Escape from Tarkov

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Anyone playing still?

Heard they added a fair amount of stuff and just did a wipe, so I jumped back into it.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I still play... and fuck what they did to the quests. They talk about wanting a 'player driven economy' and then make it so all the stuff you need for quests can only be found in raids to qualify for the quest.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I haven't noticed that so far, but I've only done a handful of quests so far.

All I know is the wall hackers are annoying in this game.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I am still "playing" though this wipe I've only done one raid so far, and puttered around offline since, trying to get used to my guns.
Running with a clan sort of that has an open discord. Friendly people, very organized, playing way above my level but will take noobs. Just right for me.

Haven't encountered hackers, usually I play pretty bad. I hear that US servers on weekends are really bad though.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The place I encounter hackers the most is Labs. They moved from nighttime factory last wipe to Labs this wipe.

Most people think hackers are more prevalent this wipe because they are selling rubles for real money.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Battleeye patch coming for this "soon", so may be time to pick it back up. I'm sure there will be another wipe soon after.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I won't play again until .12. And given the changes in that on top of Battleeye it might be a good idea to steer clear for 2 weeks+ till they fix all the bugs that are inherent with an engine change/upgrade.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I only just started again and forgot how brutal the early game can be with no skills/economy. Just dying to scavs left and right still.

I can't actually get any of my RL crew to play this though, they all just rage stroke out after a dozen raids.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I've been playing PS4 stuff for the last few months so I'm waiting until 0.12 hits.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Pre-wipe event is live with raiders on spawning on every map, so .12 is probably next week-ish?

Factory is a fucking holocaust with all the raiders lol.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Pre-wipe event is live with raiders on spawning on every map, so .12 is probably next week-ish?

Factory is a fucking holocaust with all the raiders lol.

I wish they would just make all scavs raiders... would increase the challenge and cut down on the hatchling/pistolbackpack meta going on where people just farm rather than play the game.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Military Base map trailer for .12:

Map looks pretty cool, supposed to be biggest one yet. If they fixed the stutters this game could take off big time.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The map and weapon presets are the 2 things that has me most excited. As for the stutters... yeah they didn't fix them. I guarantee they got worse for the first month of the wipe due to the engine upgrade.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
.12 is out. In game it's wonderful, no more stutters for me, better in every way I'd say. Getting into a game is another matter though, their servers are overloaded to say the least.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's better today, but matchmaking for customs is still kinda fucked.

They made lab keycards therapist level 4 and cost 200k, but the damage is already done. It's like old MMO expansions all over again, exploit early exploit often!

Thankfully not THAT many people were able to get a lab farm train rolling so you've still got a solid week or so of low gear fights before everyone is in gen4 again.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Scav AI is broken again, killed a player scav that attacked me while I was a scav with no one around. Ran into npc scavs and they shot me on sight.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Scav AI is broken again, killed a player scav that attacked me while I was a scav with no one around. Ran into npc scavs and they shot me on sight.

I haven't had that problem and in fact I have heard that defending yourself against a player scav won't get you in trouble with the scav population at large.

Now ScavAI is greatly improved and comes looking for the gun shots they heard in packs. So if you kill an AI be ready to fight a ton cause they are coming. Or get the hell out of there.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Man I need to fire this up again. Haven't really played since a short bit after .11 launched. Are weapon presets a thing? Less stutters you say?