Eternals (2021)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
My first thought is... This will be shitty. And then I remember how many people said that about Guardians when they announced it. Fuck it, they have my trust until they blow it. Black Panther was a gimme. Wakanda Forever.
Main difference is most of us liked Gunn and knew the kind of work he did. The director for Externals is a wild-card. I hope it is good, mainly cuz I am a fan of some of the characters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
this is where they blew it.
Avengers-Endgame-TV-Spot-Prestige-002.jpg

You know, I thought that was cool. If there are generations of young girls who saw that one scene and it made them go, "Fuck yeah!" then I think they're entitled to it. I mean, the rest of the movie is guys smashing face.

Szlia

From the director, Chloé Zhao, I have seen The Rider and I would highly recommend it (it's the raw portrait of an injured rodeo rider). Her other two movies, Songs My Brothers Taught Me and Nomadland are suposedly very good too. Obviously that's no indication as to what will happen when she directs a comic book movie, but she has a good track record !

• 1Direct to DVD

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Its sad cause in Infinity War they did a girl power scene that was really great with Okoye, Black Widow and Scarlet Witch.View attachment 330199
and nobody ever criticizes that scene because its badass and totally organic with the flow of the film. the shit they pulled in endgame was the direct opposite of it. those chicks never met before and they were doing different things, but they just drop everything to do a fucking glamour shot. GTFO of here with that shit. thats on level of Luke drinking alien cow titmilk.

• 8Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
and nobody ever criticizes that scene because its badass and totally organic with the flow of the film. the shit they pulled in endgame was the direct opposite of it. those chicks never met before and they were doing different things, but they just drop everything to do a fucking glamour shot. GTFO of here with that shit. thats on level of Luke drinking alien cow titmilk.

I wonder if that scene is why they added more to the Endgame one, just having to up it. But there was a way less hammy way to do it that works in the same way the Infinity War one did, I think.

Cause Valkyrie finding the Dora Milaje to clear a path makes sense, they were probably the best soldiers on the ground. Captain Marvel spotting the lady riding a literal pegasus to follow makes sense, thats gotta stand out. Scarlet Witch, Rescue and Wasp all fly and fire projectiles, have them flank Captain marvel, sure, cause the living comet following a group of women being lead by a pegasus rider is a pretty easy thing to catch on to.

Mantis is really where it loses everything. She just kinda wanders in and really doesn't have the "tip of the spear" move set, unlike everyone else that are either fliers or among the best fighters of their respective civilizations.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I wonder if that scene is why they added more to the Endgame one, just having to up it. But there was a way less hammy way to do it that works in the same way the Infinity War one did, I think.

Cause Valkyrie finding the Dora Milaje to clear a path makes sense, they were probably the best soldiers on the ground. Captain Marvel spotting the lady riding a literal pegasus to follow makes sense, thats gotta stand out. Scarlet Witch, Rescue and Wasp all fly and fire projectiles, have them flank Captain marvel, sure, cause the living comet following a group of women being lead by a pegasus rider is a pretty easy thing to catch on to.

Mantis is really where it loses everything. She just kinda wanders in and really doesn't have the "tip of the spear" move set, unlike everyone else that are either fliers or among the best fighters of their respective civilizations.
showing a scene where its mostly women kicking ass in different shots in different areas is fine. but the whole stopping what they're doing to pose together to represent Team Vagina irks me to no end.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The problem with Mantis is she hasn't really been shown as more than her empath abilities. She is supposed to be a top tier Martial Artist as well as almost as agile as Spidey. She also has a healing factor.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
The problem with Mantis is she hasn't really been shown as more than her empath abilities. She is supposed to be a top tier Martial Artist as well as almost as agile as Spidey. She also has a healing factor.

and sweet sweet titties

• 1Worf

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
showing a scene where its mostly women kicking ass in different shots in different areas is fine. but the whole stopping what they're doing to pose together to represent Team Vagina irks me to no end.
Totally agree. Whats dumb is they already had a good way to do it -- remember the scene in the opening of Avengers 2? As the fight was happening and the Avengers were converging on the compound, the camera pans around so that for a moment they're all lined up. It goes into slow motion for a few seconds. Then it goes back to normal.

If they'd done something like that for the girl power moment I doubt anyone would have complained. But like always, SJW demands that it gets right the fuck in your face, it cant just make its point with grace or subtlety. Because the whole point is demanding and enforcing compliance.

• 2Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Totally agree. Whats dumb is they already had a good way to do it -- remember the scene in the opening of Avengers 2? As the fight was happening and the Avengers were converging on the compound, the camera pans around so that for a moment they're all lined up. It goes into slow motion for a few seconds. Then it goes back to normal.

If they'd done something like that for the girl power moment I doubt anyone would have complained. But like always, SJW demands that it gets right the fuck in your face, it cant just make its point with grace or subtlety. Because the whole point is demanding and enforcing compliance.
they also had this moment which is a hundred times better because its everyone. nobody is left out.
8854ab42cac66ef50e486dc09eb7538e.gif

so many people on here and other message boards knock Endgame down a notch because of that Team Vagina scene. so much so that i bet it was added later and the Russo brothers were forced to do it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They neutered the Hulk, not just Banner's side the entire character. No one is going to let the small stuff slide after that.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They neutered the Hulk, not just Banner's side the entire character. No one is going to let the small stuff slide after that.
they had to in some regard because he is so OP. he gets bigger and more powerful the angrier he gets. he is basically an unstoppable force of nature. but yeah they totally turned him into a faggot pussy by the end. they might as well kill him off at this point because they ruined him.

Fadaar

That guy
During the two IW movies Hulk was essentially useless. He was able to survive his snap? Big whoop, even if he died off or another character sacrificed themselves like Stark did his presence, or lack thereof, would have changed nothing. Banner has been far more useful a character than the Hulk himself in the grand scheme of things.

• 1Like

fris

Vyemm Raider
Cap tightening his shield around his busted arm, ready to go 1on1 vs Thanos one last time, knowing he can't win but does so because it's the right thing to do is peak marvel in my mind. I don't know how they ever build up to that again.

I'm ok with a bunch of semi disconnected movies that involve super heroes though. As long as they don't force SJW or poor writing, I'll keep watching

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Cap tightening his shield around his busted arm, ready to go 1on1 vs Thanos one last time, knowing he can't win but does so because it's the right thing to do is peak marvel in my mind. I don't know how they ever build up to that again.

I'm ok with a bunch of semi disconnected movies that involve super heroes though. As long as they don't force SJW or poor writing, I'll keep watching

Although Stark's death over shadowed it, Cap really had the better sendoff. With the Thor sequence and that lead up into the "Avengers Assemble" moment. He also gets the kinda classic good guy send off with him getting Peggy and living out the rest of his life.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Extend that scene back to when Cap picks up the hammer, and it's the best shit ever man. Fuck its amazing.

• 1Like