EVE Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I went to the first CCP fanfest in 2004. They had Quafe then too. Re-bottled a really shitty Icelandic energy drink that was undrinkable. Hopefully they've changed marketing partners now.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Found out about EvE Echoes, the EVE Online adaptation for mobile:

(made by the guys who distribute the PC version for China - Netease)

Looks like its a slightly simplified copy of the original, with the same type of F2P/P2P model.

Meester

Trakanon Raider
(made by the guys who distribute the PC version for China - Netease)

Looks like its a slightly simplified copy of the original, with the same type of F2P/P2P model.

I see its got some unique Yan Jung stuff which is lore in eve online but not an actual ship flying faction ala Blood Raiders and co. Apart from that it has nothing to attract me to it. Reinstalled EVE Online just so I can piss on the Caldari Triglavian wise and be 'involved' again. I have always enjoyed taking part in the lore aspect, in-fact it is my main reason for playing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Anyone here have the inside scoop on the big war going on? I got an email asking me to rejoin for what was described as the largest war in Eve's history.

Meester

Trakanon Raider
Anyone here have the inside scoop on the big war going on? I got an email asking me to rejoin for what was described as the largest war in Eve's history.

The pubbies are at the gates [PanFam and Legacy], they want to burn Delve to the ground and exterminate the Goon menace. PanFam have been burning Goon citadels in Fountain and Legacy are trying to get Period Basis and are deep in Querious.

The horn of Goondor has been summoned and The Mittani is prepared to sacrifice every Goon cap to burn the invaders.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
The pubbies are at the gates [PanFam and Legacy], they want to burn Delve to the ground and exterminate the Goon menace. PanFam have been burning Goon citadels in Fountain and Legacy are trying to get Period Basis and are deep in Querious.

The horn of Goondor has been summoned and The Mittani is prepared to sacrifice every Goon cap to burn the invaders.
I haven't played since we won Delve and moved all my stuff. it was indeed the Horn of Goondor. A full decade since I signed in; I remember almost nothing about the game, I am going to have to recompile the kernel. Game looks great, in 4k, though. I have reading to do.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Not sure who PamFam or Legacy are, but sounds like they are doing God's work.

Meester

Trakanon Raider
Not sure who PamFam or Legacy are, but sounds like they are doing God's work.

It depends on your point of view. It could be seen that whoever loses, EVE wins.

PanFam - Pandemic Legion, Pandemic Horde and NC [ex-BoB+].
Legacy - TEST, Brave, Botting Russians and assorted groups.

Together they are called PAPI. But I hope Legacy loses because they took the Russian botmasters in.

• 1Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Truth. In wars this large, there are no "good guys", especially looking at who's on the other side of it.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Final phase of ore redistribution announced. Trit only in high sec coming up. Some only in null and some only in low.

I should have stocked up on Orcas to sell off, that and catalyst.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Very interesting. As an old school filthy carebear miner I wrote on the Eve forums ages ago (early days, 2003-4) about ways to improve mining and ore. If I could only be bothered I might even get back, but alas, I can't be arsed. Thanks for posting this though.

Borzak

They lowered the number of anoms and amount of ore in them, separated out the ore types by security types, rorq mines less now. Going to be interesting to see how this works out or if industrialsist just say nope. Not to mention high sec is stratified now with major road blocks of invasion systems you sure aren't going to take an Orca through. I got popped in one in my hecate with implant that has a <1 sec align. Instalock boosted gate camp. I went back to null and wormholes in my normal interceptor. Invasion system between Jita and Amarr, Black Rise is cut off from Jita. I guess CCP wants each region to stand on its own which is going to be real hard with all of the above. If I had the isk I would be buying every orca I could in different regions to keep for the null alliances that are obviously going to have to mine in high sec. And oh yeah NPC miners can suck a belt clean minutes after downtime is over.

Odd that such a potentional large shake up could include high sec mining.

88xgfsl6sbp51.png

Last edited:

Borzak

Laugh my ass off if we see the return of battleship miners in high sec with of course orcas and people salvaging and reprocessing wrecks lol.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
What about ore in missions? IIRC you could get significant ore deposits, even low sec ore in high sec space, from some kill missions.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Laugh my ass off if we see the return of battleship miners in high sec with of course orcas and people salvaging and reprocessing wrecks lol.
I still have my original Apoc from 2003. Damn I mined a lot of ore in that back in the day.

Borzak

What about ore in missions? IIRC you could get significant ore deposits, even low sec ore in high sec space, from some kill missions.

Don't know. The interesting ones are the ones in low sec only now. High sec good chance people mine that and sell it on the market. Null the alliances can handle their own. Low sec in a lot of ways is the most unsafe area to be mining. Goes in sometime mid October. The joke now is you can get plenty of trit by reprocessing your rorq.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Been quite a while since I logged into regular Eve Online - downloaded/installed it, logged on and noticed only 23k users online? Which, iirc, people have multiple accounts, even myself playing Eve Echoes, I have three accounts doing different things. So in a way, Im kind of curious how many people still actively subscribe to Eve Online the old fashion way using money.

Borzak

3 real people. The rest alts or bots. Fewer players than there used to be. Also mid week is the slump in players, also European time the big bump of the day. By US prime time the numbers drop off. By downtime sometimes down to 17k to 20k.

Come weekend will peak out at just over 30k probably. The real question is how many of those players pay to play or have ever paid to play the game.

Last edited: