Escape from Tarkov

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I have just been playing Customs. I usually have a pretty good idea where I am but apparently not where the bad guys are.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
The hacker problem since labs release is the whole reason I still have never run labs yet.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The hacker problem since labs release is the whole reason I still have never run labs yet.

It goes through phases where its not bad and where its terrible. Right now we are deeeeeeeeeeep in a terrible phase, and Im not sure BSG even cares if they fix the problem.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the game is actually fucked right now. It's spilled out of labs to nearly every map with high value loot and you're like 30% to just die to standard accounts with discord server names advertising their cheat.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
To cut cheating by 95%, all they have to do is add Anti-CCP posters in every map and let all the Tarkov players in china report each other to their local gestapo.

• 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
At this point it's so bad they could probably blanket ban every account that has >20% headshot kill rate and hit 0 innocent people.

• 1Solidarity

agripa

Molten Core Raider
You would think they could use anomalous statistics to do this. It makes me think either they don't have the capability in their db or they don't care.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
You would think they could use anomalous statistics to do this. It makes me think either they don't have the capability in their db or they don't care.

Given the stance they had when I started playing and how reluctant they were to address the cheating problem at all, their anti-cheat was in a text file on your pc that you could edit via notepad, I am going with they just don't care.

Sludig

With how much money they say they make. Just highlights why also mobile games are so succesful with all the fucking whales that are happy to pay2win ie practically developer supported cheating in a sense. In any game ever online, I've always felt 70% of the people are shitters, 25% are above average/competant, then 5% that are streamer level great. Between companies that cash in on this in their own games, or the more internet savvy generation of people these days, I guess it's not surprising that you get a disruptive portion of the shitters that are happy to pay to win to keep their self esteem up.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Rampant and blatant hacking has ripped away one of my favorite genres of games (FPS). Sure, hacking existed even back in the Delta Force and Delta Force 2 days, but I never remember it being as rampant as it is today. I feel like I can't play any FPS more than an hour or two without running into a hacker. Tarkov, Warzone, Apex, etc. Shit is fucking everywhere now.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ban china from the rest of the world's internet.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Grey market keys and removal of private servers helped hackers a lot, on top of some games having devs that give the minimum amount of fucks about it (CoD) or are a F2P game.

Also full agreement with Ronne, region lock China to their own shit.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
While I haven't done labs, and often probably don't even realize the shot that hit me was from a hacker to begin with aside from a very small amount of time that had me scratching my head.. I still enjoy the random shenanigans with my friends that tarkov has to offer over Warzone and the hackers I have met there. I had a moment where I ran out of ammo from a hoard of scavs to end up fighting a 3rd party player w/ my crowbar circling him yelling "this is how I go, this is not how I go" on repeat while he only hit every 5th shot.. or like the hatchling that dove into graphics card room on reserve and fractured my leg with a melee hit.. and because when you need a splint, you don't bring one.. I couldn't jump out the window to get out, I became the graphics card room raid boss.

I do wish more people would take up hardware banning.. I've been playing Valorant in immortal lobbies and don't ever really feel I get cheated out of my game yet. A questionable moment every once in awhile, just chalk it to a report and move on. I've dealt with hacking in a ton of games and I just always found it annoying when it was someone who was good at the game(movement/gamesense/etc), and hacking because you'll never really know.. versus those who blatantly hack, I can atleast just say whatever gg. I can't say I have an overly ruined experience and often times believe majority of the people who cry hacks are crying wolf.. but i'm also someone who is life blood in fps's is literally the salty tears and the golden trophy of being called a hacker.

Regardless, its just too lucrative of a business that it can't just be the chinese out there trying to cash in on programming "undetectable" cheats to sell for hundreds. While hardware bans isn't the end all be all, its definitely bad for business and is a decent deterrent for the average fuck.

Break

Supposedly the game isn't even for sale in China, but they still manage to get as many keys as they want and play through VPNs. They do have some ping-lock which limits the hacker problem a bit. My recommendation is to play only on the midwest servers, they're less likely to have chinese cheaters or europeans.

Sludig

While I haven't done labs, and often probably don't even realize the shot that hit me was from a hacker to begin with aside from a very small amount of time that had me scratching my head.. I still enjoy the random shenanigans with my friends that tarkov has to offer over Warzone and the hackers I have met there. I had a moment where I ran out of ammo from a hoard of scavs to end up fighting a 3rd party player w/ my crowbar circling him yelling "this is how I go, this is not how I go" on repeat while he only hit every 5th shot.. or like the hatchling that dove into graphics card room on reserve and fractured my leg with a melee hit.. and because when you need a splint, you don't bring one.. I couldn't jump out the window to get out, I became the graphics card room raid boss.

