Europa Universalis IV

faille

Molten Core Raider

this has probably been linked before.
I seriously have no idea how this is possible, or how people even work out how to do it.
I play the game at such a lower level even though I have 1000s of hours in it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I just watched that today. Crazy! Some people have far too much of a detailed knowledge of the very inner workings of this game. Still, amazing, and I love watching people do these things, especially when they explain why they do what they do.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I haven't watched the video yet (I'm at work) but how is that even possible? It seems like 28 years isn't even enough time to march your armies across the globe, even if you killed everyone instantly and never had to seige anything. As mentioned above, some people really know how the game works a little too well.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I haven't watched the video yet (I'm at work) but how is that even possible? It seems like 28 years isn't even enough time to march your armies across the globe, even if you killed everyone instantly and never had to seige anything. As mentioned above, some people really know how the game works a little too well.
He constantly save scummed to force favorable events, rulers, ruler deaths and the like. I can appreciate the sheer autism of it, but also not a way I’d want to play the game.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Even with the save scums, the military micro alone is insane.
You can get pretty autistic with micro. One general can siege multiple forts and things like that if you dance a 1 stack, or the most efficient navy is heavies of combat width that cycle in and out of battle.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm thinking my one culture goal isn't going to happen. I think I have all the diplo points I would need but because culture conversion time can't be lowered and because of needing separatism gone, I basically need to have the entire country conquered by 1760 (without rebellions popping up).

Even if I pick up humanism and use a -5 separatism policy, I'd still have to have everything conquered by 1775. I have the power to do that but I'm pretty sure the overextension will litter my lands with so many rebels that will just keep adding separation. Using harsh treatment, raising autonomy, and careful use of armies might give me a slim chance but it's going to be tough. Those European provinces are so damn developed. It was probably a mistake waiting so long to take them out (particularly the HRE).

Extra coring cost would have made a world of difference.

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm thinking my one culture goal isn't going to happen. I think I have all the diplo points I would need but because culture conversion time can't be lowered and because of needing separatism gone, I basically need to have the entire country conquered by 1760 (without rebellions popping up).

Even if I pick up humanism and use a -5 separatism policy, I'd still have to have everything conquered by 1775. I have the power to do that but I'm pretty sure the overextension will litter my lands with so many rebels that will just keep adding separation. Using harsh treatment, raising autonomy, and careful use of armies might give me a slim chance but it's going to be tough. Those European provinces are so damn developed. It was probably a mistake waiting so long to take them out (particularly the HRE).

Extra coring cost would have made a world of difference.
Once every single province has rebelled, rebels will slow down. Don’t forget to suppress rebels with some armies to take away a lot of the tedium. Just make sure it’s about a 40 stack or your army could die 1720+

DickTrickle

Once every single province has rebelled, rebels will slow down. Don’t forget to suppress rebels with some armies to take away a lot of the tedium. Just make sure it’s about a 40 stack or your army could die 1720+
Yeah, but that modifier goes away faster than separatism, so you still have to find a more permanent solution. It might be enough as a stop gap, but all it takes is one missed rebellion and one culture is lost. That's what's so rough about that challenge, especially since there's no way to reduce culture time. I could save scum but I think that'd probably make the accomplishment feel hollow.

Also, I can handle about 150-175% overextension without rebel issues (if no revolution) but I think I'm going to have to have a higher OE pace than that.

Maybe when the revolution and the shit 25 unrest goes away it won't be such a whack a mole. That really screws with it.

I'll give it a good shot anyway, maybe save a backup to retry once.

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Oh shit, forgot about a government reform that takes off 10 years from separatism... that just bought me a lot more time. That plus the -5 policy and the -10 from humanism could be all the difference.

Edit: If I'm not misunderstanding something and based on my actual viewing of provinces that had a rebellion take the land... now I get ZERO separatism from a rebellion! It's weird, though, as some rebel provinces that were fully controlled seem to differ by 5 points when they should be in the same, in my eyes. Maybe something to do with my timing of taking the reforms/policies versus when they started.

If this also applies when first coring a province... holy shit, why didn't I do this before. If that's accurate, that would mean my deadline for having all provinces under control moves to 1785.

Edit 2: After some further testing, it looks like the separatism reduction only affects the initial 30 years when you first conquer the province. Rebels still add 10 years. Maybe some of the places I was checking before had forts nearby that I didn't notice. That's a bummer. Still, getting the reduction from initial conquering will be a big help regardless.

I think I was confused because I don't thinks separatism takes hold when revolution is in the province.

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
wooop.jpg

New expansion soon, so didn't want to start a new game, pushed this france a bit more. Next war against the HRE I should be able to dismantle it, and probably will take a large chunk for myself in unreasonable demands and just ride the 1000 OE it will probably give me. That should unlock the mission that will let me vassalize commonwealth. I'll probably go in about a year, once I have the OE from full annexing venice under control. Was sad when nepolian finally went away.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Well, it ended up being pretty close but I finished my the one tag, one culture, one faith, all provinces, world conquest with the Teutonic Order. Phew! I'm glad I did this because now I won't ever have that nagging urge to "do it all" again on a future playthrough and I can have a more regional focus and not always be so completely warlike.

