<Gold Donor>
i have 110 absolutism
1000+ regiments
1000+ ships
i am military hegemon
$3K in net profit every month
all buildings maxxed out
$680K in the bank

right now i hold almost all of africa, all of indonesia, most of India, most of Australia/NZ and almost all of continental north America

am i well positioned for a GB tag WC?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
i have 110 absolutism
1000+ regiments
1000+ ships
i am military hegemon
$3K in net profit every month
all buildings maxxed out
$680K in the bank

right now i hold almost all of africa, all of indonesia, most of India, most of Australia/NZ and almost all of continental north America

am i well positioned for a GB tag WC?
To be honest, the money doesn't matter at all. You're going to have to truce break a ton and fight many wars at once, but you should be.

What's your core cost reduction and diplo annex reduction modifier? I would say those are going to be the biggest factors in how fast you can conquer right now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
wooop.jpg

Declared war on the whole HRE to dismantle it, and then separately peaced everyone with some outrageous demands. As for a world conquest, I went far less than optimal. No territory in india or SE asia, but really didn't feel like playing SE asia this game. Still looks pretty doable, since I can play absurd with all the great powers fully cowed. That Scandanavia is surprisingly strong. I'm pretty close to restoring the roman empire, so I guess why not. Too much green going on in this map.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Good thing I didnt give these retards 30K

They got themselves into a world war with every Great Power on the planet except me

Time to bail out on this partnership. But not before I turn in some favors for manpower.

1689384514322.png

• 2Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
wooop.jpg

Was about to snake out and see if I could WC this map as italy, and just noticed this abomination. Apparently the revolution spawned in China? Just as weird, Russia and the Ottomans have been fighting each other over their colonies in the SE pacific. I've occasionally seen the ottomans colonize there, but never the Russians.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Good thing I didnt give these retards 30K

They got themselves into a world war with every Great Power on the planet except me

Time to bail out on this partnership. But not before I turn in some favors for manpower.

View attachment 482507
I was kinda hoping you’d leave the Ottomans alone so you had one final boss to fight. Ah well RIP kebabs

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Golden Age: whats the general consensus on when to pop it?

I was eligible for mine by 1470 or so but held off until I entered Age of Revolutions and started really steamrolling in my WC to pop it.

Now Im wondering if I should have done it when I received it since 10% Army/Navy morale matters so much less in late game.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Golden Age: whats the general consensus on when to pop it?

I was eligible for mine by 1470 or so but held off until I entered Age of Revolutions and started really steamrolling in my WC to pop it.

Now Im wondering if I should have done it when I received it since 10% Army/Navy morale matters so much less in late game.
Objectively, it's definitely better to pop it immediately. I know it seems like it'd be better to save it and stack bonuses, but by the time you hit late game you have so many bonuses it's really easy to go 400+% OE when you want, so it kinda ends up being overkill that really doesn't help you overall, while in the early game you can afford to push things that little bit extra, and hitting a WC or whatever your goal is is a lot more about how you set yourself up for spread in diverse areas or snake out into other places early on, to more widely distribute your AE problems.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Objectively, it's definitely better to pop it immediately. I know it seems like it'd be better to save it and stack bonuses, but by the time you hit late game you have so many bonuses it's really easy to go 400+% OE when you want, so it kinda ends up being overkill that really doesn't help you overall, while in the early game you can afford to push things that little bit extra, and hitting a WC or whatever your goal is is a lot more about how you set yourself up for spread in diverse areas or snake out into other places early on, to more widely distribute your AE problems.

Yeah I thought I was being clever since early on I wasnt fighting anyone big and mostly rolling over small countries in Africa and SE Asia to expand the trade empire but now I'm thinking I could have become a military hegemon much earlier and started taking on other Great Powers much earlier. Another lesson learned.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I thought I was being clever since early on I wasnt fighting anyone big and mostly rolling over small countries in Africa and SE Asia to expand the trade empire but now I'm thinking I could have become a military hegemon much earlier and started taking on other Great Powers much earlier. Another lesson learned.
The stupid thing about the ottomans is you can just "Why not both!" since you get two golden eras, cause fuck balance.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Yeah, like most things in the game everything snowballs. Unless you're saving it for a specific objective later on, I'd definitely use it earlier rather than later.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I think the big thing that's really holding me back is effectively using diploannexing and vassals to steamroll faster in the 1700s.

In last game I was just releasing states after conquering nations and then feeding them uncored provinces and trying to geographically release them in positions where I can feed them future conquered provinces as well. But I tried a few times just straight up vassalizing smaller countries in peace deals and then just annexing them 10 years later. I guess that's how this game mechanic was intended to work. At any given time you're supposed to have 2-3 vassals that either you're waiting on to hit the the 10 years mark, or they have hit it and you're actively diplo annexing them. You don't actually give a shit about their vassal.contributions, they're just there to absorb some of the coring cost with diplo mana

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
How important is army professionalism?

I always assumed that professionalism determined the quality of generals being recruited but I just looked it up and it looks like its actually tradition that determines that.

