EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Yes, please keep bringing up the one stupid part of the argument, the pay-to-win bullshit. While ignoring everything else. No one gives a flying fuck about pay-to-win. Let's focus instead on things like the term "cosmetic." In a building game, every material/texture/effect is fucking cosmetic. How about they just let us build for free with dirt only, and put everything else behind a paywall. It's all cosmetic, and all you need is one material to actually build.

Either attack all points of the argument or none. No one is impressed with cherry-picking.
You are being a drama queen.

The fact is that the way they have chosen to try to make money off their game is the least intrusive I've ever seen. They aren't charging for textures or materials. So fucking what if you need to pay 2 bucks for a green light. If this is what bothers you, don't buy it, or better yet, don't play.

The endless bitching and this ridiculous feeling of entitlement are kinda endemic of this generation. Somehow people work sand into their vaginas and get Personally aggrieved that someone is trying to earn a living offering them a service.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Can we ever have a discussion without the childish insults?

They aren't charging for textures or materials,yet. And hopefully they won't. I have no problem spending money on a game. But, I would much prefer a buy-to-play or free download + subscription model that allows full access. Otherwise the door is open for being nickel and dimed to death.

There's a right way and a wrong way to do F2P. I don't hear any news about PoE or MH having money problems, do you?

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think that they would be better off taking everything that they were going to put behind a paywall and allow people to craft them. However, make the recipes fairly uncommon and fairly expensive to make. That way people can still make them in game if they want, but the inherent laziness of gamers will ensure a steady income from people tired of farming materials. Just my two cents.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Recipes are basically how they're going to regulate the player economy anyway. They've already said some of what we can craft right now is going to go away at some point and become a recipe (open beta?) so it really becomes a good way for SOE to make money, and it's in the same vein as how lots of F2P games do it... prey on the people too impatient to wait.

Citz

Silver Squire
That's my assumption too. If you look back at their business model post, they said that they mainly want to have time-shortcut items in their store. So once we have to farm to get the recipes freely (probably what they wanted to do with the lights), the lights in the store will make sense.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Can we ever have a discussion without the childish insults?

They aren't charging for textures or materials,yet. And hopefully they won't. I have no problem spending money on a game. But, I would much prefer a buy-to-play or free download + subscription model that allows full access. Otherwise the door is open for being nickel and dimed to death.

There's a right way and a wrong way to do F2P. I don't hear any news about PoE or MH having money problems, do you?
It's a pretty sad argument to always go off about what they may or may not do. Let's actually bitch about real problems instead of made up shit. The only real problem for players right now are not having colored lights, maybe some holiday stuff? Wow, sounds great. This game will be FTP. That means there will be items that are not free. I thought that was common knowledge at this point. How else do they make money? Because they aren't making a sub game or a BTP game. Move on. This argument is stupid.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
They've already stated that colored lights will be craftable next week, and implied that that was the plan all along, and admitted they made a mistake. So I have no idea why they keep getting brought up. Their business plan is up on the website. Character cosmetics and time shortcuts are what they plan to sell on the marketplace. That and the player studio is how they plan to make money. Why don't you go catch up on your reading and come back when you actually have some facts to throw around.

PS Hyperbole? Really? Grow the fuck up.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I now derail the conversation to bring you pictures:
Had 6 people congregate randomly in my claim, was fun. I got tired of dealing with circles all day long so I expanded onto the tower and added a tavern! It's not nearly complete yet and is also huge! I keep running out of wood.

Up to 149 upvotes so far, too. Somewhat low if you ask me but I suppose populations are rather small per island.

I'm really bummed that we can't use the extra Claim Flag as an additional Attached Claim. I still have a gaping hole in the top of my tower due to butting against the claim wall. I could have solved 1/2 of it by using my 3rd Attached Claim up there but am using it for this tavern instead.

Adventure:Crater @ Zone In

Exterior shot:
rrr_img_64649.jpg

Looking across the first floor of tower+tavern.
rrr_img_64650.jpg

Random roof shot. Tavern roof isn't done yet, still need more wood.
rrr_img_64651.jpg

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
They've already stated that colored lights will be craftable next week, and implied that that was the plan all along, and admitted they made a mistake. So I have no idea why they keep getting brought up. Their business plan is up on the website. Character cosmetics and time shortcuts are what they plan to sell on the marketplace. That and the player studio is how they plan to make money. Why don't you go catch up on your reading and come back when you actually have some facts to throw around.

PS Hyperbole? Really? Grow the fuck up.
I guess you will need something else to bitch about then right? It was you bitching about being nickeled and dimed to death without colored lights right? You didboldyet right? Just wondering who needs to maybe learn some patience?

Fawe, nice pics!

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I guess you will need something else to bitch about then right? It was you bitching about being nickeled and dimed to death without colored lights right? You didboldyet right? Just wondering who needs to maybe learn some patience?

Fawe, nice pics!
No one was bitching about being nickel and dimed to death. Your reading comprehension fails. Just drop it.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
It's crazy how elaborate some people's designs are but the one thing that's kind of jarring is that the voxels looks really bad from a distance. I wonder if they're working on a solution to that for EQN or if predetermined locations like a Freeport wouldn't suffer as badly. The game looks nice, but anything from a distance looks jacked up.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm experiencing the same problem as Minecraft; I don't have a fucking clue what to build. I've got all of my machines upgraded, am waiting for the new item mechanism to get patched in before spending too much trying for legendaries, and have a big bare patch of land with nothing on it. WTB inspiration.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Google images is a good place to start. Also looking through the screenshot threads on the official forums to give you some idea of what's possible.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
One thing I found myself doing during the alpha is trying to recreate some of my old Minecraft builds. Doing that let me learn how the newer tools worked while being a bit familiar with the structure I was trying to build.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
If claim a part of land underground and dig it out, will it stay? I want to make a cavern and not sure how the game works yet...?

Caliane

if you dig/delete dirt in your claim it stays that way yes.

Of note, I have not seen any caves/dungeons really yet. Lots of castles/towers, etc.
But yet to see someone claim DOWN 2 or 3 claims.

I've cycled through ideas. Cave of wonders was on the list at one point. tree forts. mead hall.. mountain resort.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
If you sign up for their all access pass you get 500 station cash free a month as well as (eventually) a 10% discount in the Landmark market. That's 50 free lights a month!

Tonic_sl

shitlord
if you dig/delete dirt in your claim it stays that way yes.

Of note, I have not seen any caves/dungeons really yet. Lots of castles/towers, etc.
But yet to see someone claim DOWN 2 or 3 claims.

I've cycled through ideas. Cave of wonders was on the list at one point. tree forts. mead hall.. mountain resort.
Yeah I figure I'll do something unique(ish) once I figure out how everything works. Everyone can feel free to add me in game if they want to chat - Grumblecake.