EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have a few friends that are interested in playing too. If anyone has any left over keys they want to get rid of I know people who would use them.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Twitter / omeed: Sending out a much larger group ...

"Sending out a much larger group of Closed Beta invites tomorrow - and doing a giveaway with a website you may have heard of.
smile.png
"

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
I got an invite yesterday. Are we on a particular server or anything?

EDIT: Also anyone in game feel free to add me to friends. Character name Tanan.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I know I didn't know if we were planning on trying to make a region "ours" or if we wanted to do a giant invite list for friends until the guild function comes out. The group bonus for resources is nice.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I got the invite for closed beta for the same weekend I'm planning on being on vacation (packing this morning). I would like to check out the tools so maybe when I get back I'll give it an install.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Is it a weekend invite? Because if it's a 7 day pass it shouldn't start counting until you redeem the code.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
Oh, good point Raes- I read the email too quickly. I have a 7 day pass and you are correct, it shouldn't start the clock until I activate it.

Siliconemelons

Just got my 7day so any upgrade keys etc laying around would rock- and I belive the email said that its 7days from "today" or the day the email was sent...so its just a week invite from yesterday for me.

Reading the blueprint post while downloading- wow...full combat etc... what will the point of EQN be if EQL has full scale mining building etc and full fledged mmo combat and pvp pve?

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The impression that I've gotten is that Landmark's combat is going to be a pretty simple "look, we didn't lie, we really have combat!" system. It'll probably be most useful to the developers of EQN as a way to get a rudimentary combat system tested by lots of users, that they can elaborate and expand on after they're happy that the foundation is solid. That's pretty much SOP for Landmark though, right?

I got the 7 day closed beta invite for my old EQ account also, and after playing for a little while, it really really feels like a high definition graphics version of RuneScape, except that 90% of the game hasn't been started being built yet. If I had played a lot of Minecraft I'd probably see things differently, but I never could get into Minecraft either. So basically I like the tiny little bit of game that's present in Landmark, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do once they actually start turning that into a real game. I'm still not getting my hopes up too high though, because like I said, it already feels pretty RuneScapey.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Wow I thought this game would be much further along development wise. The beta feels very much like an alpha still to me and they've got a long way to go if they want to be a serious competitor.

Zuuljin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I get the feeling they are not getting as many people on board as they had hoped. The 4pack of trailblazer keys used to be a week only to start, then it was full beta access. Now their sending out week long invites. And then looking at the server/world pops, they are all low, even during prime time. I hope I'm wrong though cause I'm loving this game so far.

Edit: Well it did *just* come out of alpha a week or so ago, and I think everyone agrees they are a bit behind. They locked themselves into that beta date early on, so I would still consider this alpha even though its "officially" beta. Whatever though, from here on they have no hard deadlines and haven't put out a release date, so it can just go at whatever pace they like.