EVE Online

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Odd things are happening in Eve. Goons threw 1,000 Ravens at a keepstar being anchored 4 or 5 times and the last one anchored in Delve uncontested. Price of Ravens now is more than double what it was earlier in the year, up to 230-250m isk. Lots of talk about how many minerals it took to lose a 1,000 ravens multiple times, plus all the ore changes now. I bought a stock of porposises before the mineral change. Starting to pay off now selling for 125m isk :)

Patch next week dictors will be able to launch a probe that aoe webs for 30 seconds. So why not web your entire fleet and help them warp off?

Borzak

Jita got it's undock turned around. Line of fast frigates burning out of 4-4 to make a new bookmark for undock. Also Goons have lost 2 constellations in Delve and were moving caps out of 1DQ to better prepare to defend 1DQ.

Attachments

• k7j7go65qey51.png
    k7j7go65qey51.png
    967.9 KB · Views: 57

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, i got tricked into resubbing my last account right before the m2 fight. That was fucking crazy, I was in a Nyx on the papi side. We killed Dread after dread after dread. I remember thinking "were killing like a dread every few seconds of real time. yet even this is only a small part of the battle and i have no idea if we are winning" It was nuts.

Second battle was a disaster when servers basically died from 6000 people trying to jump into a system with 5k already in it. My nyx is still logged off in m2 and i just said fuck it and gave account to a friend.

Lots of people shitting on test for jumping into that system. But, it would have been by far the most epic fight in online gaming history had it worked. We always used to rag on the big wigs for never taking chances in a huge fleet battle when the result was anything but certain. Now they actually do and everyone eviscerates them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Last I heard 350 titans destroyed or trapped with no way out now. Not counting supers. CCP wanted chaos and more destruction.

• 1Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some got out already i know.

idk, we shall see. just a shame servers died cause that woulda been the fight weve been waiting a decade + for.

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lots of people shitting on test for jumping into that system. But, it would have been by far the most epic fight in online gaming history had it worked. We always used to rag on the big wigs for never taking chances in a huge fleet battle when the result was anything but certain. Now they actually do and everyone eviscerates them.
Was dumb of them to think that the servers could handle anything even remotely close to that many players in one system, let alone thousands of others in the staging systems.

I avoid all mega TIDI-shitfest fights now, fuck that.

Bronze Condor

Trakanon Raider
I've heard about Eve online for the last 2 decades and avoided it.

Should I try it out?

Is it possible to play/enjoy the game without getting stuck in the batphone culture?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I've heard about Eve online for the last 2 decades and avoided it.

Should I try it out?

Is it possible to play/enjoy the game without getting stuck in the batphone culture?
Plenty of things to do, depends on you if you'll enjoy them. Batphone culture is just what the game mostly is in the high-stakes pvp world, but there's plenty of places to go where they are fairly lenient about attendance and more casual people can make it by. I always found ganking people as a solo operator to be the most enjoyable form of play. It requires a hard will, no fear, and extreme perseverance to make a living in eve like that. If you're good enough, corps will take you on and even fund you sometimes because they like people that are just annoying to work against. If you have extreme autism you can get into logistics and reach the high end of logistics play and avoid batphone culture as well.

The biggest thing to being successful in eve is you have to squash your natural fears. The game does a lot to make you scared, and it's very easy to fall into the trap of "I'll just power up here in high sec some more." and never escape. Slap guns on your shit ship and find some people who will blast nerds with you. Make those creds stretch as much as you can. Learn to get by on bad ships and bad gear.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Plenty of things to do, depends on you if you'll enjoy them. Batphone culture is just what the game mostly is in the high-stakes pvp world, but there's plenty of places to go where they are fairly lenient about attendance and more casual people can make it by. I always found ganking people as a solo operator to be the most enjoyable form of play. It requires a hard will, no fear, and extreme perseverance to make a living in eve like that. If you're good enough, corps will take you on and even fund you sometimes because they like people that are just annoying to work against. If you have extreme autism you can get into logistics and reach the high end of logistics play and avoid batphone culture as well.

The biggest thing to being successful in eve is you have to squash your natural fears. The game does a lot to make you scared, and it's very easy to fall into the trap of "I'll just power up here in high sec some more." and never escape. Slap guns on your shit ship and find some people who will blast nerds with you. Make those creds stretch as much as you can. Learn to get by on bad ships and bad gear.
Thank you Furry! Posted under a username I didn't know I had. I'm going to give it a shot, I know sand box MMOs tend to be rough but that's the fun. Can't wait to get raped & scammed.

Borzak

Can play for free as an alpha to see if you like it or not. Remember, ships are ammo. Also, CCP documents things in game very very very shitty. Find a corp to join, or spend a lot of time googling and fucking around. Also ask your corp, or one of the in game help channels often. The game has been around so long with so many changes/patches through the years you might look something up and it's out of date X number of years ago.

Eve Uni has a wiki that I think they keep up to date, or supposed to keep up to date.

Borzak

They're trying the titan bust out now in Delve. Last I saw Goons lost 1 titan for every 50 dreads they killed that were dropped on them. I think they were doing it 100 dreads at a time. No idea on how many titans got out yet. Surprised the server didn't crash. Extended downtime in the morning.

Early word is they got 130 of 330 titans out leaving the rest for now and lost 300+ dreads.

Last edited:

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Lol... I'm old enough to remember when Titans were released and they were supposed to be so expensive and difficult to build there would only ever be a handfull of them in the game and if you saw one it would be like: "Oh man! I just saw a Titan! Epic!!" ... those were the days :D

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

Yeah remember when they first came out they had graphics showing they were carved out of a planet or whatever. At this rate they'll go to the super giant titans that are supposed to be as big as a system and such. I don't know anything about them but people talk about them in lore discussions. Probably couldn't warp before downtime rolled around if you started at server up lol.

Day one pilots can see titans now in high sec. Just outside the station in amarr and at the princess deal in amarr there's a review of all the capitals in a large group of them.

The only thing unbuildable now that I know of is that one citadel that would require several alliances and several years of PI to build for not a lot of gain other than bragging rights.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
At this rate they'll go to the super giant titans that are supposed to be as big as a system and such. I
I want them to use Shkadov drives!

(basically, you do half a Dyson sphere around a sun, and use the resultant asymmetric solar wind and light pressure as a reaction to propel your entire solar system around)

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
IIRC when the first Titan ever went "pop" it was such a momentous event that they were talking about making Titan wrecks permanent obects in space with beacons so you could warp there and look at them. Glad they never implemented that! :D

• 1Worf

Borzak

IIRC when the first Titan ever went "pop" it was such a momentous event that they were talking about making Titan wrecks permanent obects in space with beacons so you could warp there and look at them. Glad they never implemented that! :D

First one is still there. Steve I think. But the chaos era CCP woke up one day and decided that too many resrouces were being harvested/mined and such. Gee like the players exploited something. Had nothing to do with Rorqs and capital mining drones and endless mining anoms. Nah, only took 3 years for them to wake up.