Euro 2016

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Still laughing about Zaza's penalty yesterday, all timer...

As far as the game right now, I think it makes England look even worse than France look better. We knew France had the better players and while Deschamps isn't great he's at least not brain dead like Hodgson.

PKS

N00b
Of course. This result just shows Englands ineptitude on a grand scale. From players mentalities, manager, technical abilities, the lot. Woeful.

Still blame Tottenham finishing 2nd. Which is technically also blaming Chelsea/United shitting the bed and finishing outside of the top 4. And Leicester finishing top. Perfect storm of results to let Hodgons' Spurs boner go uncontested.

Szlia

So... the safe bet sounds like a Germany vs Portugal final with a german victory or what? For some reason, my gut feeling is Portugal able to produce another two crap game they somehow win to lift the trophy.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
So... the safe bet sounds like a Germany vs Portugal final with a german victory or what? For some reason, my gut feeling is Portugal able to produce another two crap game they somehow win to lift the trophy.
I don't know about Germany beating France so easily, the Germans have a LOT of players injured, France looked great against Iceland, and France did win the World Cup on home soil in 1998. I feel like Portugal will get past Wales, especially with Ramsey being suspended, but the France vs. Germany game isn't clear at all.

I just checked my favorite betting website, and they have France as a small favorite against Germany, which is about how I feel about the game.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
France did win the World Cup on home soil in 1998.
And the Euro 1984, at home, as well. If Germany's team was 100% I'd say the odds would be 75-25, with the german team being a bit diminished we're probably closer to 50-50, and the winner having at least 70-30 against whoever win the other semi.

ohkcrlho

Finally I saw Ronald acting and playing like a captain.
And finally saw Portugal playing like a team with mentality.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally I saw Ronald acting and playing like a captain.
And finally saw Portugal playing like a team with mentality.
They still have to be underdogs regardless who comes out of the other semi, but they have a puncher's chance for sure. Wonder if Pepe will be fit for the final.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good call.to let an Italian ref against us after we kicked em out. No argument about the penalty, it definitely was one, but it is just a series of yellow cards against us for bs reasons.

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
I would say France bought the German team but no way we have enough money for that, so it is strange.

Gurgeh

Griezmann has really been a tier above everyone else in this euro.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Been excellent - bummed for mesut, was great this summer as was Kroos. No striker is a killer and muller was awful all tournament.

Szlia

Oddly, Ronaldo's injury seems to have hurt the french team the most. They just shut down after he left, moving back, leaving the ball possession to their oponent and consequently turning the match into a pace-less odd thing. The kind of shitty match the portuguese team has been winning (or at least not losing!) through their whole Euro.

I can see this match remaining scoreless until the penalty shoot-out if Deschamps is not able to energize his team during half-time.