EVE Online

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah the f2p (alpha's they're called) is restricted to ships of their race no larger than cruiser, gain SP at 1/2 the rate of omegas (what everyone used to be, paid accounts), and restricted to 5 million SP and some other stuff like no cloaks and no cyno's for obvious alt reasons.

But get a referral code starting out from someone that plays, it's a decent amount of free SP. Not sure on the details but all of the streamers and even people in this thread have posted the stuff to give out referral codes. If you subscribe they get a free plex or something. But you get free SP out of the deal regardless if you subscribe or not.

Last edited:

Borzak

I wish I had been paying attention more. I undocked and I went right thru the ring of a Nestor. Looked like megatron going thru a big ring or hula hoop lol. Would have been a great screenshot.

Been skilled in the Kronos for a while and t2 on large hybrids. Never bought a Kronos for no reason. Got the skin so fit one. Lot more badass for PVE than I thought it would be. Stats wise it has less EHP and DPS by a large amount than my rattlesnake. But jeeze I really like it. Blop, can one shot ships up to battlecruier and 3-4 shot battleships. One shot firgates up to 10k range while running optimal range script and if I change out to tracking script no problem getting them down to about 1.5k and then drones.

I thought the bastion would be a pain in the ass being immobile, but the MJD with almost no delay is nice, jump, blop, jump , blop.

Novely hasn't worn off yet haha.

Last edited:

Wintermute

<Charitable Administrator>
I should sell my account because I don't play like I thought I was going to.

Anyone need/want a Nfalgr capable alt?

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
As someone who can't be bothered to get good at this game, and typically subs for a month every few years to run some L4 missions, I subbed again and found out wormhole space is a ton of fun. I can't say I even have 1 kill to my name and my character was made in 2006. Watched a couple WH exploration guides and had good success with 400k-6 mil heron fits. Then I built this and am operating well within the black as far as profits go. Even with cursory game knowledge people just stay away from me because I look scary, or can't get enough tackle on before I warp away. To anyone that wants to learn how to survive in lowsec/wh space I really recommend doing some exploration sites with throwaway herons and running this thing around when you get a feel for it. While it's not crazy profitable it's a pretty forgiving entry for learning.

[Prophecy, Simulated Prophecy3]
Warp Core Stabilizer II
Warp Core Stabilizer II
Warp Core Stabilizer II
Warp Core Stabilizer II
Warp Core Stabilizer II
Damage Control II
Signal Amplifier II

Relic Analyzer II
Data Analyzer II
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Initiated Compact Warp Disruptor

Core Probe Launcher I
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II

Medium Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
Medium Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I

Berserker SW-900 x2
Hammerhead II x5
Acolyte I x5
Vespa EC-600 x5

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16
Caldari Navy Mjolnir Heavy Assault Missile x500
Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Assault Missile x864

Last edited:

Borzak

You'll get more consistent payout if you can find a C3 with a null static and then only run holes you are connected to and not those in the C3 and go out to null in whatever wh you have at the time.

I did nothing but live in a C3 with a null static for 3 months or so, started living out of a mobile depot and finally upgraded to a POS. All I did was exploration and short breaks to haul the loot out. All solo. I play a lot more than the average player tho due to couple of reasons. Never cared for having to wait for X to form up to do whatever and such. In that 3 months I made a LOT of isk. I'm all paid up on my accounts via plex now for a long time, sank some isk into plex to hold it and now plex is coming back up to 1.2b, and am looking to buy a 2nd and possibly a 3rd account with isk, and paid for enough injectors till I hit the next bump of them not really being worth it anymore.

Started looking for a new WH this week, but every WH now seems to have a dozen or more citadels in it. Also tripwire tracking is borked at the moment due to a bug in the API ccp hasn't fixed. You can track while docked which really makes sens in a wormhole lol.

I generally avoid lowsec for a variety of reasons. It's amazing how empty a lot of places can be tho. Won a 600m battleship in null last week. Was going to bring it out via a wormhole but with the tripwire on the fritz I just flew it out. 40ish jumps thru Catch, Stain, and Providence in an unfit battleship and saw a grand total of 5 people in all 40 jumps. One bubble but nobody was in the sytem.

Last night I found a megathron at the warp into a wormhole. I watched for a while and apparently he was off and logged out. I boarded the megathron and he had no scanner and I had no mobile depot or I would have quickly traded my cov ops for it just for kicks.

Also at fanfest they had a talk and the t3c entered the discussions. Moving to 4 subsystems with 3 options for each subsystem. Fozzie mentioned that one of the subsystems would rely on something out of a wormhole system to build. No idea if that will come from drops, salvage (most probably) or hacking. Might be worth stockpiling some of it now to get ahead of it like the Elite Drone AI's when they introduced the excavator drones.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Remmy

Nice! I'm wondering if it will be a current WH resource, or if they will be adding value to Data sites.

Borzak

My streak of reading the tea lives correcly and hacking based a c3 into null and lately basing in high sec and hacking in null came to an end tonight. Normal run till my cargo filled up and at that time at 3am central time it's normally really quiet. I don't think I saw 2 players in a dozen systems.

Set destination to high sec to drop loot. Saw some kills in a low sec system but I was in a hurry and didn't stop short of the gate to scan it down. Smart bombed by a pair that had apparently been smart bombing from the list on zkill for upwards of 8 hours.

