EVE Online

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Null is in a pretty stale peacetime currently, with all the big players seemingly happy to just farm their corners of space and get rich and RMT or whatever it is they do.

Wormholes are pretty spicy with the upwell structures now, and ratting in C5/C6 holes is some pretty insane money. People actually drop many marauders on grid to do it efficiently, so the weirdos and russians out in wormhole space blow each other up a lot.

Faction warfare is...weird? Like it's some of the most fun there is to be had in the game currently with plenty of small gang destroyer/assault frigate type fights with some rare escalations in to bigger stuff. But at the same time, depending largely which militia you're fighting, all the sites will just be overrun by people botting a dozen drone frigates to gigafarm LP and they will absolutely frag you rather than let you take a slice.

All in all the raw player count is trending upwards, and averages 22-25k on random evenings, but there's a fuckload of large scale multiboxing and botting going on these days, so parts of space feel pretty empty sometimes.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It comes up often the they need to do more to catch botters. Rarely does it come up maybe design a game that can't be boiled down to something a bot an do for profit day after day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Got my almost 10b of junk I had got into high sec over to Jita and on the market. Then of all things got ganked while flying an interceptor that is 1.8 align and 14au travel speed with 40m of crap in it while going to make some market updates. I landed on my insta dock and clicked the station and hit D. It took a while to load and I docked up, in my capsule. Odd but I came out way way ahead. Have about 40b in plex now banked for whatever.

Guessing his alt paid me 10 million isk to clear his kill right lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I've been back to playing this again, hooked up with a pretty relaxed group. Biggest issue was being broke with no assets to speak of, but got a little fleet again, finally got a couple Vargurs/ Panthers, and a whole shitload of Lokis I'm stacking up for future YOLO filament jaunts for fun. Cyno alt just about done, and jumped into the PI stuff too, cooking some alts for that for some extra income. Don't really have any fantasy of being some PVP pro, just want to fleet up and get some content and be able to afford to keep doing it.

MS is kicking my ass hard now, this is basically one of the few MMO's i can still truly enjoy now, I figure I'll stick with this for a good while.

People been playing? Been in FoH channel alone for weeks, what the fuck?
Untitled.jpg

• 1Worf

Borzak

I think I have the FoH channel on one of my alts, trade alt I think. The time I am on varies a lot. Sometimes after downtime, sometimes late at night. They are supposidly patching the launcher today because if you left it open it was using a lot of CPU. We shall see.

Borzak

Been a good week. With mostly my alt I mad 10 billion in the last week which isn't bad. I haven't really done much the last few months. I guess onto some other target now. I wanted 12 months of plex and I got that.

Most of that was on my alt in high sec. I chickened out and paid someone to haul it rather than hail it in interceptor or something. Almost no volume, only had to pay 30m to haul it 20 jumps to Jita. Someone picked up the contract and finished it within 2 hours.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I still find this game overwhelming to get into, the period of time I spent the most time on, was before titans. My current character turns 19 next month FFS There is people in my corp younger than my old alt character, and that really kicks me in the old man balls hard lol.

1-2 Months playing, my brain is mush trying to absorb all these different systems and changes over the years. I kinda wish I hadn't given away my original accounts, would have been handy to have a few miner accounts ready to go, but I'm not getting into that shit again, seems common these days for a miner to have a fleet of 10-20 hulks/rorq. I'll just stick to my 3 hull miners, and the 6 PI alts on each, much more sane /s. No wonder this game has a hard time attracting new players.

Surprised Tuco never got into this game (that I'm aware) I could imagine him being the scourge of EvE, hotdropping everywhere with his 30-40 box blops/cap fleets, then dropping his mining fleets in to steal juicy moons...

Tuco Tuco
Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I still find this game overwhelming to get into, the period of time I spent the most time on, was before titans. My current character turns 19 next month FFS There is people in my corp younger than my old alt character, and that really kicks me in the old man balls hard lol.

1-2 Months playing, my brain is mush trying to absorb all these different systems and changes over the years. I kinda wish I hadn't given away my original accounts, would have been handy to have a few miner accounts ready to go, but I'm not getting into that shit again, seems common these days for a miner to have a fleet of 10-20 hulks/rorq. I'll just stick to my 3 hull miners, and the 6 PI alts on each, much more sane /s. No wonder this game has a hard time attracting new players.

Surprised Tuco never got into this game (that I'm aware) I could imagine him being the scourge of EvE, hotdropping everywhere with his 30-40 box blops/cap fleets, then dropping his mining fleets in to steal juicy moons...

Tuco Tuco
Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football
I almost jumped in at least 3 times over the years. I always watched a few vids and decided the combat wasn't for me.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I almost jumped in at least 3 times over the years. I always watched a few vids and decided the combat wasn't for me.
Combat? Build a big enough fleet and you could turn every system you go to into a turn based RTS with TiDi!

I joke, its an EvE fantasy for myself, that wouldn't be realistic even if I had a million $ to blow just on EvE.

I do wonder what happens to EvE if someone figures out how to combine botting with AI. It's gonna be shit like online games where the actual Skynet is going to be birthed from, not some military project lol

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Combat? Build a big enough fleet and you could turn every system you go to into a turn based RTS with TiDi!

