EVE Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Well they have new owners. Also lot of pop ups in game for micro transactions now. If you die a pop up comes up suggesting you buy a $5 pack of SP or whatever it is to "up your game". In other news while semi afk 1.3b payout on 5/10 4 jumps from Jita lol. Best money making ever. High sec dudes run den anoms and can't do the 5/10 high sec escelations. I buy them for 20m each and guaranteed 43m payout for the OPE + loot drops which are pretty nice at times, this time 1.3b for 20 minutes semi afk. Double bonus had concord station in system to sell off my OPE :)

If the current war gets to a final end they're going to have 10k or more trying to fight in system, internet may go down from the power drain.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Well they have new owners. Also lot of pop ups in game for micro transactions now. If you die a pop up comes up suggesting you buy a $5 pack of SP or whatever it is to "up your game". In other news while semi afk 1.3b payout on 5/10 4 jumps from Jita lol. Best money making ever. High sec dudes run den anoms and can't do the 5/10 high sec escelations. I buy them for 20m each and guaranteed 43m payout for the OPE + loot drops which are pretty nice at times, this time 1.3b for 20 minutes semi afk. Double bonus had concord station in system to sell off my OPE :)
I miss guaranteed null sec anoms. Last I looked they are still there, just worthless. There was a bug for scanning them down where you could start a scan, drop a new probe and then start a new scan and when your first scan finished you got tons of results. Basically guaranteed to scan any site down in under a minute. The way CCP made those statics, you often only needed to kill one specific npc to advance to the next area, or sometimes not even one.

Most people brought in 3-4 BS's to fight these sites, the sites often had rooms with 20-40 BS and support ships, included some fortresses/named targets mixed in. After I figured out you can skip everything I often brought in just two cruisers. One stabber that was set up for max afterburner speed, and one ishkur set up to run in and do rape DPS once the decoy had their attention. Dropped A-tier guristas loot.

Could run it about 7-15 times an hour depending on luck. Eventually me and another guy got in a pissing match over it for a few months. They respawned immediately after despawning but you could afk a ship in the site and prevent it's despawn. Many smartbomb battleships and cloaked nonsense was flung at each other, but even if it worked once, me or him would get in and lock it down. After a wild I let him pay protection money to have me stop bothering. 10b or something a month for a while, but then they got fixed.

Borzak

I think they scaled back the amount of escelations in other space types. I'm not 100% sure but it got harder to get 5/10's to make money on from other players. Looked at the nullifier you can fit, can fit to interceptors, cov ops, industrials, and a few other things. Haven't seen a killmail in quite a while of a bunch of plex, vault killed it off but lasted for a while after. A while back on reddit someone posted a kill mail of a kronos maraurder and they had t1 shit for tank and lasers fited and no bastion module. LOL. Yeah maraurders took a nerf, bastion has less ECM resist now and of course hulls went to 2.5b.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, CCP have had a track record of not thinking things through since the start. I remember one of the first (if not THE first) big patch, Exodus, back in 2004 when they put in Battleship and high end cruiser spawns into null sec. The theory was that there would be an "exodus" of players from high sec to null sec to go fight them, but they tuned the new rats so high that all the null sec players got ganked by these BS rats (remember, the game was less than a year old at the time and no-one had high skill points), so the "exodus" turned out to be people fleeing null sec for high. If you opened up the "players active" map a couple of days after the patch hit, Null was all but devoid of players.

Now, as a long time high sec carebear miner, (well, I was, haven't played Eve to any extent in years), I was talking about the need to re-do mining (and writing posts about it on the forums) for the first few years in Eve. I wanted to remove all static belts and replace them with a dynamic system. The way I saw it, each system in game would get two "ore classification ratios". One being "amount" and the second being "rarity". But they would also interact with each other based on the amount mined in the system over a given period (say, 1 week). It would work something like this:

Say you had an 0.5 system with 10 belts in Minmatar space that spawned Veld, Scor, Plag and Omber under the old system. Now, under the old system, if you strip mined all the belts one day, they would respawn with small volume roids the next day after DT. If you kept on strip mining them you'd only get baby roids in all the belts, but if no-one mined them for a day they would start growing. Under the new system instead of 10 static belts, you'd have something like 6-14 belts spawn of varying size, but collectively containing a certain total "amount" based on the previous system. Let's just say for this system it would be 1 million m3 of ore just for argument's sake. But, let's say you strip mine that system every day for a week or so. The system would remember that and keep decreasing the the amount spawned until it reached a certain floor, say 250-500 k m3 and 1-4 belts (or sites) each DT. The quality would also decrease, the more you mined the lower the ratio of omber and even plag you got until they even stopped spawning. Now, the reverse would be, that if this same system was not strip mined but only lightly (or not at all) mined, the amount and quality of the ore spawned each DT would go up to a certain threshold, say 2-3 million m3. Jaspet and other more valuble ore could also spawn, though maybe not in large quantities. Since this would all be dynamic, it would be easy for CCP to add an "eve" or "region" wide modifier too that could be changed each DT depending on daily market conditions. Hell, if you had a 1.0 system that no-one mined for weeks I'd say you could end up finding low sec ore there, and equally, if you had an 0.0 system that was stripmined daily for weeks it would end up only spawning Veld and Scor and maybe a few Plag. The point would be to create incentive to explore nearby systems. To make systems far from stations (and thereby not mined as much) more lucrative, and to clear out congested systems.

I'd also change what ships could mine. I'd remove all mining drones, and remove mining lasers (i.e. the original miners, not the spheres used on Mining Barges). The only ships that could actually extract ore from roids would therefore be T1 and T2 mining barges, the noob mining frigates, and the noob ships (like the Ibis). Capital mining ships would be reduced to what they once were supposed to be, glorified support ships and haulers. They could probably still fit mining gang modules, but in a reduced capacity.

Food for thought, but hey, I no longer play this game so what do I care.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

The capital mining ship at first was supposed to be no more off grid boosting. That morphed into a massive shift in mining and TONS of injecting into the ability to fly them. Pretty sure they were done in the same patch, funny how that works.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Capital mining ships were supposed to give more incentive and higher risk vs. reward ratio for having capitals in belts/anoms, mostly because you could no longer boost from safety of POS shields.

But they didn't do the math right and ore mined kinda of tripled once the potential was realized. Mining barges became obsolete over night.

BLOPS teams were bragging how their whaling teams were killing off rorquals but let's face it, a fully decked out Rorqual paid back for itself in roughly 3 days. And the larger coalitions had whole fleets of those raking in ores by the quadrillions.

The only thing mining barges were good for in Nullsec, was mining Nocxium, which couldn't be Rorqual mined as far as I remember.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

The war that's been going for more than a year to push Goons out of Delve is officially over. Goons stay and have now turned against Test and possibly some others. Got pretty close, down to one constellation but couldn't compete against multiple keepstars in a system with cyno jammers in place. The Perimited keepstar TTT (Tranquality Trading Tower) is now apparently taking a big hit in high sec since CCP cut the sales tax and fees for the empires which includes Jita in the next system.

Not my cup of tea but think it would be very hard to put down a keepstar in high sec with no capitals allowed.

Borzak

CCP doing CCP things. Don't worry with logging in again, ever. They had another new coder do the entire UI. It's almost impossible to set up a training queue. They left out the ability to see how much SP is required for the skill in entirety, you just have to take their word on it and guess. It's finally oder, it's that bad. Apparently CCP only plays the game and codes for it on 40" plus monitors.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
CCP doing CCP things. Don't worry with logging in again, ever. They had another new coder do the entire UI. It's almost impossible to set up a training queue. They left out the ability to see how much SP is required for the skill in entirety, you just have to take their word on it and guess. It's finally oder, it's that bad. Apparently CCP only plays the game and codes for it on 40" plus monitors.
They managed to make the UI worse? How the fuck.

Borzak

Character sheet now is your full length character portrait for 2/3 of the screen. You can't drag and drop skills into your queue. You have to go through a skill plan of noobie shit to even get there. After that I logged out, look again in a few months/years.

