ESPN Layoffs

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
To be fair, Fox News has an AMAZING ability to find some of the most boner-worthy women ever. I don't know what factory they develop these women in but the scientists are amazing.
They Sing the Body Electric.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Its almost as if in an era when anyone can get scores near instantly on their phones, and most sports have their own networks, the only people that add any value at ESPN are talking heads making inflammatory/moronic statements that draw ratings. Weird.

Or in other words, cable sports are now radio Shock Jocks. I just wish everyone wasn't trying to make their websites crappier every day.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be fair, Fox News has an AMAZING ability to find some of the most boner-worthy women ever. I don't know what factory they develop these women in but the scientists are amazing.

Yeah it's super hard to find attractive blonde women to read the news.

kudos

<Banned>
Yeah it's super hard to find attractive blonde women to read the news.

I always hear this but Fox News has some smoking hot brunettes (latina) and black women, too. Sure they may or may not sexually harass these women, but they do have a wide selection to choose from.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope Bill Simmons and The Ringer have the means to pick up some of the folks that got canned. I feel bad for a lot of them. They let some serious talent go.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He fired like 1000 people over the past 5 years and ESPN has been in a nose dive with people cutting their cable.

Maybe substance addiction the real and only story here, but it seems unlikely.

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
He fired like 1000 people over the past 5 years and ESPN has been in a nose dive with people cutting their cable.

Maybe substance addiction the real and only story here, but it seems unlikely.

Yep. People cutting cable was because services didn't meet value. ESPN was a huge part of that but instead of focusing on what worked for decades, they decided to double down. He was the leader for that push and i'm glad he's out. I hope they continue to rupture.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
I don't understand, it's almost like people don't want to be brow-beaten with SJW liberal trash when they just want to relax and watch sports when they get home from work...

espn0.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep. People cutting cable was because services didn't meet value. ESPN was a huge part of that but instead of focusing on what worked for decades, they decided to double down. He was the leader for that push and i'm glad he's out. I hope they continue to rupture.

Problem is, the guys above him agreed with his approach 100%. Bob Iger isn't going anywhere.

So unless this "resignation" is the opening salvo in their transformation, expect more of the same.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you are in the cable TV, I would start looking for a new career now. What the internet and streaming services are doing to cable is basically what cell phones did to landlines 15 years ago. It is a dying industry and the up & coming generations are saying, "thanks, but no thanks."