Escape from Tarkov

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Heh nice haul man.

I was not happy with my Vepr with the TKM .366 ammo. Maybe it was my shooting, maybe it's a piece of shit.

Could have been your shooting, but that vepr is garbage. The 7.62 vepr is a much better weapon. Its only single shot but even with PS 7.62 ammo its good damage.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Vepr TKM .366 confirmed garbage.

Had much better results with 12g Saiga and MP153 running live in Woods, killed a few scavs at night, got loot, got gear fear for my now full backpack and went on my way to extract. Got careless, too close to road, "cheeki breeki" *bang* headshot. Not even mad though, my own fault.

Just like the other run I did, scav in interchange, where I spawned in at 25 minutes left. Ran around a bit, found some pieces of loot, then on my way to SE extract stumbled across a corpse. Hey, more loot, nice. Looted in no haste because 5 minutes is plenty from there to exit. Turn around to look for more corpses, player scav kneeling there looking at me. *bang* headshot.

And that brings me to my point, players. I still lose to other players 99% of the time. But hey it's ok, someone has to feed them gear.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Vepr TKM .366 confirmed garbage.

Had much better results with 12g Saiga and MP153 running live in Woods, killed a few scavs at night, got loot, got gear fear for my now full backpack and went on my way to extract. Got careless, too close to road, "cheeki breeki" *bang* headshot. Not even mad though, my own fault.

Just like the other run I did, scav in interchange, where I spawned in at 25 minutes left. Ran around a bit, found some pieces of loot, then on my way to SE extract stumbled across a corpse. Hey, more loot, nice. Looted in no haste because 5 minutes is plenty from there to exit. Turn around to look for more corpses, player scav kneeling there looking at me. *bang* headshot.

And that brings me to my point, players. I still lose to other players 99% of the time. But hey it's ok, someone has to feed them gear.

Practice... it comes down to practice. Learning maps, learning where the points are that players are more likely to be.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Practice... it comes down to practice. Learning maps, learning where the points are that players are more likely to be.
You mean like the extract points right. Fucking fuck getting to exfil on a scav run with as much loot as I can carry, getting shot by another scav while the countdown is running. Full auto to the face. By a scav too. On Interchange. Wonder how he intended to get the loot, as I was lying dead in the exfil zone ...

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
No I mean... on all of the maps there are areas of the map where you can expect to see players more often then others. On Customs thats Construction and Dorms. On Shoreline its the resort. On interchanges its any of the 3 big stores and the Kiba Arms area. Woods is probably the sawmill but I dont know that map that well as I hate it.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Ya I know I was being a bitch because fuck exit campers. I only lost 15 minutes of time but I wanted to punch the guy right then.

Woods... I mainly did night runs where possible for the 15 scav kills recently. Still never done Factory. Shoreline like twice but I stay away from hotspots. Customs for the gold watch quest and then only Interchange scaving it up.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I think I will be waiting for .9 to drop before I play again.

I am not even sure i will be playing after that. Today was just one train after another of about every other map I spawn into getting dropped by some hacker or another. The complete lack of real anti-cheat in this game is killing it. Hacking is rampant. Its fucking terrible.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
The hacking bullshit i can deal with it's the desync stuff that fucks with me. I get the same shit in pubg now, you can't hold an angle to save your life. It's either peek or be peeked. I'm praying they work out the netcode as I think tarkov has the most promise of any FPS recently.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I agree.. this game is amazing when there isn't hacking. I can live with the lag but the hacking just makes it unplayable. This wipe has been terrible. Starting with all the glitching and duping and now hacking is just back full time.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I haven't run into hackers I think, or I just was too stupid to notice. EU servers.

Random stutters when stuff is loading in though, that shit needs to stop.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
.9 dropped having a blast again.

I tired to play three times and shortly into a raid it just crashes to desktop.....super disappointed. Had no crashing issues with 7.x or 8.x

Last edited:

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The quests are getting a bit long in the tooth for me as this is my third time through them. That said I am pleased that hackers are actively getting banned with the new anti cheat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I am really tempted to get into this. Hows is the learning curve on this game?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I am really tempted to get into this. Hows is the learning curve on this game?

High and a bit unforgiving due to the nature of the game. I would recommend finding a streamer or two you can tolerate and watch them play for a while. This game isn't everyone's cup of tea. Then if you decide you want to try it get the base version of the game not one of the others and play it.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finished gold watch finally, started doing axe runs since I was getting worked over every decent geared run by assholes in fort armor etc.

Found it much easier with the key from scav run. Then nigh time though I think I would have gotten it day in a few more lucky tries, mainly getting boned on extract locations. In any case, my winning run I took a makarov just in case, as one hangup had been scavs. One magazine, and I managed to play peekabo at the gas tanker, and take out the 3 scavs, geared up a bit. Shit my pants when rarer roof scav lit me up and took him out. Then escaped with some random other nice things I wasn't expecting.

Moved on to forest after 2 weeks of Customs hell...... holy fuck so much better, first scav run, I mow down one player scav coming at me thru tree's at south gate/lumberyard. Loot a bunch of shit that was untouched there, then get to east gate and escape with quite a bit of stuff.

If this trend continues, I think I'd say one major mistake of this game was starting the noob quests on such a annoying map. So much hangups with terrain/barbed wire, close range ambushes, and my big gripe, so many decent sizes regions that kinda are dead ends really funneling you into certain transitional spaces.

Maybe I'll get some great live runs on forest and start bringing in 100k hauls, but otherwise, the 1 million $ for level 2 on trader reps seems steep. A lot of stuff much slower than progression vids on youtube made it sound like. Right now other main confusion is which ammo's are better between so many different calibers, and wishing for a bit better trader organization when I'm hunting hoping for bits and pieces that will fit my SKSOP and AK 107.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Customs is a good map once you learn it other than it being 1 straight line.

There is an ammo chart updated by the devs when they make changes if you just google it. You want the one for .9 patch.

For 7.62 AK ammo there is only 2 choices that dont completely suck is PS and BP. PS is the only ammo you can buy till much higher level.
For 5.45 AK ammo PS is the best after you unlock it with a quest(its fairly early in Prapor's quest line). As soon as you hit level 2 for Prapor BP and PP become available. Both are viable and infinitely better than any other choice you have. The best ammo is BS but that is level 4 prapor.
5.56 isn't really viable until you can buy M995 from level 4 peacekeeper.
9 mm isn't really viable unless you are godly with headshots and they aren't running a helmet with a face shield/mask.

As for trader levels you get credit towards the money requirement for buying AND selling to him. So it levels way faster than it may seem. One thing you can do is take the guns apart that you are going to sell and sell the individual pieces to Skier and Prapor. Sell what you can to Skier and then the rest to Prapor and you get a bit more money from the gun that way(I dont remember if this is true or not) and you level those 2 up kind of at the same time. While doing that work on Therapist for better med options. And then to make the final push to a trader level find something to buy from him and then sell them back to him(you will lose about half of your money doing this but its not hard to make money).