So that ended a 3+ month streak and a total of 72b in isk income. I bought a 2nd character with most of it before the changes.

I can't imagine sitting at a gate and smart bombing for 8 hours. Of course my interceptor only had like 2.5k ehp so it didn't take much , but ignoring bubbles is worth it. Got lazy, didn't lose much tho, only 250m. Good thing I didn't lose it on a good bp day, which I'm one of the few pro hackers that actually runs data sites but I got nothing else to do.

Got an invite to a null corp, haven't decided yet.

Borzak

Pretty cheap.

It's cheaper now to buy (or at least was when the patch came out) plex on steam if you bought large amounts than it was to buy it from CCP.

The market has gone full in on the upcoming T3C "rebalancing" as being a nerf. Prices on Tengu and Proteus (the only 2 I looked at) are now just about down to materials cost. I bought some of each to have them around and paid in bulk between 110m and 115m isk.

Last edited:

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
What in the fuck? 15,400 PLEX for $500? That's 30 plex to a dollar? What the hell is going on?

*3 min of googling*

Oh, a 500:1 split? Okay whatever.

Remmy

As a heads up you are apparently supposed to be psychic and not listen to CCP's directions when you attempt to sub. Also when you fail to get what you paid for when you listen to their instructions they are unwilling to fix the situation.

• Yesterday at 21:42
    When logged in as X i clicked on my profile and then clicked "upgrade to omega" which brought me to an external "you must log into steam to purchase a sub" link. I logged in, through the popup website and paid. The sub was then placed on an alt account 14804415. WHY WAS THIS DONE? WHY WAS I INSTRUCTED TO PAY THERE AND NOT GIVEN THE OPTION TO PLACE THE SUBSCRIPTION ON MY ACCOUNT!?

FIX THIS SHIT. I WANT THE FULL SUB ON MY MAIN ACCOUNT (X). Now I have to wait to actually play the game. Absolutely Ridiculous.

• 1f23f1a9b5f3773d8618b29250b19acd

GM EIDOLONToday at 10:45
    Hi, I'm GM Eidolon.

Thank you for contacting the EVE Online Customer Support. Unfortunately, we are unable to move payments made in Steam accounts to non-Steam EVE accounts. To pay for a subscription in your non-Steam account, please log in to your Account Management page and select Add Game Time in the Game Time tab.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Best Regards,
    GM Eidolon
    CCP Customer Support | EVE Online | EVE Valkyrie

• 1152694_128.jpg

Today at 11:33
    Give me a month on my main account or you have lost a customer permanently. Feel free to perma ban the alpha account that recieved the initial month payment time. I am unwilling to accept that you can do nothing when you FUCKING DIRECTED ME TO PAY THROUGH STEAM! FIX THIS SHIT, don't give me some weak canned response.

• 1Salty

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Your initial request was honestly like that? Lulz, because being a shit is a great way to get what you want.

If you knew your main account wasn't thru steam, I would have thought about it and logged in thru their account management page in a browser. Easy enough to guess if you have mixed accounts the client wouldn't know better. And like dealing with Google play store etc, the payment is outside their control.
Sure, good will they could have credited you, but appears you went in full deranged before letting them give you a bad answer. Many years ago I've gotten a few weeks game time when just thinking about resubbing by being courteous.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Remmy

It's not my job to whipe ccp's ass. GO fuck yourself sludig. Don't be an apologist for shitty business behavior.

• GM EIDOLONToday at 14:00
    Hi again,

I apologize if you find my last reply unsatisfactory. Unfortunately, we are unable to move Omega time from a Steam account since we lack access to their billing systems. I'm sorry for not being able to provide further assistance.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Best Regards,
    GM Eidolon
    CCP Customer Support | EVE Online | EVE Valkyrie

• 1152694_128.jpg

JIM BEANToday at 14:15
    You have just stolen money from me. I'm not asking you to move anything. I'm offering a solution of banning that account and giving it to the account it was intended for. THIS IS A SOLUTION I SHOULDNT EVEN HAVE TO BE OFFERING. I FOLLOWED YOUR FUCKING INSTRUCTIONS. I CLICKED SUB TO OMEGA IN GAME AND YOU GAVE ME A POPUP WHERE I PROVIDED FINANCIAL INFORMATION AND WAS CHARGED MONEY FOR A SERVICE. YOU ARE FUCkING STEALING FROM ME. GIVE ME AN EXPLANATION AS TO WHY YOU THINK THIS IS ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR.

Sludig

I thought Eve was a game for smart people not raging trailor trash. I'm sorry about the inbred retardation bro.

Also lol at the exact explanation from them i just said.

Now quit like you said or stop crying because you can't internet.

YOU STOLEEEEE,,, reeeeeee . Best laughs today even better than the twitch whore getting outed.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Remmy

In what way am i "retarded"? I followed their instructions to pay for my account. Due to their shitty steam integration it didnt go through. That's my fault? What the fuck is wrong with you?

White knight cuck spotted imo.

Sludig

I dont even play, i come for the exciting interstellar drama. Was pleasantly suprised with something funnier.

Numb nuts, request steam refund. Worst case scenario chargeback. Best case kill yourself.

• 1Salty

Remmy

Sooo... you are a sub par gamer that is ok with companies stealing from their customers. High class individual, glad to have you on FOH.