new stuff.

I guess I'm not going nuts about it now because it's the first open alpha. They've got plenty of time to make three new tools and let us test them. Hell, even if they don't have them by launch it's a F2P game so big whoop. It'll come eventually and we don't even have to sub to get it.

Column_sl

shitlord
They just need to make a subtract tool that lets you use other shapes to carve.

And add more shapes. Cylinders, cones, pyramids etc

rrr_img_60354.png

Also they really need to have a tog-gable creative mode while you are on your claim that gives you free movement in x,y, and z without seeing your avatar.
If you need to check scale just toggle the avatar back on.

Really makes no sense to make this high rez game then force the player to use low rez blocks and shit. As cool as some of the stuff people are creating is, none of it would be good enough to be in EQN just by importing it. It would look like a blocky mess.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
They just need to make a subtract tool that lets you use other shapes to carve.

rrr_img_60354.png

Also they really need to have a tog-gable creative mode while you are on your claim that gives you free movement in x,y, and z without seeing your avatar.
If you need to check scale just toggle the avatar back on.

Really makes no sense to make this high rez game then force the player to use low rez blocks and shit. As cool as some of the stuff people are creating is, none of it would be good enough to be in EQN just by importing it. It would look like a blocky mess.
I agree with this and hope they add more tools as time goes on. There is a lot of stuff they are adding but to really move towards the end goal, they do need to give more options. If this game truly allows all the tools they want, I see this being almost impossible for WoW to successfully outdo. Blizzard tunes and 'smooths' so much that creating and improving on the constant increases will become impossible at some point. They will have to release and SOE has a gigantic lead right now.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Thing is, those shapes must be done using cubic voxels. The sphere look nice if you make them big and don't go close, but, from close up, you see that the sphere is in fact made of smoothed facets. Disable voxel smoothing for a better look.

Arbitrary shapes, and worse, arbitrary aligned shapes must be approximated. The line tool gives you a good way of checking: at most angles, it has imperfections all over it. And no, they can't change that, it's a core constraint from the technology. It's perfect for most regular, aligned shapes, but it can't do arbitrary angles, because it's not a mesh editor.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I realize it's far down the road map of tool releases and phases , but have there been any mentions of which phase/or when there will be mob creation ? I'm sure it's open beta but I was wondering if they have hinted at any rough timeline like Summer or Fall or whatever ? It's got to be in at some point with all the times they've said they are releasing all the tools they are making EQN with.

Just looking forward to seeing what type of mobs folks will come up and thats the thing I want to mess around with a lot too.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I realize it's far down the road map of tool releases and phases , but have there been any mentions of which phase/or when there will be mob creation ? I'm sure it's open beta but I was wondering if they have hinted at any rough timeline like Summer or Fall or whatever ? It's got to be in at some point with all the times they've said they are releasing all the tools they are making EQN with.

Just looking forward to seeing what type of mobs folks will come up and thats the thing I want to mess around with a lot too.
As in letting players outright make mobs from scratch? As far as I know, that was never on the table.

They've talked about letting players place mobs on their plots, and letting them fiddle with the mobs' Storybricks AI, but I imagine that's going to be a post-launch thing. Summer or Fall doesn't seem all that unreasonable of a guess, but they haven't talked much about where they are in the AI creation process, so who really knows.