EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Terial

Trakanon Raider
finally!!!
When you want to Paste or put down a Template in Tweak Mode, there is a new option: The ability to include/exclude air.

Edit: Looks like patch notes were not posted at all here...

New Tweak Option!

When you want to Paste or put down a Template in Tweak Mode, there is a new option: The ability to include/exclude air.
For the advanced builders out there, you probably already know what this means. To everyone else, let me explain a bit.
When you're building with voxels, if you delete anything, that voxel space becomes "air." That means there's actually something in that space, you simply can't see it. Now if you had healed that space, it would essentially fill that area with "nothing."
This means that if you copy and paste an area with "air" in to another area with voxels, it will leave an empty space. This can sometimes be an issue if you want to interpenetrate a pasted volume in to another area with voxels. It will remove chunks of an area that you may not have realized had "air."

Compass!

There's now a Compass on your HUD. Gone are the days of constantly switching to the map to see if you're going in the right direction!

New Props!

As we stated last week, the Light Orbs that we added to the Trading Post are now craftable in-game. Just visit a Tinker's Workshop and craft to your heart's content.
Transparent Glass Windows are now craftable at the Tinker's Workshop.

Simplified Claim Walk-On window

Removed the temperature graphic.
The number of likes within the past seven days will now display.
If you hover over the number of likes, it will show you the number of Lifetime likes.

Bug Fixes

If you sorted by slot in the Supplies window, blank icons would display. Fixed.
Fixed an issue where you would remain floating in a grappling animation if the tree you were hanging on was destroyed.
Sometimes props would remain in the world on an expired claim, if they were put there by someone other than the claim owner. This shouldn't happen any longer.
The Beta Boost potion FX should no longer play each time you switch tools.
Posting to Facebook via the Social Window without attaching a screenshot, should no longer attach a blank screenshot.
Previously it was possible to stack numerous items on top of each other in the Mail attachment window. Not anymore!
Made sure that the error audio would play each time you attempted to use a tool that had a Red (invalid) cursor.
Fixed an issue where props placed by other players would not display the scale and rotation changes.
There was an issue where props placed by other players would not be able to be moved on your claim. This is fixed.
Decreased the interaction size on the Superior Loom.
The newly added Light Orbs will now show in the Props category in the Trading Post.
Sometimes the Pulverizer audio would become distorted after changing Worlds / Islands.
Fixed an issue where a Paste Preview would inexplicably drop to the ground, if you rotated / translated it in a certain way.
Added a character limit to chat messages.
Fixed an issue where user placed voxels would sometimes re-appear at a distance if they were deleted or removed with undo. (testable next build)
Did a polish pass on all dull and shiny metals (similar to what we did last week with gold!)
You can no longer trade items in a chest with other players, if that item is marked "NO TRADE"
Fixed a leftover issue from last week regarding tooltips in Chests. You should no longer get in to a state where no tooltips are showing.
Modified the Vault window in order to get rid of all that extra space on the bottom.

added--

A couple of additional things:

White Light Orbs have been added to the Trading Post. They can be purchased in bundles of 10.

The following Trading Post items have had their prices adjusted:

Now 900 SC: White Colonist's Encounter Suit, Purple Casual Victorian Apparel, Red Casual Victorian Apparel, Black Casual Victorian Apparel
Now 800 SC: Gold Casual Victorian Apparel
Now 700 SC: Blue Casual Victorian Apparel
Now 500 SC: Royal Blue Adventurer's Gear

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Pasting without air only works on straight objects. You lose curves/smoothness from it. Still mostly useless imo until it works on smooth surfaces.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Pasting without air only works on straight objects. You lose curves/smoothness from it. Still mostly useless imo until it works on smooth surfaces.
Known bug, fix coming soon.

Edit: Hotfix tomorrow.

So we have a lead on the issue causing issues when trying to get in to the game. The worlds are being hammered by some logic we put in the game this week. We're working on a fix for it but it won't be ready to go out tonight. So we're planning a hotfix for tomorrow at 1:00 PM PST (we will let you know if this shifts) to fix this issue and a couple of other fixes we can get out at the same time. Here's the list!

Fix the issue that can stop players from getting in to the game from character select.
Fix the anomalies that could occur when pasting a template without air.
Fix an issue that could cause your client to display "old" data for part of the world you're modifying for a brief period of time.
Fix an issue that was causing the following outfits to tint incorrectly
Courtier's Regalia
Noble's Regalia

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Here's a few shots of my claim thus far. I never had a real plan before I started so this is just how things progressed. I'm on Confidence - Brook, northwest from the spires a ways, but still able to see them.
rrr_img_64889.jpg
rrr_img_64890.jpg
rrr_img_64891.jpg
rrr_img_64892.jpg
rrr_img_64893.jpg
rrr_img_64894.jpg
First time attaching images on here so hopefully it works.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
That's pretty awesome looking, great job.

