EVE Online

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's probably 6 of one half-dozen of the other. Without spending hours comparing skills to some of the bazaar posts it looks like similarish chars are probably 75-100b.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Anyone done these winter nexus event sites in prior years? I can't decide what kind of ship and how expensive of a fit I want to put together to run them in. Just the combat sites, have an astero I can use for explo stuff and can do a mining ship for the ice stuff.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I checked out two of them in highsec today - they are definitely harder than regular combat anomalies in highsec, but not quite as bad as say, a DED5? I'g say go with at least a battlecruiser, but a cruiser may be okay if your skills are really good.

The problem with the highsec ones though was the people just showing up in marauders and taking the boss lol, so be prepared for that to happen a lot.

The low/null mining sites sound pretty interesting to me cause only ORE ships can center. Time for the rise of the BATTLE ENDURANCE

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah I was debating between a cruiser (HAC or t3c or maybe a pirate cruiser), bc, battleship or marauder. Guess i'll start on the cheaper end just to get my feet wet and go from there.

I was leaning towards an Alligator even though they're expensive but all my battlecruiser skills are only at level 3 so that and the price is making me hesitant for now.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I did ~20ish of the highsec combat sites today in the shitty praxis below without any issue at all, so they really aren't that hard (don't use cruise missiles, use heavy assaults or rapid heavies, i just happen to have tech2 cruise missiles and while it's still worse the ammo is cheaper). The incoming DPS is like 200-250ish, and you are forced top warp to 0 and will be webbed/scrammed, so be sure you can tank it. Otherwise just bring a bunch of EM/kinetic damage of your choice, but be careful with drones cause these fucks like target swap to drones 100% of the time.

[Praxis]
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Co-Processor II
Co-Processor II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II

Phased Scoped Target Painter
Missile Guidance Computer II
Missile Guidance Computer II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
X-Large Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

Cruise Missile Launcher II
Small Tractor Beam I

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Caldari Navy Vespa x10

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya you don't want to use a drone boat, just throw out your drones after you kill the frigs and maybe cruisers each wave and on the BS at the end. I ran some in nullsec, tried a vagabond at first but it felt pretty squishy. You're gonna get neuted, webbed, scrammed so plan accordingly. I switched to a sleipnir and it was smooth sailing (5x 425s and 2x RLML). Marauder is likely the best option, but I don't really want to risk one with randoms often popping into system and I prefer being able to play somewhat lazily. Missile boats are very good for pure EM damage, like the praxis above (use RHML instead of cruise though), probably nighthawk, raven and tengu too. Give yourself extra capacitor to handle the neuts as well.

Edit: also if you're interested in joining horde, the sooner the better, since you need to be in for 60 days to join the "better" (ESI gated) version Blessed Beans. There are other ESI gated corps you can join as well. A lot of the SIGs also require being in a certain as well. A lot has changed since I was last in years ago, now its a full on mega alliance, super organized, lots to do. In some ways I miss the old horde, but this definitely offers a lot more opportunity.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ended up throwing together a ham tengu to try a few out, got a couple done. Saw lots of marauders in the set of systems I was doing them in, a couple other t3cs and one gnosis. Ham tengus really make missiles disappear fast.

Edit: Tengu is too slow for my liking, takes 10ish minutes per hisec site. Might splurge on a marauder, maybe i'll just go the praxis route.

Last edited:

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Wormholes are like cops. They're everywhere until you need one.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

CCP being CCP again. New launcher was rolled out. Window snap is disabled in windows and in the registry to be sure and the launcher will always snap to the edge when resizing which means you miss a good portion of the launcher. They added a way to submit a bug report from the launcher, but you can't scroll down far enough to see it lol.

I'm sure everyone will disagree with me on this one, it's minor but who comes up with this shit? To launch an account it used to click to launch. Now it's click and hold. Who dreams up this shit? It's minor but do they think people were accidently launching an account they didn't mean to so much they had to change how to do it?

• 2Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Almost had the ultimate ooops.

I put a bunch of crap to sell in a Sunesis and undocked. Halfway to my destination all in high sec I looked in the cargo bay. 1.6 billion in a 45 million isk destroyer. Thankfully <2 sec align and somewhat fast warp speed to get ahead of anyone. Count myself lucky someone missed out on a good gank opportunity, 11k ehp.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Well part of that was through low sec because CCP made part of the route betweeen Amarr and Jita lowsec again so you often get groups of people booster with near insta lock. The first time it happened I got popped in a <1 sec align hecate.

Anyway it worked so well I did it several more times. I had moved my stuff to high sec and just need to get to other end of high sec to tell because I didn't want to pay for a JF. 7 billion total after several trips. I don't know if the population is down or not, the new launcher I can't see the sever population anymore as I can only open part of it and it snaps to the edge hiding it even with snap in windows disabled.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Borzak

So much for plans. Was going to run the rest of my stuff to Jita and put on the market. Good thing I was in a low cost ship first. 180 second traffic control warping into perimeter. 4400 people in local. 7fps.

I finally got into the system and warped away very slowly and docked up. Didn't realise they were taking down the trade hubs today.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
So much for plans. Was going to run the rest of my stuff to Jita and put on the market. Good thing I was in a low cost ship first. 180 second traffic control warping into perimeter. 4400 people in local. 7fps.

I finally got into the system and warped away very slowly and docked up. Didn't realise they were taking down the trade hubs today.

Do people still transport items for a fee in Eve? When I played back in 2021, I always enjoyed trying to run them down when they'd warp into the LowSec perimeter areas.

Borzak

Do people still transport items for a fee in Eve? When I played back in 2021, I always enjoyed trying to run them down when they'd warp into the LowSec perimeter areas.

Yeah, some pretty large corps. The frogs. Red Frog and some other frog. One does high sec, and the other does null sec/low sec and there might be a third. So the XL citadels that were downed today were for industry and trade and there will be no more XL citadels after they died. It was only a matter of time once CCP decided to grandfather these and then no more.

The new Lancer dreadnaughts are made to counter jump freighters and they have a weapon to make them unable to warp, the Lance. I'm not sure how it works as it's very new.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, some pretty large corps. The frogs. Red Frog and some other frog. One does high sec, and the other does null sec/low sec and there might be a third. So the XL citadels that were downed today were for industry and trade and there will be no more XL citadels after they died. It was only a matter of time once CCP decided to grandfather these and then no more.

The new Lancer dreadnaughts are made to counter jump freighters and they have a weapon to make them unable to warp, the Lance. I'm not sure how it works as it's very new.

Won't that piss off a lot of people trying to move items from Null to High?

Borzak

From CCP. It kind of goes into the "it's not my problem" file.

"These ships will be equipped with new area-of-effect disruptive lance beam weapons derived from titans’ lance doomsdays that are designed to disrupt and manipulate the battlefield. This includes temporarily preventing a target from warping, tethering, using their jump drive, while also causing a 50% reduction in remote repair."

I don't know. I haven't really looked into T2 dreads or the new faction stuff they have put in. The cost as you would imagine is very high since it's new and after the industry changes caps are very very expensive and even pirate battleships are a billion isk or more now since they require ore, moon stuff, wh crap, and lots of PI. Shit got expensive. Maraurders got a huge buff and in a lot of ways they took the place of ratting with carriers. Carrier use is pretty dead now except for faxes. Maurader hull and dread hull are pretty close to the same price now since the industry change and everyone is flying maruarders now from pvp to ratting in high sec. They got a buff. I sold my 3 this week for 1.5b each for the hull.

Last edited:

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
From CCP. It kind of goes into the "it's not my problem" file.

"These ships will be equipped with new area-of-effect disruptive lance beam weapons derived from titans’ lance doomsdays that are designed to disrupt and manipulate the battlefield. This includes temporarily preventing a target from warping, tethering, using their jump drive, while also causing a 50% reduction in remote repair."

I don't know. I haven't really looked into T2 dreads or the new faction stuff they have put in. The cost as you would imagine is very high since it's new and after the industry changes caps are very very expensive and even pirate battleships are a billion isk or more now since they require ore, moon stuff, wh crap, and lots of PI. Shit got expensive. Maraurders got a huge buff and in a lot of ways they took the place of ratting with carriers. Carrier use is pretty dead now except for faxes. Maurader hull and dread hull are pretty close to the same price now since the industry change and everyone is flying maruarders now from pvp to ratting in high sec. They got a buff. I sold my 3 this week for 1.5b each for the hull.

How's the game been since the whole major faction saga sputtered out? Didn't it suffer a massive population drawdown because of it since so many people were burnt out?

Borzak

I think the population is up because a lot of people are into faction warfare now. You can join FW now without leaving your corp. I haven't done it but people are farming the hell out of it for LP and selling the stuff, been that way for a while.

As usual the game goes on regardless of what CCP actually does and such.

The test server is only up for special test now, ccp said they didn't like people testing the new release stuff early and having fits and such for them on day one.

Last edited:
  • 1Like