Europa Universalis IV

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
It came out today. Anyone else picked it up yet? I played the demo last night - as an avid CK2 player I had no idea what I was doing. I guess I'll need to play through the tutorials and read some guides.

Anyone else excited for this game?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

faille

Molten Core Raider
Yep, trying out Switzerland as a learning experience atm. Never got into CK2, but spend way too many hours in EU3.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Loving it so far. Trying to unite japan and become the world's first economy with my first playthrough
biggrin.png

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Any recommendations on walkthroughs or sites that give more info about the game? The wiki for CK2 was pretty decent for continued education once you played through the in-game tutorials.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
found out most of it myself ingame with tutorial and messing around so cant hlep you there
frown.png

Japan is almost united! One province that is vassalized left to annex and the might of japan will make the world tremble. I also have most of the phillipines colonized and am gonna try to get a few new world provinces as well.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
i have no idae how all this trade shit works, im just putting merchants on things and hoping my ducats stay positive

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Is version 3.0 a good version to try and demo how the game works?

Edit: Guess there is a demo on Steam

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Is it just me or is the game far too easy to win at the moment? Or did I just luck out with japan... All I did was annex all my vassals one by one after improvement relations with them. I conquered one of them brutaly ause he insulted me but thats it. Tehn the computer attacked me like like 51 boats to blockage my ports and i just built 60 boats off the getgo to offset it. He moved from blockade once and i stacked all my ships during that slipup to attack him all at once. I destroyed his navy completely (insea battle and i had all galleys while he used some of the bigger ships that got wrecked). So right now I am japan with all of the phillipines and I just conquered all of Korea and northern asia above china and haven't met a challenge really. This is on hard with no luck bonus.

I hope it's just a coincidence cause one thing I loved about CK2 was getting absolutely shit stomped when I made the slightest mistake
biggrin.png

Oh and also, It's retarded that in jap?n the Nippon trade node only has one trade route going into it from america and one out to hangzou.. Cant really push power from anywhere or to anywhere useful
frown.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
France just shitstomped me as Burgundy and I thought I was doing really well considering me and an ally got an unconditional defeat out of Austria.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
France just shitstomped me as Burgundy and I thought I was doing really well considering me and an ally got an unconditional defeat out of Austria.
I guess I'll be a bit patient and see how it turns out. I'm curbstomping all of Asia at the moment, maybe europe shows up with doomstacks eventualy to take me out ;D

Also have any of you seen the ai build colonies? I'm just taking over every single piece of unoccupied land in Asia and I haven't seen the computer colonize a single one... also nothing on the west cost of the new world yet (havent explored on land yet just from sea).

Nxs_sl

shitlord
Is it just me or is the game far too easy to win at the moment?
It seems easier than EU3 so far (playing on normal) but I could've gotten really lucky as well. I started off with Brandenburg and entered a union with Austria and Poland right off the bat. After that, I went on to fabricate claims and took a lot of German states and formed Germany late 1500. Even though they hate my guts now, Austria is still in my union and whenever I enter a war they come stomping in with superior numbers.

Meanwhile, I've allied myself with Sweden and after I've swept up the remaining German states it's time to have a look at Russia.

Also have any of you seen the ai build colonies? I'm just taking over every single piece of unoccupied land in Asia and I haven't seen the computer colonize a single one... also nothing on the west cost of the new world yet (havent explored on land yet just from sea).
In my game Spain has a couple of colonies in Africa (other than the ones they start with) and Portugal has at least three colonies in South America from what I could see and at least one in the Caribbean. France, England and Norway are all in North America but I have no idea how many colonies they have at this point.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
It seems easier than EU3 so far (playing on normal) but I could've gotten really lucky as well. I started off with Brandenburg and entered a union with Austria and Poland right off the bat. After that, I went on to fabricate claims and took a lot of German states and formed Germany late 1500. Even though they hate my guts now, Austria is still in my union and whenever I enter a war they come stomping in with superior numbers.

Meanwhile, I've allied myself with Sweden and after I've swept up the remaining German states it's time to have a look at Russia.
ahh the big eyes for Russia... The demise of many conquerors ;p

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ok now I'm concentrating on colonies with Norway, biding my time as a Danish vassal muhaha! It's slow and quiet, seems like you need Quest for the New WorldANDDiplomacy 7 to get onto North America. Still I've discovered it about 20-30 years early
biggrin.png

faille

Molten Core Raider
That's the game I was just about to try out! Though I hear that they suffer from trade node placement issues which might suck.

Anyone tried multiplayer in the EU games?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Is version 3.0 a good version to try and demo how the game works?

Edit: Guess there is a demo on Steam
There's a huge difference between EUIII and EUIV as they fundamentally redesigned most of the gameplay mechanics. There is an EUIV demo though.