EVE Online

kismet_sl

shitlord
Devs did a couple roams yesterday due to EVEs 10 year anniversary (in Gnosis, Dominix that goes 4kms...). Char sheet did show something like 496 million SPs. Also the player run event (Flight of a thousand Rifters) went off, killing a Nyx worth ~24 Billion ISK (well not really killing as it was repped, but it self destructed and everyone can be happy about that Killmail); something like 2400~ people shot it. So many wrecks... FPS went down to like 8 and TiDi was of course maxed out. However, it didn't crash which is really impressive.
1000 Rifter - Nyx kill event was good fun. They should just call it "Fight of all the rifters" rather than "Flight of a 1000 rifters". The system was stable without Tidi at around 1600-1800 people. But once the shooting really started it got slow as more and more fleets showed up. By then the ~2400 people all just tagged the Nyx once to KM whore then started shooting each other. ~2400 frigates all shooting each other was an amazing sight to behold. PL showed up in a bunch of t2 logi and repped the Nyx until the massive furball had died down. Then the Nyx self destructed to make sure it died. Unfortunately, I lost my free sarum magnate (swagnate) at some point during the melee. After the main event, there were a number of fleet fights in Rahadalon that lasted a couple of hours as an after party. I even managed to whore onto a dev kill there (CCP Foxfour), though sadly not the pod. Lots of carnage is the only way to celebrate Eve's last decade and it has been fun so far.

Sidhe

<Banned>
It's 5:30am and I'm too tired to do a detailed writeup right now, but:

Lead GM Lelouch replied to my super-triple-escalated petition about the things I lost to role bugs during that scam

\o/ I'M GETTING REIMBURSED \o/

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That's the only game in the universe where the GM and devs will reimburse people whose scam failed...

Sidhe

<Banned>
That's the only game in the universe where the GM and devs will reimburse people whose scam failed...
You're probably right. But the key point is it failed due to bugs. As far as an in-character interpretation of events, assets were stolen from my corporation by a bug abuser. Most GMs in most games will reimburse that.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well, he essentially pulled off a "heist" and it was undone due to bugs. I'd hope they'd reimburse. I'm glad that they did.

Kadmoran_sl

shitlord
It's 5:30am and I'm too tired to do a detailed writeup right now, but:

Lead GM Lelouch replied to my super-triple-escalated petition about the things I lost to role bugs during that scam

\o/ I'M GETTING REIMBURSED \o/
Make sure you get your TheMittani story updated. You're a pillar of the community now, bringing this game breaking bug to light.

Also what's my cut!

Darshu_sl

shitlord
Jesus christ I hate the logistics around PVP deployments. At least I'm going home instead of being deployed in the north when I live in Tenerifis.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
It's buddy invite season again! So time to do what someone once did for me back in 2010.

If you'd like a 21 day trial for Eve, PM me your email address and I'll send you an invite. If you upgrade the trial account to a subscription, I will send you a fat chunk of ISK to get you started.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I wonder how this is going to affect the next expansion, Odyssey, which is supposed to go live tomorrow...