Eternals (2021)

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Not to comic nerd you, but that's the Inhumans. The Eternals live on Titan. Not the moon of Saturn, but the one Thanos came from and they fought on in Infinity War where Dr. Strange gives up the time stone.

EDIT: Well, obviously not anymore. I think they end up living on Earth without their memories after most of Titan is destroyed? That's what I've heard about the movie anyway, who knows?
So these guys are gods then? The Eternals are like Kurt Russell/Ego from GOTG2?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, it could not be any worse than the inhumans. It could not possibly be any worse than that show was. I will watch a few episodes and see how well it hooks me. I never got into that comic book story so I am curious as to what they actually do. The preview suggests they guide humanity in a way that brings out the potential of man to be better. Now lets see what the series actually says.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
It could not possibly be any worse than
High School No GIF

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, I will bite.

When it comes to having a Marvel name attached to it, name me anything produced, recent Marvel(15 years), that was worse than "Inhumans". Captain Marvel was better. Iron Fist was better. There is no way The Eternals could be worse. I just cannot believe that.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
So these guys are gods then? The Eternals are like Kurt Russell/Ego from GOTG2?
I believe Ego was a Celestial, who are the race that created the Eternals.

Eternals and their counterparts, the Deviants, were both offshoots of proto-humans created by celestials. They are basically one rung below Thor in power level, as far as I know. Near gods, but not quite.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
wow this looks like shit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Seems kind of strange how many people seem to give a shit that the silicon valley dude probably juiced up to get shredded for this. I really don't see why anyone would care.

spronk

FPS noob
Seems kind of strange how many people seem to give a shit that the silicon valley dude probably juiced up to get shredded for this. I really don't see why anyone would care.

if you pretend to give a shit about brown and black people on the internet you get a free ice cream every sunday at baskin robbins

also when the mob comes to kill all white people you can show them your tweets

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well, it could not be any worse than the inhumans. It could not possibly be any worse than that show was. I will watch a few episodes and see how well it hooks me. I never got into that comic book story so I am curious as to what they actually do. The preview suggests they guide humanity in a way that brings out the potential of man to be better. Now lets see what the series actually says.
Hate to break it to you, but it is a movie, not a series.

You are right though, I doubt it can be anywhere near as bad as The Inhumans. That was one of the worst shows ever. I never actually finished it, and that was at the height of my Marvel fanbois-ism. Only reason I watched as long as I did was because I find this chick more attractive than she probably warrants (not that she's ugly). Maybe I was just looking for something to keep me watching.
112751[1].jpg

• 1Cringe
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I believe Ego was a Celestial, who are the race that created the Eternals.

Eternals and their counterparts, the Deviants, were both offshoots of proto-humans created by celestials. They are basically one rung below Thor in power level, as far as I know. Near gods, but not quite.
they said this is a Celestial too in GotG.
knowhere-101251.jpg

and Eson the Searcher
iu

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
For those who want a bit more of an explainer.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I know I'm old, but I have never heard of The Eternals. This looks boring. Them casting Angelina Jolie, is she a good choice in any Marvel movie?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
She's not a particularly good actress. She only really had a career because of her family name and she was attractive when she was young. Not sure what she brings to the table now.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I know I'm old, but I have never heard of The Eternals. This looks boring. Them casting Angelina Jolie, is she a good choice in any Marvel movie?
Eternals started out as a Jack Kirby comic back in the 70s. They're pretty D list like Guardians was though, for sure. Jolie is good in some stuff, but she definitely mails it in pretty often so who knows.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
She's not a particularly good actress. She only really had a career because of her family name and she was attractive when she was young. Not sure what she brings to the table now.

She gets a pass to do whatever she wants after getting me through my formative teenage years

094d57400b28c3a461577ae86d9542e7.png

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 7 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Thanos is an Eternal, sort of, and so they may not have done anything due to some sort of Prime Directive. They are the Marvel version of the New Gods but with even less direct involvement in the affairs of lesser beings.

It will be interesting to see what exactly gets them to become activated. In the comics it was associated with the evolution and judgement of humanity and you can see how something like a Dr Doom or whatever would not concern them, but half the people in the universe getting snapped should have been the sort of thing that would trigger them.