EVE Online

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
It will reduce their effectivness in PvP mostly. They'll still be able to knock anything out of space coming straight at you from XX km off.

Even though, I will admit I'm in agreement with people who argue that nerfing drones is a bad way to approach the problem of Ishtar being too powerful.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
It will reduce their effectivness in PvP mostly. They'll still be able to knock anything out of space coming straight at you from XX km off.

Even though, I will admit I'm in agreement with people who argue that nerfing drones is a bad way to approach the problem of Ishtar being too powerful.
It's not the Ishtar, it's sentry drones. The vanilla Dominix beats every other vanilla battleship at literally everything by miles. If you're shooting at targets further than about 25km away, it also beats every navy and pirate battleship at everything.

Dominix with bouncers does 371 dps at 71km optimal before damage mods. An Apocalypse with 8x Tachyon II and faction XRay does 349 DPS at this range. Of course, to actually fit 8x Tachyon II to an Apocalypse, you need two fitting mods and the guns alone consume 50 cap per second base, over 60 with a single heat sink. The Dominix's drones also have better tracking, despite the Apocalypse using the guns with the best tracking and having a tracking bonus on top of it. Dominix gets to have better stats with no cap use or fitting requirements. Railguns and artillery are even worse in comparison. The Dominix can also swap between long range sniping and close range DPS just by switching out drones, none of the other gun battleships can just arbitrarily switch from long range guns to short range guns.

Sentry drones absolutely need their damage nerfed by a straight 50% or there's no reason to ever use anything else.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's not the Ishtar, it's sentry drones. The vanilla Dominix beats every other vanilla battleship at literally everything by miles. If you're shooting at targets further than about 25km away, it also beats every navy and pirate battleship at everything.

Dominix with bouncers does 371 dps at 71km optimal before damage mods. An Apocalypse with 8x Tachyon II and faction XRay does 349 DPS at this range. Of course, to actually fit 8x Tachyon II to an Apocalypse, you need two fitting mods and the guns alone consume 50 cap per second base, over 60 with a single heat sink. The Dominix's drones also have better tracking, despite the Apocalypse using the guns with the best tracking and having a tracking bonus on top of it. Dominix gets to have better stats with no cap use or fitting requirements. Railguns and artillery are even worse in comparison. The Dominix can also swap between long range sniping and close range DPS just by switching out drones, none of the other gun battleships can just arbitrarily switch from long range guns to short range guns.

Sentry drones absolutely need their damage nerfed by a straight 50% or there's no reason to ever use anything else.
The way you put it, you make them useless for anything. Even PvE. Which makes the whole "Gallente" and their obsession with Drones, retarded. Sentries have their downsides as well though. They're not just this superior weapon you can use against anyone.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Sentries should have one good firing range and require fits that adjust it. Then you can carry around a mobile fitting depot to change it, which won't be very effective in moving fights. The four races could just have variations on alpha strike (high burst, long cooldown) vs. high dps (low burst, rapid fire).

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sounds like Slyminxy flies drone boats =P
He pointed out the good stuff. He failed to mention that your guns can't be separately targeted by the enemy and killed, they can't be smartbombed, bombed or otherwise incapacitated. Also, your guns are on your ship i.e. more mobile. Drones, especially sentries have to be picked up every time you want to move <2000m.

I rat with snakes and navy geddon. So yeah, I disagree with dick-brained ideas on nerfing everything just because someone likes to lick Fozzies asscrack every day. You need to take a step back and look at the whole picture, instead of nerf-batting whatever you don't like.

What Agraza suggested is more in line what I think should be done with Drones overall.

You want to counter large fleets with sentry drone warfare? Get yourself a bomber wing, that'll render all those sentries pretty much inert.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just resubbed recently to play with a few buddies. What's everyone up to? This thread seems dead. And is there a channel up still?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
According to people I speak with that still play, Eve is just feeling very dull atm. I only talk to nullsec people though.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Totally dull, yeah.

The CFC are attacking Providence, burning down Ihubs, taking SOV in some systems, but if some of them are here for the longterm, we'll see. Probably not though, so our fun will be curtailed. And I was looking forward to 24/7 hotdrop fleets operating in our home systems by us this time
wink.png

The FOH channel is up, mostly it's Flamm, Anna and myself in it, just pipe up, we don't bite.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep, CFC is going away, tails tucked in between their legs. CFC always runs away just as soon as the fun begins.

At least they learned a valuable lesson. Just because your illustrious leader thinks your war will have a certain effect on the target, doesn't mean it actually will. Listening to that Soundcloud of 48 minutes before the deployment I was thinking Mittens has Dellusions of Grandeur.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sorry, I was referring to the fact that he's been like this for quite a few years now haha He's a megalomaniac.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Mittens definitely isn't my favorite guy, but he's funny in his way. His show is boring though. That's a far worse crime than having an inflated self opinion.

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
Game is dying, let's find a new game to play.

edit: Also, lol at taking what the CFC does and says seriously. We just want content, plain and simple.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
You want content? Just go NRDS
wink.png
You'll be so busy beating content every day, you won't even have time to post about how awesome it is.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eve sure feels like it's in bad shape atm. For a long time it seemed immune to the whims of the general MMORPG market but recently peak users online have gone down to 2007-2008 levels. CCP has not been releasing information but based on what information is available EVE has lost about 25-30% of it's sub base since early 14. Personally, i have barely logged in since the sov changes a couple months ago, they made the game super boring in my eyes. Capital reblanace and the new Citadels might make things interesting again, but i don't think they will halt the downward trend for long.

Lots of old, entrenched alliance/corps are falling all of a sudden. This might have been a good thing but it seems most of these players go inactive, or join PL, snuff box, or Goons making the metagame even less interesting.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Things stagnated, they crippled jump movement then did a Tonya Harding to sov. Literally the exact opposite of incentive.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Things stagnated, they crippled jump movement then did a Tonya Harding to sov. Literally the exact opposite of incentive.
It's amazing how people complained for ages about sov. Yet they managed to put in a undeniably worse system...

Even other cool shit like Drifter incursions.. The incentive to do them instead of Sansa was 0 and they were so buggy they got removed from the game.. It's unreal how CCP has had these cool on-paper ideas lately and totally fucked the game by implanting them.