Escape from Tarkov

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
and armor doesn't take any durability hit from it either just like other explosives it seems

i havent played much at all since wipe, noob tube isn't doing much to draw me back in

Only available via trade and its 1 VPX and 3 Military Control boards... there aren't a ton of people running around with them.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Killing streamers is just so fun. I'm pretty satisfied w/ my movement, hit em w/ the rewind and made him think it was two people. SVDS has no business being this good.

Another clip from a few days ago from another FoH resident whos forum name I don't know.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How's the latest patch? I think the game is probably in it's best state ever for me, but I have absolutely no motivation to play. Not sure why.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Tarkov is on sale for those interested.

I usually play with a friend, so that's about the jist of what keeps me going. Idk if I care too much to run it solo aside from a few tasks and scav runs.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
My kid has been playing this for a while and I'm thinking about getting it while it is on sale. He tells me I will get my ass beat. Not as snappy as I used to be at FPS.

Witless

Trakanon Raider
My kid has been playing this for a while and I'm thinking about getting it while it is on sale. He tells me I will get my ass beat. Not as snappy as I used to be at FPS.
I would say I lose maybe one in ten fights to slow reflexes, but I play pretty conservative. Map awareness and tactical thinking will get you pretty far if you don’t mind playing at a slower pace.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
You can always embrace the rat life and live for the hustle, then laugh at your kid that you got so much money.

Benefit of tarkov is that it isn't a shooter that is played exactly one way for x amount of rounds. People have found ways to make their games interesting in their own way. I've ran into people who consider themselves raid bosses, I watched people 'roleplay' their characters in ways. Sharptooth, a streamer is a decent example. He runs only interchange with a hunter. Occassionally doing cowboy runs with a sawed off Mosin and a cowboy hat. Pestily, while extremely knowledgeable of the game, he's pretty well known for his Factory John Wick runs. As is Quattroace and Labs. I don't watch a lot of Klean, but I tuned in once and he was doing Scav gang runs and it was glorious watching him basically command a unit of player scavs using ingame voicelines, gunshot signaling, and hand signs while occasionally making some commands/comments on stream.

And as I tell most of my friends since we are all getting old. Is that while your reflexes are not as sharp, your brain has gotten sharper. I'm lucky enough to have built muscle memory and such, but from my experience dhem yungings might be a crack shot but 100% are also gung-ho and can be outplayed on a dime.

But that said, as someone who is traditionally good at fps; I get my ass spanked in tarkov pretty often. As does everybody, and it's going to only get worse as they add more things

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I did buy it and had a lot of fun playing it. Steep learning curve but my kid did a couple of runs with me to help me get my bearings and stood over my shoulder and talked me through inventory management. That helped a lot.

I got to the point that I was able to do scav runs solo. I think I had about 800k and a full set of gear and some spare weapons by the end of the night.

My main definitely got beat down for a while. Map knowledge is huge and there is no way to do build that other than getting your shit shoved in a few times.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I did buy it and had a lot of fun playing it. Steep learning curve but my kid did a couple of runs with me to help me get my bearings and stood over my shoulder and talked me through inventory management. That helped a lot.

I got to the point that I was able to do scav runs solo. I think I had about 800k and a full set of gear and some spare weapons by the end of the night.

My main definitely got beat down for a while. Map knowledge is huge and there is no way to do build that other than getting your shit shoved in a few times.

You can play in offline mode to learn the maps. If you die you won't lose gear but you wont keep anything you loot either.

Break

For me scav runs are the most fun. Last wipe I spawned as a scav on interchange with a shitty 10 round mag of 5.45 T ammo and I dropped 2 chad's with a single mag, ended up waddling out with something like 2 million rubles of their stuff and had to leave a bunch more behind. There's just something really fun about the early wipes and then later on in the wipes I'd rather just spawn in with random crap to do some honest scaving for a better gun and see what kind of players or bosses I can take out.

