eterrrnalls.png

THANKS, MOM

sitting at 59% on RT, the first MCU to dip below 60% critics rating

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
eterrrnalls.png

THANKS, MOM

sitting at 59% on RT, the first MCU to dip below 60% critics rating
that is such a pretentious review, that even if it was attached to a movie i loved, i'd still be upset

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its very rare that critics and audiences are synched up in their reviews. usually when critics hate a movie, fans think its awesome. but this boggles my mind because critics are woke assholes and they give films glowing reviews based on their wokeness. this movie has wokeness in spades. so is it really so bad that even with all the woke, its still hot garbage?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
its very rare that critics and audiences are synched up in their reviews. usually when critics hate a movie, fans think its awesome. but this boggles my mind because critics are woke assholes and they give films glowing reviews based on their wokeness. this movie has wokeness in spades. so is it really so bad that even with all the woke, its still hot garbage?
People can hate something the same amount for totally different reasons. That's probably what's going on.

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
Pretty meh.
Too many characters imo and a pretty convulated antognist / conflict. Haven't read the Comic's but none of the motivations made a lot of sense

Two teaser scenes, one after the conclusion and one at the end.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So did Marvel basically make a DC style movie?

They introduced all these god tier heroes all at once without time to properly introduce their motivations or where they have been?

If each culture has an Eternal who helped shape it, it would have been better to introduce them as cameos in other movies. Like have the Chinese one in Shang Chi and the African one in Black Panther.

Then have them all be a bit less powerful and corrupted by immortality. Being inactive because of imprisonment, heartbreak or greed etc - instead of being banned from intervention.

I've not seen it, just seems interesting that it appears to be a DC style mistake.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
its something no one will talk about in public, but the simple reality is that women directors can't make huge, big budget movies. Simple evidence

ava duvernay - fucked up Wrinkle in Time, shoulda been a slam dunk Harry Potter style kids movie but critically panned and a commercial bomb.
Patti Jenkins - Wonder Woman (2017) was received well but the story was by Zack Snyder and 2 dudes, when Patti went off on her own she made WW84 which was a trash fire
Chloe Zhao - made great indie movies, give her a giant Avengers style movie and she fucked it up
The endless parade of recent "female John Wick movies" which all sucked

its dumb to let gay guys design fashion for women (turn em all into 14 year old boys! great idea!) and its dumb to let women do stupid action movies that appeal to the 7-12 year old boy part of our brains. They literally cannot understand what makes these type of movies good, just like I have no fucking idea why women love to own so many shoes.

• 1Solidarity

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
/shrug

The Chloe Zhao train-wreck is still better than anything ever made by Zack Snyder, so it's not that black and white, lol.

Though perhaps Zack Snyder simply cannot make anything that will appeal to any creature with any kind of central nervous system or brain, which would explain it ;)

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Snyder fell into the my shit don't stink mode after a few successful movies like M Night shamalongdingdong did.

wife wants to see this, so will see it probably friday with the wife and twins (if they want to go).

• 1Pathetic

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
So did Marvel basically make a DC style movie?

I've not seen it, just seems interesting that it appears to be a DC style mistake.

Its funny you say that, since Zack Snyder was apparently telling a story leading to a Jack Kirby New God villain in Darkseid.

And after Kirby left DC and returned to Marvel, the Eternals were one of the first things he created, making a set of New Gods for Marvel.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The incessant barrage of ads worked on me and I checked out the ticketing at the local AMC. The pre-sales for this are about as abysmal as one might expect. The 3D showings are essentially empty (like 4 tickets sold) and the others are at best 50% sold through for the very first showings on Thursday evening. I thought this was a bit odd until I recall the hell that it is to wear glasses with a mask and since masks are still recommended for theaters in my area (they were still required as recently as August) I can see that people would avoid 3D.

So I suspect the opening weekend here will not be super fantastic. Other areas may vary, but I'm thinking the first big surge will likely be Ghostbusters later this month or not until Spiderman in December.

Goatface

checked out local place for thursday night,
1st is 3d, 2nd is 9pm showing on the biggest screen.
1635958170545.png

on the weekend, 5 showings on small screen, 6 on big, and only 1 3d on a small screen.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
the dolby showings at my AMC are basically full, but everything else is mostly empty.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you know when you are down to checking ticket bookings to gauge interest in a movie, its time to hang it up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Don't know where you all live but the 3 biggest AMC theaters here in Orange County CA are almost all full for every showing opening night. The IMAX screen nearby has less than a few dozen seats left for the first three showings. I still think this is going to be pretty mediocre, but there is interest out there.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
“I feel lucky, and I’m grateful. And…I don’t want to sound arrogant, but I feel like Marvel, they were very smart to cast me in it because I got to humanize the hell out of it. I got to humanize an LGBTQ+ family and show how beautiful they are,” Sleiman says of his groundbreaking role.

A positive portrayal of a rainbow family is a rare event in mainstream cinema. As such, Sleiman looks forward to not only shattering stereotypes in front of a global audience but also demonstrating how queer people excel at parenting. “I think queer families, personally, are way healthier than regular families, in my opinion,” he says. “We stay together and there’s so much love.”

“We’re evolving,” asserts Sleiman, who notes advances like marriage equality but also the progress seen in three-dimensional characters and nuanced storylines on-screen. “The most exciting thing is the stories that are being told in television and film about LGBTQ people,” he says, adding, “A lot of TV shows are being more thoughtful about portraying queer people in a more fuller way, not so one-dimensional or very stereotype[d].”

“Things that have never happened before are starting to happen.”

In an interview with Variety, Sleiman was asked what it means for him -- as a gay actor -- to be playing the husband of a gay superhero in a Marvel movie. "Beyond a dream come true. It's lifesaving," he said. "I wish I had that when I was a kid growing up, to see this. My god, I wish."
"Can you imagine how many lives this is going to be saving?" Sleiman continued. "Kids, you know, young queer folk who are either being bullied, committing suicide, not seeing themselves being represented. And now they get to see this."
Sleiman also touched on the importance of racial diversity in the film. "The fact that Brian [Tyree Henry] is also Black, you know, that's also beautiful to me. We're both people of color," the actor explained. "Marvel and Disney could not be any more global, there's nothing more global than that."

While Eternals has received a PG-13 rating in the United States, the film has been rated 18+ in Russia, equivalent to an NC-17 rating in the States. Fans have speculated that the rating was given in regards to the "brief sexuality" in the film, specifically the relationship between Phastos and his husband. Because it's illegal to "normalize" LGBTQ+ sexualities and identities to children in Russia, the film cannot be marketed towards, nor viewed by children in the country. The director of the film, Chloé Zhao, is working with Marvel Studios to stop the censorship of LGBTQ+ representation in overseas markets.
Well, he does look like a fag.

• 1Like