Euro 2016

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
What a result by Iceland.

Ronaldo moaning so badly to the referee.
He's a really bad loser, which only makes the result more amusing.

The Real Madrid star also refused to shake the hands of the Iceland players after the group match in Saint-Etienne. "I thought they'd won the Euros the way they celebrated at the end," he said.

"It was unbelievable. We tried hard to win the game and Iceland didn't try anything. This, in my opinion, shows a small mentality and they are not going to do anything in the competition."
Cristiano Ronaldo: Portugal captain criticises Iceland's 'small mentality' - BBC Sport

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ronaldo did come off as a cry baby, but a sore loser? I dont know why the media is pushing that angle, Portugal didnt fucking lose lol.

His comments do actually have some merit in a sense, as Iceland had all of 2 chances the entire match, whilst piling behind the ball on the other end. It doesnt make for good football, but they got a result and being such a small nation and this being their debut, the celebration was probably forgivable.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wish the french team would consider scoring before the 90th minute this euro.

So far I really liked Croatia (went to see them play as the parc des princes is 5 minutes walk from my home) and germany.

Portugal draw against Iceland is really like losing. Fuck, Iceland is not even the size of a medium town and they qualified for the euro and are still in the race. Ronaldo really looked like a dick.

Szlia

Yep. When a Portugal vs Iceland match ends in a draw, Iceland won a point and Portugal lost two points.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Portugal draw against Iceland is really like losing. Fuck, Iceland is not even the size of a medium town and they qualified for the euro and are still in the race. Ronaldo really looked like a dick.
The match commentator said that 10% of the Iceland population was inside the stadium supporting the team.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
10% (~33.000) of the population have travelled to France. I don't think they were all present at the stadium, since it can only hold ~41.000 people.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What an utterly boring shit game. Worst of the Euro so far.

and goal ref misses obvious hand play.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Man what a heartbreaker for Iceland. Was hoping they would get that win vs Hungary

Szlia

Strange competition for the time being... I am not sure if it's because only 8 of the 24 teams are eliminated in group phase, but not many matches have been entertaining and even less teams have been impressive. I liked what I saw of Croatia, but mostly because of Modric who got injured in the second match...

Szlia

As far as I am concerned, all jerseys should be like that. That way, you can't be stopped when someone pulls your jersey and it's difficult to not call a penalty when the defender has a third of the attacker's jersey in his fist!

Szlia

Hah! A fun match! Some nice goals, some drama, yep: that Spain vs Croatia game almost had it all. Nice to see Croatia able to play well even without Modric.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if we will ever see a penalty being repeated in a tournament or if that's a rule that just doesn't matter.

Szlia

It's the 5th/6th referee that is supposed to look at the keeper and with goal line technology it's the only thing he has to do during a penalty kick... maybe the guy called for the very very generous penalty in the first place and felt guilty? Or maybe these guys are just being paid to do nothing...