EQOA rose colored glasses thread or "How I learned to MMO"

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
I played the shit out of beta for this and a very little after release, think I made it to like mid 30s or something?

I don't remember why I quit.. I remember it being amazing for being on PS2. Probably got dragged back into DAoC or something not sure.

Crell_sl

shitlord
I just remember having it for a few weeks, but it had some serious lag on my end and I couldn't get very far with it.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
It wasn't popular at first but with the smaller versions of the PS2 they came with built in Ethernet ports around the time SOCOM was coming out.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I only ever saw those commercials online. SOE marketing was pretty poor. And they scrapped a 3rd expansion when it was 90% complete. I really do wonder what goes on in those company discussions sometimes. It's like they try to fail.

Elerion

N00b
Uhm, you know what EQ's expansions looked like when they were "100% complete". 90% complete was probably still a long way from actually fully functioning.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol.

I wish I had a chance to play EqOA, frankly their marketing was so poor that I didn't even know it existed.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I played this a LOT, I was a main tank in a guild called Blood.

Played with some people who eventually went to WoW and joined Fires of Heaven. Jepepe, Jayson, Burke and a couple others.

That game had an awesome community.

Mesenkomaha_sl

shitlord
I signed up here just so I could post on this thread.

EQoA was one of the best games ever made. I wish we could still play it but am pretty sure that it is gone forever. What a shame.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Im glad they cancelled the expansion, i was able to snag the original painting for it.
smile.png

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I think the emulator for this game died. They would need each person to have a disk and have to emulate SOE's DLNA severs. Oh well. Would have been nice to play this again.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I've been looking across the internet high and low for pics of the pets in EQOA. Anyone have some stored away somewhere? Was hard to screen capture back in day lol.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
Since this is a nostalgia thread, I ran across this. Gotta say the guy put alot of effort into it.

I had a halfling warr for quite awhile untill the POV, repair costs, and only 4 to a group drove me away. Will say the quests were some of the best I've seen in a mmo, especially the different class quests that all merged together. Thought that would be picked up by other games.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Damn so many places in that video create instant nostalgia. Idk about the end of it but thumbs up!