Euro 2016

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The crying on social media is great. Only team to not lose a game wins the tourney. A shame Ronaldo got injured, game might have been a little better, but awesome for Portugal in the end.

Szlia

When you see the impact Eder had on the match with his ability to impose himself physically and act as an anchor point when not facing the goal you have to wonder why he only played a whopping 13 minutes before the final! That was incomprehensible even before he scored for the win!

Anyway... pretty cool for Portugal that has been running for years after a major title despite being one of the leading nation at junior level and providing year after year hundreds of professional players and coaches to leagues around the globe. All of that for a country with a population under 11 million (to which you can add about 2 million portuguese nationals living outside the country - like Guerreiro who is born and raised in France).

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
My feels
frown.png

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ahaha suffering a goal from eder ahahahah
Ffs never thought this 2as going to happen.
To the french media .|.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Eder is garbage, the French should be ashamed though I'm sure there is a long line for that.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eder isnt great but you have to give him credit for asserting himself there at the end. He broke through a tackle attempt, and shot the ball from outside the box in double stoppage time to win a major trophy. It doesnt matter now, he is legend.

Congrats Portugal, Im so happy. People in my city were going fuckin NUTS cops everywhere streets shutdown, surreal feeling.

ohkcrlho

Eder isnt great but you have to give him credit for asserting himself there at the end. He broke through a tackle attempt, and shot the ball from outside the box in double stoppage time to win a major trophy. It doesnt matter now, he is legend.

Congrats Portugal, Im so happy. People in my city were going fuckin NUTS cops everywhere streets shutdown, surreal feeling.
Where do you live?

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
The new Euro format is garbage. There is almost no point in group stages. They should just do knockout rounds from the start.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Could just let 2 go through from each group as usual, totaling 12 teams and have the best 4 skip the first round, kinda like the NFL playoffs.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should just do what Lothar Matth?us suggested

24 teams in the groups, so smaller countries can be part of this more often, but only the winners and the two best 2nd places advance. That way, you won't advance on 4 points, let alone 3

Strongest team eliminated this year would have been Belgium at 6 points and +2 GD

Gurgeh

4 groups of 6, best team of each group advance directly to semi final, or 2 best advance but then we'd have an extra match. But the group phase definitely lacked something.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
that would be too many games really. That's 20 days of group stage with 3 matches per day.

Who wants to see five games from Romania or Ukraine.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They should just do what Lothar Matth?us suggested

24 teams in the groups, so smaller countries can be part of this more often, but only the winners and the two best 2nd places advance. That way, you won't advance on 4 points, let alone 3

Strongest team eliminated this year would have been Belgium at 6 points and +2 GD
That's far too punishing in my mind. One bad result and you're basically fucked. Also would really put stress on teams that get a difficult group draw.