Eternals (2021)

spronk

FPS noob
movie is out in 2 weeks, review embargo is up.

1635102719500.png

1635102749122.png

61/100 on metacritic from 18 reviews, considering its gonna get an automatic 20 point bump cuz its a female asian director and has a diverse cast, man its gotta be a real piece of shit

guess another movie not to bother going out to theaters to see, the only 2 movies i might end up seeing in theaters in 2021 are Fast and Furious 9 and Spider-man 3 lol

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Saw the trailer for this before Dune, and it's the first time I (a lifelong comic nerd) have not cared even a single tiniest of bits about a Marvel film. Somewhere someone has to getting an award for managing to slaughter such a golden goose.

Rude

Potato del Grande
Saw the trailer for this before Dune, and it's the first time I (a lifelong comic nerd) have not cared even a single tiniest of bits about a Marvel film. Somewhere someone has to getting an award for managing to slaughter such a golden goose.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Reviews are so bad on this. Glad to see critics aren’t just ass kissing because it’s Marvel.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Critic reviews are meaningless. Score could be low because it wasn't woke enough or they had the audacity to have a white male save the day

• 2Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
the wokeness is all they are being praised for. it could just be a turd. it happens.

Critics caring more about quality of a movie than one that pushes their agenda?

No it doesn't. What's more likely is its less woke than we think AND it's a piece of shit

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

The actor responded to Marvel fans who allegedly left negative reviews of the film on IMDb before its release in theaters, according to The Direct.

Some of the now-deleted complaints and negative reviews allegedly pertained to the change in the sexuality of Brian Tyree Henry's Phastos, who is the first openly gay superhero in a Marvel movie — but who was not in the comics.

Nanjiani, who stars in the film as one of the Eternals, tweeted a response to the news on Thursday. "Looks like we're upsetting the right people. Eternals opens November 5th," he wrote in the since-deleted tweet.
MARK RALSTON/AFP via Getty; Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Haaz Sleiman and Brian Tyree Henry play Marvel's first gay couple on screen in Eternals

"He's married, he's got a family and that is just part of who he is," Feige told Good Morning America at the D23 Expo in California.

In February 2020, actor Haaz Sleiman teased his upcoming on-screen kiss with costar Henry, telling NewNowNext that filming the Eternals love scene — Marvel's first LGBTQ kiss — was emotional for everyone on set. Sleiman plays the husband of Henry's Phastos.

"It's a beautiful, very moving kiss," said Sleiman. "Everyone cried on set."
"For me, it's very important to show how loving and beautiful a queer family can be," Sleiman said. "Brian Tyree Henry is such a tremendous actor and brought so much beauty into this part, and at one point I saw a child in his eyes, and I think it's important for the world to be reminded that we in the queer community were all children at one point."

He continued: "We forget that because we're always depicted as sexual or rebellious; we forget to connect on that human part."

• 2Worf
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

joz123

Potato del Grande

The actor responded to Marvel fans who allegedly left negative reviews of the film on IMDb before its release in theaters, according to The Direct.

Some of the now-deleted complaints and negative reviews allegedly pertained to the change in the sexuality of Brian Tyree Henry's Phastos, who is the first openly gay superhero in a Marvel movie — but who was not in the comics.

Nanjiani, who stars in the film as one of the Eternals, tweeted a response to the news on Thursday. "Looks like we're upsetting the right people. Eternals opens November 5th," he wrote in the since-deleted tweet.
MARK RALSTON/AFP via Getty; Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Haaz Sleiman and Brian Tyree Henry play Marvel's first gay couple on screen in Eternals

"He's married, he's got a family and that is just part of who he is," Feige told Good Morning America at the D23 Expo in California.

In February 2020, actor Haaz Sleiman teased his upcoming on-screen kiss with costar Henry, telling NewNowNext that filming the Eternals love scene — Marvel's first LGBTQ kiss — was emotional for everyone on set. Sleiman plays the husband of Henry's Phastos.

"For me, it's very important to show how loving and beautiful a queer family can be," Sleiman said. "Brian Tyree Henry is such a tremendous actor and brought so much beauty into this part, and at one point I saw a child in his eyes, and I think it's important for the world to be reminded that we in the queer community were all children at one point."

He continued: "We forget that because we're always depicted as sexual or rebellious; we forget to connect on that human part."
gay GIF

• 1Worf
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
lol eternals is now lower than Thor 2 on rotten tomato, and is the lowest rated MCU movie

657014-DE-9470-4055-9654-FB0-F13-BDCF8-E.jpg

its even lower now at 61%

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
phastos is gay now?

fagtos

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I still have zero interest in seeing this, and the more they show the less interested I am and I'm a MCU fanboy.

The fact that it's getting bad reviews isn't helping, even with my low interest in this movie if it had received glowing reviews I might have changed my mind.

I think this be a huge flop for the MCU, their first real massive flop both commercially and critically.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I still have zero interest in seeing this, and the more they show the less interested I am and I'm a MCU fanboy.

The fact that it's getting bad reviews isn't helping, even with my low interest in this movie if it had received glowing reviews I might have changed my mind.

I think this be a huge flop for the MCU, their first real massive flop both commercially and critically.
They’ll just blame it on Covid if it does get poor turnout and continue the woke train.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
If this does badly, the headlines will be "people are tried of superhero movies"

And Hollywood will start making woke, tranny, raceswapped versions of something else instead

• 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I keep saying this abut trailers. They don't tell you anything just show EXPLOSIONS.

Every trailer has been watched and I know nothing. Who are they. Why are they. What are they. What is the conflict of the movie.

All IO have gotten is "We are old and powerful and sat out till now"......Ok......what does any of that mean.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Was already pretty meh on this when seeing the first trailers, but when after that, the only reason they can give to convince me to see this is "look at our diversity!"? Yeah, noping right the fuck on out of this.

• 1Solidarity

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Same here. Guardians 3 and Spiderman 3 will probably the last Marvel movies I watch for quite a while. Maybe Thor 4, if it does not look stupidly woke.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
n February 2020, actor Haaz Sleiman teased his upcoming on-screen kiss with costar Henry, telling NewNowNext that filming the Eternals love scene — Marvel's first LGBTQ kiss — was emotional for everyone on set. Sleiman plays the husband of Henry's Phastos.

Yes, thinking about kids when talking about gay dudes being loving and kissing.

• 2Like
  • 1Clown World