It's like it's made for a mobile game on one screen or something. They never look at the steam deals that show a majority of players are still at 1080p. It's bad. I quit 2 minutes in. This was supposed to be a great thing for new players that was going to help them a lot LOL LOL LOL. They wonder why people last minutes in the game never to come back.

But hey this patch they are getting rid of scarcity with mining and shit. Pro Tip, if you can survive the UI you can have lots of shit. You and one other bot.

You can't resize the multitude of windows that are involved now with the character sheet UI. You can "hide" the massively large full body portrait if you follow an in depty video someone posted that you have to jump through a dozen hoops. But it's new player friendly. Resizing some of the windows that you can actually resize now resizes the entire game screen. Some can be resized, some can't. Some can docked on top of each other. Others can't.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Borzak

Clicking the clone bay icon in station opens a UI which is no way has the ability to effect your clone. Business as usual.

Maul

Dental Dammer
I logged in after 5 years and cant even gate to all of my shit that I had for running missions for caldari navy. Fuck knows what happened, just cant plot a course to the station.

Need a way to make cash as well, I never really got to try wormholes or anomalies, too scared to undock most of the time!

Borzak

I logged in after 5 years and cant even gate to all of my shit that I had for running missions for caldari navy. Fuck knows what happened, just cant plot a course to the station.

Need a way to make cash as well, I never really got to try wormholes or anomalies, too scared to undock most of the time!

Part of highsec was hoovered up into a separate region in wormhole space. That's why there's now a lowsec system between Jita and Amarr. I think the new region wtih triglavians in wormhole space gets very very little use except for a few that live there. One you get a standing hit against them you are then KoS to them even in high sec. Same goes for Edencom which is kind of like Concord. They oppose each other and if you dick around and kill the wrong thing you're then KoS not only in the new region but can be in highsec from edencom forces.

The new region. If your stuff ended up there you have to figure out a way to fly it back to known space, either a wormhole or a filament that opens to known space.

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
the devs with the simplest design mandate managed to repeatedly shit into their own eyes constantly by the sounds of it.

• 1Like

Borzak

I've seen some players that were gone when the region split off if you were gone long enough to petition to have your stuff moved to known space. But I've also heard others say they petitioned and the said no. Worth a try I guess.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Part of highsec was hoovered up into a separate region in wormhole space. That's why there's now a lowsec system between Jita and Amarr. I think the new region wtih triglavians in wormhole space gets very very little use except for a few that live there. One you get a standing hit against them you are then KoS to them even in high sec. Same goes for Edencom which is kind of like Concord. They oppose each other and if you dick around and kill the wrong thing you're then KoS not only in the new region but can be in highsec from edencom forces.

The new region. If your stuff ended up there you have to figure out a way to fly it back to known space, either a wormhole or a filament that opens to known space.

Fuck my life then, I have a Golem, Rattlesnake and a couple of Ishtars stuck out there!

• 1Rustled

Maul

Dental Dammer
Can anyone show me a decent way to make some isk now? I used to do a mix of level 4s and 5s, years ago I used to belt rat in 0.0 down in the south before that huge alliance down there was destroyed. I see people making billions a day but I'm so out of touch with the game now that I'm honestly lost, have about 50 million SP and can fly almost anything upto battleship size (carrier was always my dream!).

I got my rattlesnake out via those filament things but it shot me 30 jumps into null and my arsehole was twitching the entire way, especially when there was a gate camp at one I tried to get past, had a MWD fitted and luckily it allowed me to escape somehow before i ended up putting a toaster in the bath after I get prodded.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Gas/Ore mining in Low Sec/WH space I believe is still very profitable.
Sounds like a 100% likely way to increase my blood pressure from stress levels due to chance of being wrecked by blackops

• 1Solidarity

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like a 100% likely way to increase my blood pressure from stress levels due to chance of being wrecked by blackops
Basically - it's happened to me when I wasn't paying attention to local in our controlled lowsec. WH space isn't bad if you can find a shattered hole because of the ice belts. The gas in low sec is gravy :)