I've screwed around a little with building, but not much, and I'm already frustrated at certain pretty basic things. For example, I tried to make an octagon slice that would end up being a pillar, since the round ones don't look as clean to me. So I laid out the square pieces and then used the line tool to make the angles. It worked perfectly on one half, and almost not at all on the other half. Like, I was clearly drawing the angle the exact same way, but it would just add a little blob instead of filling in the full triangle like it should. Repeated applications and attempts gave the same result.

So I sliced off the good side as a selection, copied it, rotated it, and put it on the bad side. And it fucking worked. Why?! If that works, which clearly means the voxels are capable of attaining that configuration in that direction on that shape at that time of day and that alignment of stars (because it sometimes seems like shit won't work for what has to be one of those reasons), then why doesn't it fucking work when I use the line tool exactly like I did on the other side?!

Or I'll use the triangular end piece to make what I can best describe as the head of an arrow. It looks fine from on top, but straight on you can tell that it has Down's Syndrome and is all retarded on the lower part. Slicing off the decent top part keeps the retarded DNA somehow and it still looks derpy.

The smooth tool needs a ton of work too. Thank god for the undo button, because I've ruined tons of shit trying to smooth it.

Or maybe I am just terrible, that's a possibility too.

Couloir_sl

shitlord
Nice idea with the sundial. Does it work well with the shading?

I think the building tools will continue to get smarter/more polished and the experience will get less frustrating over time, but these voxels are just an unruly bunch of fuckers sometimes. I think it'll always be a tough game to get into for people who lack a healthy dose of patience and/or a willingness to accept some imperfections. It's a lot like dealing with you guys, in a way...

Anyways, I got started earlier this week and am typically up for a conversation if anyone wants to make a new friend. Haven't really built anything yet besides the tools. Thinkin that I'll focus mainly on mining for now when I have time to play, as I expect that gathering materials will get harder once caverns and mobs are introduced. Can't hurt to give them some time to spruce up some of the building tools either, I reckon.

My IGN is Couloir. I'll be hangin out on people's streams and what not, on twitch I'm calling myself coinandcleavage. Hope to see some of you guys around.

Caliane

Nice idea with the sundial. Does it work well with the shading?

I think the building tools will continue to get smarter/more polished and the experience will get less frustrating over time, but these voxels are just an unruly bunch of fuckers sometimes. I think it'll always be a tough game to get into for people who lack a healthy dose of patience and/or a willingness to accept some imperfections. It's a lot like dealing with you guys, in a way...

Anyways, I got started earlier this week and am typically up for a conversation if anyone wants to make a new friend. Haven't really built anything yet besides the tools. Thinkin that I'll focus mainly on mining for now when I have time to play, as I expect that gathering materials will get harder once caverns and mobs are introduced. Can't hurt to give them some time to spruce up some of the building tools either, I reckon.

My IGN is Couloir. I'll be hangin out on people's streams and what not, on twitch I'm calling myself coinandcleavage. Hope to see some of you guys around.
yeah. this is one of the things I am seeing now. And I think I might have been correct way back when.
I felt the "squares" of terraria/starbound/minecraft/Trove were actually fairly important. It helps players visualize the tools, and what they can and can't do. The massive abstractness of voxels and working with them, is a huge barrier of entry. Yes, the hardcore will make great things here. but, I think the average player or young player might get real bored real fast. While a new player can build something in minecraft, that fits into the world, much faster.

Obviously, a long ways to go. but, I do wonder. and I see none of my friends still playing this.

Many many KIDS are you guys seeing playing?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Logged on yesterday and had a one hour warning that my 4 claims were about to get baleeted. So glad I didn't decide to eat dinner first.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
It sort of works in a sense that there is a shadow on the face of the dial, but I didn't even try to get it to accurately tell the time, although that'd be pretty awesome and it did cross my mind. Maybe i'll fiddle with it once I finish other parts of my claim. I've been working a lot on fleshing out rooms, adding small details to make the place come to life a bit more, otherwise it's awfully sterile.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
It's a large 3 claim area with shit tons of random creations set up on a multi-level structure.

In the blue flagged claim.
rrr_img_64972.jpg