I do wish more people would take up hardware banning.. I've been playing Valorant in immortal lobbies and don't ever really feel I get cheated out of my game yet. A questionable moment every once in awhile, just chalk it to a report and move on. I've dealt with hacking in a ton of games and I just always found it annoying when it was someone who was good at the game(movement/gamesense/etc), and hacking because you'll never really know.. versus those who blatantly hack, I can atleast just say whatever gg. I can't say I have an overly ruined experience and often times believe majority of the people who cry hacks are crying wolf.. but i'm also someone who is life blood in fps's is literally the salty tears and the golden trophy of being called a hacker.

Regardless, its just too lucrative of a business that it can't just be the chinese out there trying to cash in on programming "undetectable" cheats to sell for hundreds. While hardware bans isn't the end all be all, its definitely bad for business and is a decent deterrent for the average fuck.
Tarkov is interesting because on top of normal cheaters, there's a suprising large RMT market. Sadly many of the changes have hamstrung normal players, and I feel like the cheaters still make mad money especially dominating the higher loot maps like labs. Last wipe by now without farming labs or really farming on purpose at all, I was sitting well over 20-30 million. I've been busy for a lot of this wipe, but even maybe "half" way done w/ all the quests etc, and I'm floating at 2-3 million with still last stache upgrade and a few other pricey ones like solar/scav box not done.

Fadaar

That guy
the flea market changes pretty much turned me off from the game entirely

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Tarkov is interesting because on top of normal cheaters, there's a suprising large RMT market. Sadly many of the changes have hamstrung normal players, and I feel like the cheaters still make mad money especially dominating the higher loot maps like labs. Last wipe by now without farming labs or really farming on purpose at all, I was sitting well over 20-30 million. I've been busy for a lot of this wipe, but even maybe "half" way done w/ all the quests etc, and I'm floating at 2-3 million with still last stache upgrade and a few other pricey ones like solar/scav box not done.

Yeah, I have ran into a few >10 PMC and having gear they had no business having. Fortunate in those known experiences, it was a pinata of free loot. I feel like BSG is trying to tackle the situation of RMT and Hacks but in the process having to deal with non-favorable changes by community standards(ie captcha and FiR) and evolution/mutation of cheating takes on when one way is counter acted and a new method or different cheat is introduced. It's usually why I stand by hardware banning because its enough of a deterrent to swing a large percentage of these people from even considering partaking. That and, I think someone said it earlier.. start flagging accounts with insane ratios.. because at a certain point its just inhuman. It's in part why I never did roubles transfers ala putting up a bandage for 500k and my friend buying it.. because that was the word on how they were tackling some RMT'rs.

While I understand what you're saying but could that also be in part to the "found in raid" scenario introduced? or would that only made up a small fraction of your profit? I feel like that was like a huge pocket hit to a lot of regular players, and essentially caused the supply end of RMT to take other measures.

I could careless either way with the flea market, I do think the game would be interesting if your gear was all found in raid only and traders.. but I also understand the fun/ease the flea market introduces to other players. Nothing like buying Fuel Conditioners at profit to grind rep with Jaeger.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The flea market changed this game from being a pvp based game to be a looting based game. Before the flea, when you needed gear you pvped for it and stole other people's gear. No flea helped encourage pvp. Post flea you just sell everything, even post FIR change, and buy what you need. It makes more sense to just run budget/low gear and go out and pick up all your loot rather than pvp for it. That wasn't really the purpose of this game.

Not being a programmer I can't confirm this, but i have been told that the Unity engine makes anti hack harder. I don't know why however. For a long time BSG flat out didn't care about anti hack, it wasn't until they dropped Labs that they realized they needed to do something about it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It has entirely to do with them launching Chinese localization earlier this year lol, not any more complicated than that.

Now you've got however many thousands of hans that can make an upper-class salary in USD daily by selling roubles to lazy american gweilo, so here we are.

The biggest mistake any competitive game can make is Chinese localization. It happened to PUBG, every MOBA game, Overwatch, etc.

The flea market changes are poorly thought out and purely reactionary to the huge RMT market and ultimately won't solve the problem in the slightest. It just ends up discouraging normal players from taking part in PvP in favor of rat/PvE gameplay because that's where the profit is, and most people in this game are broke constantly.

• 1Solidarity