Europa Universalis IV

faille

Molten Core Raider
Not sure what makes it really good compared to any other expansion. I'm still getting a handle on the changes to tech but not sure I like them so far.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Not sure what makes it really good compared to any other expansion. I'm still getting a handle on the changes to tech but not sure I like them so far.
The reworked westernization to not be retarded, I think. I'll probably pick it up in the next few weeks.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im using the extended timeline mod and its pretty interesting. The leveling up is kind of fucked because of some game mechanics but other than that Its not so bad. I picked Rashidun in 626 as The Prophet Muhammad and quickly conquered the entire Arabian peninsula and had a blast.

Then he died and all of my provinces raised up in revolt and converted to Sunni and I quit.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Im using the extended timeline mod and its pretty interesting. The leveling up is kind of fucked because of some game mechanics but other than that Its not so bad. I picked Rashidun in 626 as The Prophet Muhammad and quickly conquered the entire Arabian peninsula and had a blast.

Then he died and all of my provinces raised up in revolt and converted to Sunni and I quit.
7e7.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sadris

Karen
<Donor>

Yeah I want to try that mod playing as CSA. I tried once but its really hard, they have 2x soldiers and 2x manpower.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Saw this. Really want to play a new game with Shivran and do one faith. Sadly I haven’t played in like 6 months and it’s easy to get rusty in terms of skill

It does sound fun though
I spent like 6 hours yesterday trying Qara Quoyoyoyo and eventually Ottomans stabbed me in the back. I could see Shivran being better as QQ is always starved for cash.

But Shia is always fun when you have the deus vult idea group because you're the only one on the planet.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Okay, I can't stop playing this game. And the Ottomans can't stop fucking me over. Literally the only time I can beat them is as Russia. They literally have zero manpower and 200 units of mercenaries. They make so much money they don't even need to worry about manpower. I redid Shirvan like 5 times and eventually got fucked by Ottomans. I've tried some African nations, only to get fucked by Ottomans.

From now on I am tag switching to them, releasing all their vassals and declaring bankruptcy on day 1. They're like France was in the 1.11 (?) days, but about 2x worse.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
The new DLC just came out right? Is it worth picking up? I've been out of the EU4 game for over a year now

faille

Molten Core Raider
I impulse bought it. Seems ok so far. I think the mission change is part of the free features, though the paid one seems to be more extensive. Gives you a change to try it to see if you like it.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
You can get some pretty powerful starts for some countries now, especially England. Lots of free cores and claims very early on. Seems to be pretty good and takes the randomness out of which missions you take.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Pretty hype for the Dharma expac, since I enjoy playing as Timurids/Mughal/Central Asians:

But my son got hooked on this game and he'd been playing on my account for a while. I told him to get his own copy and he showed me why he never did: the cheapest steam package with all the DLC's is fucking $250?!?!?

Even if you just bought the $80 bundle and only bought the big gameplay-changing DLCs (instead of the music/art packs) it still comes out to about $180 bucks. Holy shit I knew Paradox took this "hobby-grade" model seriously, I never realized they've literally priced themselves around it. That's like Games Workshop "hobby-grade".

Last edited: