EVE Online

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fine sounds about right lol. They're good for what they are, somewhere to learn about the game. Learn what you can from them quickly while you figure out what area of the game you want to get into, then move on imo.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I dunno if shattered wormholes or w/e were around last time I played (2019) but I do remember people talking about going into them looking for gas as decent income. I've never run in to gankers in high sec really, altho I am a little paranoid about it as I was doing abyssals in my pricey stormbringer the last few days (started doing the soe epic last couple tho).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Finally did some larger scale stuff today in the form of pirate structure bashing? I'd never even heard of this nonsense before or had any idea such things existed, but it was pretty neat and some of the waves of pirate ships were pretty intense, full of battleships etc.

Payouts were pretty good too at 30m per structure destroyed and they were able to get through 6 of them in a couple hours.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider

Everyone logging in for that 7 days free omega apparently. Servers not handling it well.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Any of you Jita warriors explain how the market works to me? I sold a giga expensive item a bit ago:

sale-price.PNG

The weird part is though this sale price is super old? I had initially listed it at that price and then lowered it several times over the next day cause the market was collapsing:

listing-fees.PNG

So how the fuck did it sell for the original price after I paid all those broker fees to change my listing and lower the price?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm excited for Vanguard. Dust had so much potential but being console exclusive made no sense for the EVE community. They're doing a beta for a few days starting Dec.7, open to all omega accounts.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea conceptually Dust was super sweet

I have absolutely no idea why or how they ended up with PS3 exclusivity? Like holy shit how was there not one person involved in that process said stopped and said 'hey maybe making a console only FPS tied to a PC only title is an awful idea'

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hadnt even looked at it. Didnt care to ask what people were talking about in chat. Good to know theyre doing something and its PC, though. Still think they should do more WITHIN Eve, but w/e.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yea conceptually Dust was super sweet

I have absolutely no idea why or how they ended up with PS3 exclusivity? Like holy shit how was there not one person involved in that process said stopped and said 'hey maybe making a console only FPS tied to a PC only title is an awful idea'
Infinitely easier to stop cheating on PS3.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Man I remember years back getting a random invite to go out to Null with a noob friendly corp. I was a hi sec missioner who didn't do much of anything in game and said screw it. They were living all the way down in Period Basis and I ended up getting into scanning (these were before the revamp where you'd have to kill a spawn of ships and there was no mini game). They were allied with TEST back then who were in Fountain, and I remember carrying a couple billion in Capacitor consoles and other scan loot through their old jump bridge network multiple times to sell for top isk in Jita.

Never really got too involved with bigger fleet stuff, but was active on an off a couple of other times over the years. Was nothing like scanning down random sites and hitting like 300 mil worth of stuff in multiple boxes, though.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Took my own advice and rejoined up with horde recently, its a lot of fun out here, pretty much always some pvp to get into and good isk opportunities. Highly recommend it.

Just had a fun trip down to goonland, crazy good FC had us bouncing all over non stop picking people off.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Any of you greybeards check my math here before I make a decision? I got this character from an EQ guy who was done with the game: SkillQ.net - Kashadin

I don't really want to just swap to him full time for a bunch of dumb reasons like he isn't 'me', but also just trying to dive in to tech3 ships and marauders and stuff is just skipping too much buildup for me. So I'm thinking, either try and sell him on the bazaar and use the money to inject some SP to fill some gaps on my main guy, and fund a mining/industry alt, or just try and extract 50-60m SP from him out of stuff like gunnery/missiles/ewar/battleships/etc and strip him down to a more industry focused alt (basically keep most of his engineering/tank/mining/ORE ships etc) and then sell most of the injectors and eat a few on my main.

I guess the question really is how valuable is a whole pilot like this on the bazaar if he can't fly capitals or stuff like that? The extractors would cost ~42bn ISK for 100, and 100 injectors are worth ~85bn ISK currently so I'd be +40bn or so, minus however many I eat myself, and have a ~30m SP kinda-messy industry alt left over, vs getting ??? for him on the bazaar?