I joke, its an EvE fantasy for myself, that wouldn't be realistic even if I had a million $ to blow just on EvE.

I do wonder what happens to EvE if someone figures out how to combine botting with AI. It's gonna be shit like online games where the actual Skynet is going to be birthed from, not some military project lol
End up seeing one of those alliance maps for the Universe and its just the slow encroachment of one single Borg like entity. One guy leading it, watching it grow like an Ant Colony.

• 1Like

Borzak

The goons got rid of their CEO some time ago. But who knows if he's gone or not, not tha tit really matters.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

The goons got rid of their CEO some time ago. But who knows if he's gone or not, not tha tit really matters.
Honestly - creating an AI and letting it go ham in the game might actually breathe some life into the game. Imagine all the fuckery that an AI would find with the markets, the loop holes that it could expose and more. "The AI has collectively became the richest player inside of the Eve universe in a matter of days!"

Goonsquad Officer
Honestly - creating an AI and letting it go ham in the game might actually breathe some life into the game. Imagine all the fuckery that an AI would find with the markets, the loop holes that it could expose and more. "The AI has collectively became the richest player inside of the Eve universe in a matter of days!"
And their ships could be fun piñatas

Borzak

Just make them a faction like the sleepers and we can all go to war with ai bots.

Merge them with rogue drones.

I've played Eve on and off for 16 years. The one thing I'm most proud about is I have never ever used a spreadsheet. Even odder I make a fair amount of money on the market. I watch ssome of the trading videos and such with massive spreadsheets and meh. In case anyone didn't know Excel has an Eve plug in now, no idea what it does.

They had a war a couple of years ago that got right to 1DQ1 and then they couldn't or wouldn't attack the keepstar there so that was that. Be very hard to root an alliance or giant corp out of a system nowdays with citadels.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I'd really like to see this game get some kind of TLP experience or a fresh server, but I don't see it ever happening.

Personally I think if they took the chance on it, it would be a solid year of chaotic fun while everyone scrambled to grab the best. Translate rewards to main server, rinse and repeat a couple years.

Nah better to make a generic FPS again, because all our multibox nerd fans just fucking LOVE twitchy first person shooters with a NMS style mining/resource system!

Did Blizzard sell them their playbook on how to develop shitty ideas?

• 1Like

Daidraco

I'd really like to see this game get some kind of TLP experience or a fresh server, but I don't see it ever happening.

Personally I think if they took the chance on it, it would be a solid year of chaotic fun while everyone scrambled to grab the best. Translate rewards to main server, rinse and repeat a couple years.

Nah better to make a generic FPS again, because all our multibox nerd fans just fucking LOVE twitchy first person shooters with a NMS style mining/resource system!

Did Blizzard sell them their playbook on how to develop shitty ideas?
I loved the shit out of Echoes. Giving everyone an opportunity to start out fresh, new, on even playing ground was a really good experience for a few months of entertainment. Once the game breaks down into counting ISK, and having a fleet of shitty ships .. I tune out kind of quick.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I loved the shit out of Echoes. Giving everyone an opportunity to start out fresh, new, on even playing ground was a really good experience for a few months of entertainment. Once the game breaks down into counting ISK, and having a fleet of shitty ships .. I tune out kind of quick.
Most fun I've had in this game is when your flying shitty ships, and they easy to replace. Never considered myself a Goon, but those shitfleets back in the day were top tier fun. I was so drunk back then I don't really remember good stories other than dying over and over, and fucking loving it.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist

NERF is available for free for the next 24 hours for all capsuleers but will become a part of Omega Pro Max, the new visionary subscription tier designed to elevate your EVE Online experience to unprecedented heights. As part of this elite tier, you'll enjoy unparalleled access to EVE's new digital frontier, making your launcher the only app you'll need for gaming and entertainment.

Omega Pro Max is more than a subscription. It's a commitment to providing capsuleers with a comprehensive platform that enriches every aspect of their time in New Eden. This is your chance to be part of something groundbreaking, to redefine your gaming experience, and to discover an EVE Online that's more engaging and entertaining than ever before.

Don't let this opportunity pass you by. Activate your NERF preview today and step into the future with Omega Pro Max. The ultimate EVE experience awaits.

For the stars,

The CCP Team

Ryan Reynolds Wtf GIF

• 1Worf

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
You don't need to wait for AI bots if you have lots of RL money. Back in the day (2005-2010 or so) there were a few rich people who played Eve (mostly Russians and Chinese) who actually paid other Russians and Chinese to play in their corps and do whatever they told them to do. Some shenanigans ensued from it.

And as said, if CCP had any brains they'd be looking into making Eve 2.0 on a fresh server, taking the lessons from the past 20 years and incorporating them into a new design. Maybe having more dynamism such as dynamic ore belts and such. But if the past 20 years have taught us one thing it's that CCP does not have any brains and does not know how to make a good game. They lucked out on Eve and everything else turned to shit - if it was ever even released (hello World of Darkness MMO).

• 1Like