Escape from Tarkov

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Chads will always be chads, just as meta loadout will be meta loadouts for the most part.. I think the biggest interest in the idea and I agree with Pest.. is it kind of forces people to also play the game. Chads will spend more time having to either go find said gear, or hoarding it.. instead of just buying it off the dime of their success.. and in the case of that, they also can work/buy toward the trade-ins.. which due to the lack of Flea purchase, it leads to the potential of the trade-ins also being tapped. Infinitely easier values to adjust than a massive of influx of both timmies and chads throwing slicks for a quarter mil for a quick buck.

I'm not sure if you experienced the tetris business in tarkov this last wipe.. but probably one of the easiest "high ticket" items to find as a scav. Their value is greatly reduced due to the trade-in for BTC.. iirc 2xTetris and 4xG.Bats.. a single tetris still sold for about 80k still but yeah.. it was damn near impossible to get the trade-in for a btc.

Also having to partake in crafting and trade-in for ammo. I play with some people who don't even have a single piece of their hideout done and are in the lv50s.. they've purely made it by via flea market buying guns, ammo, and armor. They have higher money fluctuations, but they've managed to rock way more than what should be possible haha.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Can't get in because I can't get my authorization email because BattleState can't currently send emails through Yahoo or AOL emails. Feels bad, man.

And if ONE of you boomer fuckdicks says something about "YAHOO EMAIL? LOL" eat a dick, if you haven't had a secondary email for 10 years for these games to shit spam you haven't been gaming.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Can't get in because I can't get my authorization email because BattleState can't currently send emails through Yahoo or AOL emails. Feels bad, man.

And if ONE of you boomer fuckdicks says something about "YAHOO EMAIL? LOL" eat a dick, if you haven't had a secondary email for 10 years for these games to shit spam you haven't been gaming.
AOL EMAIL??! LOL.

YOU DON'T HAVE MAIL!

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
1640303205645.png

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, holy shit.. rushing your hideout/rep is gonna be the strategy for 12.12; the list of items not available on flea is a huge gamechanger.. and watching the stream; overheating looks so sexy.
They've been adding so many new mechanics I wonder if anyone even asks if it's fun anymore. It's like they want to make sure everyone only moves at most 50 feet before they have to address something like water, food, temperature, fatigue, radiation, footwear condition, ticks, blood glucose, on and on it goes with them adding things. Pretty sure they'll add some mechanic where the contents of your backpack will get mixed up over time so if you sprint too long you'll have to re-inspect your own bag to find where everything is now.

• 2Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard

Pretty great. VOIP adds a new layer for sure. I'm not sure if I like it or not, having a scav not kill you b/c you negotiate when you're loaded/hurt/pinned is good, but going crazy vs everyone on interchange as Scav was peak Tarkov for me personally. Trying to take out PMCS or Scavs with your shitty 300 rounds of PPsh ammo felt fun. Now it's just looting parties running around with paranoia of being betrayed at the back of everyone's mind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
They've been adding so many new mechanics I wonder if anyone even asks if it's fun anymore. It's like they want to make sure everyone only moves at most 50 feet before they have to address something like water, food, temperature, fatigue, radiation, footwear condition, ticks, blood glucose, on and on it goes with them adding things. Pretty sure they'll add some mechanic where the contents of your backpack will get mixed up over time so if you sprint too long you'll have to re-inspect your own bag to find where everything is now.

Lol.. Overheating was specific to gun's now have an overheat, which makes your muzzle red and visible heatwaves; they've mentioned things like durability to parts but who knows. I was told that it can also cause misfires but with low dura?? I think people are pushing out vids to explore what happens with all the new malfunctions.

Also, honestly not that hard to manage energy/hydration.. 2? wipes ago they added where it can be applied via your hideout/stash, so you don't have to manage food to bring into raid just to eat it. But really just slam all the foods in raid for maximum metabolism gain. Only time I ever find myself struggling with any of that is when i'm trying to do an around the world and complete like 3-4 tasks in a single go.. and I try my best to not do any sort of painkillers, which tanks your eng/hyd... if you're an ibprof runner, just carry an aquamari in the butt.

