Eternals (2021)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cap tightening his shield around his busted arm, ready to go 1on1 vs Thanos one last time, knowing he can't win but does so because it's the right thing to do is peak marvel in my mind. I don't know how they ever build up to that again.

I'm ok with a bunch of semi disconnected movies that involve super heroes though. As long as they don't force SJW or poor writing, I'll keep watching
I assume it's at least a partial callback to the comics when Cap stands tall against an infinity gauntleted Thanos.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
To teenage boys buying comics in the 90s, yes. They're wanting to make buck off a larger audience now.

You mean the teenage boys who made two Avengers movies top 5 grossing movies of all time(and 4 in the top 11) or the teenage boys who make Star Wars TFA a top 5 grossing movie of all time? I'd try and find Ghostbusters girl power in that list but it's not on there. Maybe stick to your audience and make some money?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
Although Stark's death over shadowed it, Cap really had the better sendoff. With the Thor sequence and that lead up into the "Avengers Assemble" moment. He also gets the kinda classic good guy send off with him getting Peggy and living out the rest of his life.

Getting to stick his dick in Hayley Atwell wins over anything else

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You mean the teenage boys who made two Avengers movies top 5 grossing movies of all time(and 4 in the top 11) or the teenage boys who make Star Wars TFA a top 5 grossing movie of all time? I'd try and find Ghostbusters girl power in that list but it's not on there. Maybe stick to your audience and make some money?

I'm not disputing that at all. It would seem they're trying to tick every diversity box and cover every potential customer they can though.

Even if when they do it overly hard it fails big time as can be seen from the likes of Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
they also had this moment which is a hundred times better because its everyone. nobody is left out.
8854ab42cac66ef50e486dc09eb7538e.gif

so many people on here and other message boards knock Endgame down a notch because of that Team Vagina scene. so much so that i bet it was added later and the Russo brothers were forced to do it.
So uh what is Spiderman grabbing onto to pull himself through the air like that? Doesnt look likes hes grabbing onto someone flying.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'm not disputing that at all. It would seem they're trying to tick every diversity box and cover every potential customer they can though.

Even if when they do it overly hard it fails big time as can be seen from the likes of Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman.
I can't wait for the Thor reboot where a tranny uses Mjolnir as a dilator.

• 1Barf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm not enough of a comic nerd to have any idea what this has to do with Marvel.

So they've existed for thousands of years but just ignored WW2? And Thanos?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not enough of a comic nerd to have any idea what this has to do with Marvel.

I've heard that there will be an explanation as to why they weren't around for Thanos in the movie. No idea if it will be a good explanation.

That being said, I definitely never cared about the Eternals, and still don't with Angelina Jolie likely sucking most of the attention of the movie to her. I'd imagine it is difficult to cast a star like her and only making her another part of the ensemble. Then again, maybe she wanted that so she could pretend to look after all her kids.

I'm sort of excited to see actual Celestials, but I'm not going to hold my breath for it to be great.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

IIRC they lived on the moon.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
IIRC they lived on the moon.
Not to comic nerd you, but that's the Inhumans. The Eternals live on Titan. Not the moon of Saturn, but the one Thanos came from and they fought on in Infinity War where Dr. Strange gives up the time stone.

EDIT: Well, obviously not anymore. I think they end up living on Earth without their memories after most of Titan is destroyed? That's what I've heard about the movie anyway, who knows?

• 1Like