EVE Online

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For a second there I might have been worried the 4+ days left on my 2 week skill was going to run out

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's on steam currently for 5$ + month free and I'm thinking of picking it up just to pass the time. Probably not going to be too serious about it but I'm not sure yet.

Worth it?

BankBank_sl

shitlord
It's on steam currently for 5$ + month free and I'm thinking of picking it up just to pass the time. Probably not going to be too serious about it but I'm not sure yet.

Worth it?
your enjoyment of the game will be positively correlated with the amount of time you invest in the game. purchase accordingly.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider

Worth it?
You'll either love it or hate it most likely. IMO it's well worth the risk for $5. Join the FOH chat channel and start doing the starter tutorials.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I've played it on and off with the trials and friend invited over the last few the years, I enjoy it but I'm not going to be hardcore about it. I'll def get on in a few here

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
wStZKRo.jpg

Catching up on the latest drama was fun.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
wStZKRo.jpg

Catching up on the latest drama was fun.
Feel so out of the loop, had to look this up. I'd heard she had a link to her amazon.com wishlist on her youtube page, and thought, no, who the fuck actually begs for shit from strangers? And lo and behold, yep, it's true. Full of stupid girly shit too. Call me a misogynist, but I really can't see a guy doing that.

Too bad the thread was deleted, would help pass some time.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm getting a hang of it again pretty quickly since I've done this like 5 times in the last few years, lmao. What would be the best way to go about acquiring a better ship, straight up buying it?

I plan on focusing mainly on mining so I'm looking for a better mining ship.

kismet_sl

shitlord
What would be the best way to go about acquiring a better ship, straight up buying it?
Do all the tutorials. They will give you several ships and skillbooks for free. You are probably not ready to fly anything more shiny.

I plan on focusing mainly on mining...
Everyone can play the game as they please, but if your game time is primarily spent shooting space rocks to farm a ficiticous currency... it is no wonder you have never gotten into Eve. There are several groups that accept complete newbies and will let you skip to the fun part right away.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Eh, I like farming materials in any game. It's not like I'm only going to mine 100% of the time, but I enjoy it so I don't see the problem.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
The problem is time spent training mining related skills is time that isn't spent training skills that have a broader impact on every other aspect of EVE's gameplay. Mining is such an afk pigeonhole activity, not to mention some of the lowest isk/hour you can make in game, that it's quickly dropped by anyone who wants to get involved in other aspects of the game.

Sidhe

<Banned>
The problem is time spent training mining related skills is time that isn't spent training skills that have a broader impact on every other aspect of EVE's gameplay. Mining is such an afk pigeonhole activity, not to mention some of the lowest isk/hour you can make in game, that it's quickly dropped by anyone who wants to get involved in other aspects of the game.
Well, if you have access to proper nullsec the isk/hr is okay now, and is actually quite good in ice belts. But yes, the rest still applies. You train this stuff for mining and it does nothing for you anywhere else, and that is awful.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Eh, I've decided to just finish those first 10 missions for mining and then I'll probably do something else. I'm going to check out Exploration next then I don't know where to go from there, haha.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Exploration can take you lots of places, actually. Hisec and Lowsec plex running can be fun, and profitable. Lowsec plexing will teach you alot about situational awareness and some pvp. and of course, exploration can take you into wormhole space!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
your enjoyment of the game will be positively correlated with the amount of time you invest in the game. purchase accordingly.
I disagree. If you just keep investing more and more time into the game without bothering to find anything that is actually enjoyable (to you), then it's only a matter of time before you move on to something else.

EVE's single biggest hurdle still seems to be getting new players into parts of the game where things are actually "happening", rather than having players wander off in random directions to mine, mission, get ganked or just become completely lost.

Eh, I like farming materials in any game. It's not like I'm only going to mine 100% of the time, but I enjoy it so I don't see the problem.
The only person I know that enjoyed mining to any degree was a buddy of mine that would put a mining laser on an Indy, set it on a rock and then go watch his nightly TV shows with the wife. Every commercial break he'd come back to his computer to check on it but for the longest time that is the only thing he did in the game. Most/all of his mining skills ended up wasted because after a while he couldn't stand active mining anymore and he just AFK mined veld for like a year before he quit.