I think the only thing they've entertained regarding future additions is a unconscious state, which could be cool but I don't see how that'd work. Essentially, hitting someone in the head wearing a helmet could knock them out instead of killing.. you could possibly go up and loot them, and have them wake up in the raid w/o their shit. No idea, only thing I am waiting for is infil/exfil.. The Cycle killed it, and its a ton of fun.

going crazy vs everyone on interchange as Scav was peak Tarkov for me personally. Trying to take out PMCS or Scavs with your shitty 300 rounds of PPsh ammo felt fun. Now it's just looting parties running around with paranoia of being betrayed at the back of everyone's mind.
Be the change you want to see, go out and kill shit on your scav. I have a friend that does it regularly. He doesn't really use his scav as a form of free money, but as a form of deathmatch. Go betray PMC's, its hilarious to gain their trust and steal their gear. If i'm not looking for hideout shit, I usually run into customs scav and run to any source of gunfire.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Was watching Pestily as they activated air drops in game? Was pretty cool having a cargo plane (c17ish) drop off a box of gear..

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea true to BSG fashion was not mentioned anywhere, but it's definitely happening. Seen them myself on woods and reserve so far.

Sludig

That same pest stream the common scavs were going full rogue npc murder mode. Wonder a bug or odd fluke.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Yea true to BSG fashion was not mentioned anywhere, but it's definitely happening. Seen them myself on woods and reserve so far.
Their Christmas stream a couple days ago was suppose to have a big surprise but Nikita was saying they were having technical difficulties.. they did a few actual live raids and I think they were trying to show it off. Everyone was partying and such, so I guess the theory it was a botched launch to only release like 2 days later.

They also posted,

Which i'm guessing will be some sort of explanation of planes flying over. Bakeezy will translate at some point lol.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
120k Queue to get in, about 90 minutes. That's pretty fucked.

At the point where nothing matters but ammo. The M80 boys and the AP vectorerers are out in force. My shitty Nato rounds ain't quite cutting it. Starting to get to the point where I'll lose most fights because of armor/ammo discrepancies, but everyone you win and get a thicc boi down feels good. Been doing dorm marked room runs so definitely run into some heavy hitters there.

The Santa shit was poorly thought out. He doesn't make ANY noise so you don't think he's a scav. Shows up in the WORST fucking places like running up/down dorm stairs with a SHOTGUN with a FLASHLIGHT on. Yeah, that's a KoS situation. We saw him sprinting to the marked room as we entered 3rd floor too, then he sprinted to the open roof. Shit like that ain't scav AI so it's easy blasting. Then you see the bag on his dead body and "OOPS! I'm not scavving for another 50 minutes!" They definitely need to figure out how to do a reputation fix for people like my teammate who's now killed Santa 4 times, twice completely accidentally. I don't think 400 scav extracts to fix it is exactly the best fix, especially with a 45+ minute timer for each one.

• 2Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Best part is there was still some back end errors with the que going. Need to learn not to make such super massive twitch events.

Veritas mod banned me while I was bitching about russians getting sone crazy good ideas but throughout history fucking the implementation. No matter how much money and time they can't nail down basic infrastructure of the game.

Course on the flipside American triple AAA takes mega resources and churns out regressive retarded dog shit.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Lol it helped a lot yesterday.. but uhh, today even with queue.. the problems were still the same problems. In the raids, its been fine.. but inventory/trader/flea has been rough. I had an inventory split a couple days ago. I usually keep items on my pmc when I do scavs, but I offloaded and put gear on to do a PMC.. I died in raid, come to my inventory.. my inventory was reset before I sold a bunch of shit and my pmc was naked. I think I lost 2 guns, a backpack stack with some guns, and a tv110 with some SCAR mags.

Pest also lost a docs/sicc full of customs key and lighthouse.

1641170321031.png

At the point where nothing matters but ammo. The M80 boys and the AP vectorerers are out in force. My shitty Nato rounds ain't quite cutting it. Starting to get to the point where I'll lose most fights because of armor/ammo discrepancies, but everyone you win and get a thicc boi down feels good. Been doing dorm marked room runs so definitely run into some heavy hitters there.
.366 AP has been a huge breadwinner for me so far, workbench 2 craft but I think like mechanic 3 purchase. I don't know what it is, but the ballistic changes?? and the recoil nerfs?? .366 just be feelin right. VPO-209 is pretty cheap. Oh, and the UMP is pretty broken.

Sludig

Lol had wide try to log me in and just now so that's over an hour of bad gateway even trying to load launcher

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure servers are down, pretty much every streamer is either playing etf wtf or playing a diff game for the time being.

edit; backup now, no queue.. servers prob still doodoo

Last edited: