Escape from Tarkov

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I joined when there was a flea market.. so I don't know prior. If there was a period w/o a flea market, i'm jealous.. because that does sounds pretty fun. It's pretty much how I play now, I can't be bothered by trying to loot for profit. I just join my friends on their loot runs to go pew pew. All my gear has been pretty much player striped. Honestly, I think the only guns I've built myself are mosins for tarkov shooter, gunsmith, and shotguns. Aside from like a preferred sight. I'm pretty okay without it, player trade is enough for me.. IE friend giving me a gun but it's his insurance and my survival that matter at that point.

As far as your claims, I don't disagree entirely.. But I mean, cheater claims have gone back as far as 2017 with minimal googling. While the localization happened around the same time as the streamer publicity boom at the beginning of this year. Surely it didn't help ofc, but with or without Chinese involvement.. Cheaters would have been in the fray.. And from my experience from the past, aside from WoW.. Brazilians and Russians were the ones capitalizing on cheats too. Either way, not trying to defend China.. Just that it was/is going to be out of hand until BSG goes gung-ho about it, and contiune to dedicate continuous effort in fighting it.. Which seems like it's more in a current state of pumping content, then working on cheater/rmt problem, then pumping more content..rather than simultaneously.

Either way, if it's unity limiting it.. I was told tarkov/bsg/Nikita mentioned about moving to a new unity engine, or some shit.. I don't really know, telephone game at this point.. But maybe it'll help /shrug also personally think more things technically killed pubg than just China, it's jsut easier to say China because China #1

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
There was always cheating, and always will be in FPS. However the China localization increased it by a disgusting amount.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Also on top of the questing changes affected by found in raid, I loathe the recent ammo changes for the most part. Bolt actions are even further non competitive with M80/7n1 not 1 tapping. (7n1 was acting funky for a lot of people for a bit, I actually had a chat with a cool dude, I got him 3x in the chest with 7n1 when he had white 3m armor (healed between shots), he blasted me 1-2 times with LPS or m80 (before the patch) Both of us should have been getting 1 tapped.

But now on top of making those rounds nerfed, they make up a fake round the 366 AP which being as good or actually better than both stat wise. Semi auto controllable vepr or the toz sniper which is just a quicker reloading mosin w/ that round. It hasn't broken the game, but it makes it all the more heavily in favor of fairly cheap rat like loads that can played half decently annihilate sweaty gear. .45acp AP isn't much better and likely will be insane when that SMG is realeased.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I've got 3 ammo cans full of .45 AP.

My body is ready for Vektor meta.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Witless

Trakanon Raider
You can reset your character back to nothing on your profile page. This includes forgetting all identified items. It’s great for wipes and mid season resets.

Reset of ingame profile - Escape from Tarkov
For those who like playing fresh, Devs have announced that there will be a wipe with tomorrow’s patch as well as the new woods expansion. Today would be a good time to reset your account if you plan on playing in the next few months.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just started last night. I've watched hundreds of hours of Tarkov probably between Summit/Grimmmz/Shroud. I'm still mad I don't have extract knowledge on the maps, but I run Customs which just got a revamp recently so a lot of it is new. Gun play isn't as bad as I thought even with low end scav weapons. I did break both my legs WALKING down an escalator last night and then failed to extract my scav after hobbling for the 14 minutes left in raid. It didn't help that I apparently had mouse-wheeled stealth mode on at some point.

I think it was about 3 games in before I lost gear-fear. Pretty fucking quick, but I cheated and pay2winned the $120 pack so I've got more leeway than most I suppose.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Just started last night. I've watched hundreds of hours of Tarkov probably between Summit/Grimmmz/Shroud. I'm still mad I don't have extract knowledge on the maps, but I run Customs which just got a revamp recently so a lot of it is new. Gun play isn't as bad as I thought even with low end scav weapons. I did break both my legs WALKING down an escalator last night and then failed to extract my scav after hobbling for the 14 minutes left in raid. It didn't help that I apparently had mouse-wheeled stealth mode on at some point.

I think it was about 3 games in before I lost gear-fear. Pretty fucking quick, but I cheated and pay2winned the $120 pack so I've got more leeway than most I suppose.
Customs revamp isn't to bad, the woods addition has completely thrown me off.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Customs revamp isn't to bad, the woods addition has completely thrown me off.

I think the Woods addition part is bigger than the old Woods map... I think the map is actually too big for the number of possible PMCs as well.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Customs expansion is op. My friend was doing the loot runs pre-wipe and making out like a bandit. Lvndmark recently went on about that customs now has a higher rubles per raid than interchange.

As far as woods goes, i'm having a blast with it. I haven't had any issues getting pvp when I go looking for it. Am kinda disappointed Sturman is still at sawmill only but hearing landmines go off in the distance never gets old, and its way better when its your squadmate who gets scared shitless from stepping on it.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
So my last raid I either ran into a cheater, exploiter or some kind of bug on customs. Dude just up and disappeared without making any noise and than 1 tapped me with no sound of a gunshot.

Xevy

Log Wizard
That's a problem with Tarkov. You'll basically never know who's cheating and who just got a good angle/shot. I've had some people shoot me on the top of my head with no elevation around me and people hit me in the nape of my neck with my back to a wall. Is it possible? Sure is! Ricochets and bigly snipers and who the fuck knows. A kill cam would be sweet, but you'd have to do it after your whole team dies or obviously it's OP. Maybe even a little heat map with the in-game maps you can buy with just a dot where you are and a dot where they were on request.

So there's definitely some places people, streamers included, are big time sleeping on with the revamps. There's a place I've been PMC/Scavving nonstop for an easy 300k in hauls nearly every time with no competition. I obviously don't want to give it away because it's so much fucking loot that you have to spend close to 10 minutes just checking every container/spawn and if you're a PMC several scavs can spawn there. One spawned and shotgunned me in the back about 2 feet from me last night. Luckily he didn't brain me so I killed him, but was definitely not something I think should be happening. Usually they spawn a bit away, scream scavtalk, and then run towards you.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Interchange or Shoreline ground stashes? Those are easy 300K/run if you're just slightly careful when moving, you'll likely have a 90%+ survival rate but they're kinda boring after awhile.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I don't have a clip, but since it's one of the main things people complain about.. Nikita basically just said in a qna report everything suspicious.. I've ran into my fair share of incidences but only really happens when I go to high ticket loot spots. Cheaters operate a little bit different, I feel. While there are still the occasional myg0t tehe types, it seems a majority of them purely run to sustain their ability to cheat by getting big loot and rmt.

I'd love to have a pubg playback system, but I'm not worried about it.. Even that would be OP. First 2minutes of every raid for me is Pvp.. Running down the spawns around me, then loot/scoot the rest of the map.

There are quite a few of good loot routes. What I've noticed at the moment is that it feels most people are on "old" loot routes from old guides. Interchange oli runs have been super hot, to the point where it's not actually worth it.. Which is easily 300k a run. The Interchange Jaeger run is good now after they buffed the stashes recently.

Lvndmark exposed the customs expansion run, which has been the prime breadwinner for my group. If I'm doing loot runs, which is usually on my scav, is either night reserve or woods. My pmc is just mostly focused on tasks and helping others til Kappa.

From my understanding, a lot of the vets rush nightvision.. Then play thicc as fuck at night cleaning maps. Doing like one engagement, winning, grabbing, then leaving.

Last edited:

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The vector is so much fun... I haven't had this much fun shooting in Tarkov since my first wipe and I got to play with/mod M4s

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well, after 20+ runs yesterday and millions in ammo alone probably, the secret's out. My sweet spot is over.

Getcha boys over to Military Camp in Woods and come get your easy 250k-500k per run.

Xevy

Log Wizard
1609556234192.png

One Scav run to military camp. That's 1/2 the loot because I was running duo. I'm Therapist now :)

• 1Like