I got 71% professionalism, but Im starved for manpower (even with maxed out Mil Quantity Ideas). At 0 manpower right now and need another 100K to replenish existing units. I'm also at 1600 units of land forces but my limit is 2300 and can easily go higher. Should I just slacken standards until professionalism is drained to 0 and then use mercs to max out my land limit to tank the rest of the WC since I have 700K in cash on hand and net another 2k-3k every month in profit?

DickTrickle

I think the big thing that's really holding me back is effectively using diploannexing and vassals to steamroll faster in the 1700s.

In last game I was just releasing states after conquering nations and then feeding them uncored provinces and trying to geographically release them in positions where I can feed them future conquered provinces as well. But I tried a few times just straight up vassalizing smaller countries in peace deals and then just annexing them 10 years later. I guess that's how this game mechanic was intended to work. At any given time you're supposed to have 2-3 vassals that either you're waiting on to hit the the 10 years mark, or they have hit it and you're actively diplo annexing them. You don't actually give a shit about their vassal.contributions, they're just there to absorb some of the coring cost with diplo mana
Yeah, at the point where you're truly just map painting, vassals are just a way to split coring costs between admin and diplo. Their contribution doesn't matter.

Early on a strong vassal or a few can be a pretty nice help in a war or to handle carpet sieging or to handle rebels or shitty little small stacks that get through your line.

Last edited:

DickTrickle

How important is army professionalism?

I always assumed that professionalism determined the quality of generals being recruited but I just looked it up and it looks like its actually tradition that determines that.

I got 71% professionalism, but Im starved for manpower (even with maxed out Mil Quantity Ideas). At 0 manpower right now and need another 100K to replenish existing units. I'm also at 1600 units of land forces but my limit is 2300 and can easily go higher. Should I just slacken standards until professionalism is drained to 0 and then use mercs to max out my land limit to tank the rest of the WC since I have 700K in cash on hand and net another 2k-3k every month in profit?
Professionalism is nice. 10% shock and fire damage and, most useful, 20% siege ability at 100%. That's why I usually try to keep it high.

I feel like the new slacken is bad but I don't know how you don't have infinite manpower. 100% manpower buildings in every province? Are you massively overstacking your armies? Do you let them sit stacked up in bad areas and gain massive attrition? Really feels like you shouldn't have zero at this point.

That said, mercs are probably the most useful option with so little manpower. Get artillery stacks for sieges and use mercs for battles.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Professionalism is nice. 10% shock and fire damage and, most useful, 20% siege ability at 100%. That's why I usually try to keep it high.

I feel like the new slacken is bad but I don't know how you don't have infinite manpower. 100% manpower buildings in every province? Are you massively overstacking your armies? Do you let them sit stacked up in bad areas and gain massive attrition? Really feels like you shouldn't have zero at this point.

That said, mercs are probably the most useful option with so little manpower. Get artillery stacks for sieges and use mercs for battles.

Yeah the siege ability is nice, I try to compensate for it by keeping counterspying at 100% when fighting Great Powers, it gives a nice siege boost and lvl 8 forts can sometimes fall in less than a month.

I got 100% manpower buildings in every province, including Soldiers Households.
I dump excess mil mana into grain/livestock provinces to boost manpower and then activate the Increased Enlistment edict permanently on top of it
Im autistic about constantly checking that im not taking unnecessary attrition and I often will break up my armies into 30 unit stacks when moving them or parking them to avoid attrition hits

Normally Im swimming in manpower by now, not sure what the problem is with this Great Britain run other than I basically made everything overseas into a trade company and probably lost manpower from that. The only places I have cored/stated provinces is England, Ireland, France, Iberia and everywhere else in Africa thats not in Ivory Coast, Cape of GH, Zanzibar trade node. Oh, and about 1/3rd of India.

DickTrickle

Yeah the siege ability is nice, I try to compensate for it by keeping counterspying at 100% when fighting Great Powers, it gives a nice siege boost and lvl 8 forts can sometimes fall in less than a month.

I got 100% manpower buildings in every province, including Soldiers Households.
I dump excess mil mana into grain/livestock provinces to boost manpower and then activate the Increased Enlistment edict permanently on top of it
Im autistic about constantly checking that im not taking unnecessary attrition and I often will break up my armies into 30 unit stacks when moving them or parking them to avoid attrition hits

Normally Im swimming in manpower by now, not sure what the problem is with this Great Britain run other than I basically made everything overseas into a trade company and probably lost manpower from that. The only places I have cored/stated provinces is England, Ireland, France, Iberia and everywhere else in Africa thats not in Ivory Coast, Cape of GH, Zanzibar trade node. Oh, and about 1/3rd of India.

Did you make the trade company buildings for manpower?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Problems can arise if your deployed forces are a lot higher than your maximum manpower when it comes to attrition. Also, lots of tropical sieges and what not can be pretty painful. Slacken standards is totally worth it imo. It drains professionalism rather slowly, and you can just spam out new generals to counter it.