Fadaar

That guy
I used to do Reserve and do my best to find an AK and a box of BS ammo. Really levels the playing field, got me a fat chad once. Saw a pair of dudes running from back side of White Knight (bunkers/field side) to the train yard area. I was coming from the opposite direction (Black Knight/road area) and ducked out of sight. One of them for some reason came back toward my direction and soon as he got close enough, popped around the corner and gave him like 10 BS rounds right to the chest/face. Dude stood no chance especially being out in the open. Best part is there was like 3 mins left so his bro had to abandon him to make it to the weewoo bunker extract in time. Waited til like 1 min left, snagged all his shit and hit the underground extract.

Break

Definitely, and I hated reserve at first but I started learning/playing it with Scav mostly and you're right, so many BS rounds all over the place and it's so easy to get a 74 variant. What I really liked doing early this wipe was finding an AK74M + BS/7N39 if possible and then starting at that little tower next to train station and see if I can pick anyone off. Then work my way around the train station and kill scavs, boss, raiders and players. It was fairly challenging but with everyone so scared of that area late map due to raiders and the boss, it's a great place to hunt at.

My favorite reserve moment this wipe has to be when I spawned as a scav with a obrez short mosin, not sure if I had the actual sight barrel or not, but almost immediately someone from the dome started shooting at me and missing. I fired 2 shots from down below at the tanks, not sure the range but it's gotta be 100 meters and I had no prayer of hitting, but hit I did because I saw blood and their shots stopped. I ran up there and found the guy, dead from a head wound, who has to have been the single most juiced/heavy player I've ever seen. He was going to extract at the rope/pick spot but decided to just get a few more kills. 2 crazy m4's, best in slot almost everything, biggest bag full of juicy hideout / trade items, etc.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For me scav runs are the most fun. Last wipe I spawned as a scav on interchange with a shitty 10 round mag of 5.45 T ammo and I dropped 2 chad's with a single mag, ended up waddling out with something like 2 million rubles of their stuff and had to leave a bunch more behind. There's just something really fun about the early wipes and then later on in the wipes I'd rather just spawn in with random crap to do some honest scaving for a better gun and see what kind of players or bosses I can take out.
Scum

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Since I am new, it is probably true that I am really bad at this game, but I am constantly one-shotted by campers. Never hear or see the fuckers.

Break

"The corner is golden, the edge is silver and the center is a public garden."

Tarkov, even more so than BR games, reward movement strategies more than pure combat ability. Many dead PMC feed the flowers in the 'public garden', usually killed by those in the corners and edges.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The game has changed quite a bit, in the past it was correct to be the 'active' one and push, but the overall skill level of the players has increased to the point where i think a much slower paced play is better.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The game has changed quite a bit, in the past it was correct to be the 'active' one and push, but the overall skill level of the players has increased to the point where i think a much slower paced play is better.
Also I think the enhanced size of many maps means far more corners to players ratio. So movers have a harder time checking every possible corner for a camper in a random place. Pair that with how dirty the new prone lean/rollover is. And it's a rat paradise.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Just lead every corner with a hot load from your GL-40 donger. Rat-be-gone.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'm very huge on headphones at all times, minus the shitty wrestling looking crackily headphones.. They've saved me so many times from rats or would be rats due to them making a step, a turn, or moving into each other sound radius.

Other than that, the a-typical "the timing" moment has been stretched pretty long in this game compared to other fps's. I usually give myself 3-5 minutes before I make a move, versus 3-5 seconds before making the turn away/unscope scenario. Something I haven't done, but has helped my friend tremendously is loading in offline and running to every spawn point. It's pretty advantageous to know the spawns that are closest to you because you can cut them off, or know where they'll be running into you at.

Then again, i'm usually the guy catching people going to hotspots, or leaving hotspots.. and am terrible at fighting in dorms/resort/ect.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Altyn is quite good once you know the map(s) you're running, but otherwise yea headphones are not optional.

Offlines are pretty good if you're really new and just need to learn geography for sure. At the very least you need to know what your exits are and how to get to them in a reasonable fashion if you want to have any hope of extracting more than ~15%.

I'm mostly taking a break for now though unfortunately. The hacker/china situation has reached critical levels in the last like 10 days or so and labs is quite literally unplayable right now, which at this point in the wipe cycle is about all I'm interested in anymore.