One culture is definitely a bitch. I almost didn't have enough diplomacy to get it done in time, even though my WC was over in 1760. However, being able to exploit one dev in every province provided me just enough of the edge to squeak past, though it was hell on my fingers and hand. Those goddamn European cities with 50+ dev were awful (since nothing reduces culture conversion time) and I didn't really have the admin points to concentrate dev and/or move the capital to a low dev province to be able to concentrate more dev. The last blitzkrieg of war was pretty fun, though. I had so much money I went 800+ over my force limit and made 50-100+ stack armies to steamroll everything. So much manpower the attrition didn't matter at all, especially given how quick the sieges were.

My idea groups were Divine -> Religious -> Administrative -> Diplomatic -> Influence -> Horde -> Espionage -> (Drop Influence) Humanist -> Expansion. Outside of one difference, it's really hard to imagine picking any different ideas. I suppose I could skip Divine but there was a TO mission that required a MIL tech, thus the choice. In hindsight, I really should have gone with Humanism earlier, definitely before Espionage (which I chose for AE reduction and siege ability). Taking years off separatism was a big light bulb moment and really made going way over 100% OE super manageable. I'm not sure I could have taken it before any of the others simply because they're just so powerful; maybe Humanism before Horde would have been optimal but at the time I had a ton of MIL points and was always low on admin. The other big light bulb moment was not ignoring trade companies and fixing/understanding my trade situation during the mid-game. I went from barely scraping by financially with a a handful of loans often to being totally in control financially in the space of about five years, all just from fixing what I already had. If I had been playing that correctly from the beginning, I'm guessing I could have finished 20-40 years earlier.

I was the Teutonic Order, Mongol Jerusalem, Poland, then the Lithuanian-Polish Commonwealth. It was my first time doing that kind of elaborate fuckery so it was a lot of fun. Actually having worthwhile missions to do during the entire game instead of just the early/mid game made things a lot more fun for me. The Commonwealth had some absolutely killer missions to push me forward at the end, particularly the 15 years of -15% CCR, +25% culture conversion attached to the ruler, and 5 reform for every university. I pumped universities before finishing that mission and ended up with 1800 reform so I could quickly finish the tree (a blob campaign means slow reform progress) and also switch out some earlier reforms as needed.

Great campaign and still so much EU4 I've yet to explore.

Untitled.jpg

sep.png

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Was thinking of maybe doing a custom nation for my next playthrough (achievements be damned)... kind of crazy how powerful you can make them, even with the restrictions they give you. Plus there's so many different and unique abilities you can use. These National Ideas + Holy Horde, lol.

1680709481593.png

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
I just managed to PU the Commonwealth as Sweden. Took about half a century.

What do I do now? I never PU'd anyone before. How do I use them? How do I keep them PU'd?

P.S. Commonwealth holds Novgorod which I need as Sweden to complete a mission and advance in the mission tree. Any idea how I can get it from them? There is no "Seize Land" option like you have with a vassal

1680727104066.jpeg

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I just managed to PU the Commonwealth as Sweden. Took about half a century.

What do I do now? I never PU'd anyone before. How do I use them? How do I keep them PU'd?

P.S. Commonwealth holds Novgorod which I need as Sweden to complete a mission and advance in the mission tree. Any idea how I can get it from them? There is no "Seize Land" option like you have with a vassal

View attachment 467553
Wait 40 years and you can integrate them like a vassal. They will act pretty much like a vassal otherwise.

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
Wait 40 years and you can integrate them like a vassal. They will act pretty much like a vassal otherwise.

How long is that integration going to take? Like 100 years?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
How long is that integration going to take? Like 100 years?
Diplomatic reputation is the biggest factor in speeding up annexing a vassal/pu. Get the estate for it and the pope annexation buff if you’re catholic. My Castile PU took about 30 years to integrate in my France game. That’s probably a fairly similar amount of dev. I haven’t vassalized the 3200 dev commonwealth in my game yet. Always be mindful of diplo rep, which overextension can lower a lot if you are annexing a big vassal.

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
Diplomatic reputation is the biggest factor in speeding up annexing a vassal/pu. Get the estate for it and the pope annexation buff if you’re catholic. My Castile PU took about 30 years to integrate in my France game. That’s probably a fairly similar amount of dev. I haven’t vassalized the 3200 dev commonwealth in my game yet. Always be mindful of diplo rep, which overextension can lower a lot if you are annexing a big vassal.

nice. my diplo rep is +8 right now so i should be good. however, i am protestant and they are catholics so i need to force convert them i think

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
nice. my diplo rep is +8 right now so i should be good. however, i am protestant and they are catholics so i need to force convert them i think
That’s probably a bad idea to force convert them. 50%+ liberty desire PUs can break away on ruler death, and them being Catholic doesn’t matter much.