EVE Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like a 100% likely way to increase my blood pressure from stress levels due to chance of being wrecked by blackops

What sort of returns an hour can you expect from something like this?
Venture is one of, if not the lowest mining ship iirc. I find Mining to be god awful boring, so maybe trying a venture first is the way to go. If you dont mind it, get reestablished with corps and work your way up to the bigger ships that can wipe out entire fields in one trip. Venture isnt going to make you the money you're looking for, but those bigger ships will get you well on your way.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Venture is one of, if not the lowest mining ship iirc. I find Mining to be god awful boring, so maybe trying a venture first is the way to go. If you dont mind it, get reestablished with corps and work your way up to the bigger ships that can wipe out entire fields in one trip. Venture isnt going to make you the money you're looking for, but those bigger ships will get you well on your way.
Ideally I'd want to be making at least 250mil per play session, I have a ton of ships all over the place so maybe those new escalations are the way to go? I've tried scanning down anomalies (I have a couple of asteros and the cruiser versions also), a tengu somewhere, dominix etc, but I need some solid cash generation so I can get to the point where I dont care if these ships are crushed.

My fucking clone with full crystal implants is trapped in trig space too, need 3.0 standing to get it!

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
lol Jesus. Sad to see my first MMO go to shit, but I guess that is the way of all MMOs. You wither close the servers while you're still good or you live long enough to have the devs turn the game to shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiki

Log Wizard
venture is great, because you will make more money than the ship is worth, and if you get caught in a wormhole or lowsec and blow up it's not a big deal. Plus you can align out before they can even target you since you are in a frig. You of course can upgrade to better ships depending on your risk/reward preference. I used to do c4 gas mining in a venture and it was great. If you have a 2nd person they can haul the loot. Salvaging was also pretty good in wormholes.

As far as prices, it's been years so I can't help you there. I think I was making 80 mil or something a site, but my memory is fuzzy on that one. I moved to capital escalations, and only gas mined during slow times with no pvp.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
About the same time they started scarcity with mining and shit CCP also reduced escelations that came from anomolies. Not 50%, but I've seen enough people mention it to know there's something there. You know Eve players someone runs 2,000 sites and makes a spreadsheet with how many escelations in different types of space and such. CCP woke up one day and looked at the data for a change and said "too much stuff entering the economy". That was that.

I did a lot of other things but my goto to make money has been the same for a long time. It's withered down to next to nothing. But 5/10 escelations from people in high sec that have no hope of running them, or have tried once and are now all about sell sell sell. Paid 20m isk each and minimum return was 43m OPE + about 12m in bounties, plus all that loot which varies from nothing to getting 2 back to back made over 1 billion on. That's all gone now so I rarely log in and will spend some of my plex when things change.

Borzak

CCP has totally jumped the shark. Been flirting with it for a while.
Released catch up packages if you've been away for a long time from Eve. $1000 gets you 50m SP. Comes in various sizes.

Guess that means my main with 110mSP I can now RMT it for $2000 right?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
CCP has totally jumped the shark. Been flirting with it for a while.
Released catch up packages if you've been away for a long time from Eve. $1000 gets you 50m SP. Comes in various sizes.

Guess that means my main with 110mSP I can now RMT it for $2000 right?
So, for me to come back and enjoy the game, I would have to spend $1,000.00? That is not how you get players to come back.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

I'm not playing anymore and likely never will again. Just curious to see how CCP was going to fix the year long fuckup they worked themselves into it. They doubled down on it lol.

This week "the end" of scarcity. 200% in mining asteroid ore on down the line. Oh but wait. T1 mining modules cause mining waste. Doesn't come out of your mining yield, comes out of the asteroid/moon you are mining. It scales so that T2 modules result in no loss. So for T1 nothing has changed for you personally but the ore where you are mining magically just disappears.

That's a HUGE draw for recruiting new players I'm telling you. Let a nullsec corp recruit new players that will magically reduce their amount of ore to be mined to half. LOL. Can see the recruitment posters now, new players welcome to XYZ corp in nullsec. No mining allowed until you have X SP.

Oh and they nerfed Rorqs and Orcas with Rorqs being part of the core problem to begin with. Jita protest currently but that seems so last decade ago at this point. It's like black Friday sales where the price went up on the item the week before.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Borzak

Orcas and porpoises got compression for ores.
Good old CCP. 2 barges can outmine what an Orca can compress and it takes freaking forever.. Mining is beyond fucked/fubar now. And it also creates waste. So the mined stuff you are compressing equals the same, but a large percentage of what you compress now gets erased out of the ore available in the system.

• 1Worf

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Orcas and porpoises got compression for ores.
Good old CCP. 2 barges can outmine what an Orca can compress and it takes freaking forever.. Mining is beyond fucked/fubar now. And it also creates waste. So the mined stuff you are compressing equals the same, but a large percentage of what you compress now gets erased out of the ore available in the system.

It's insane that not only is the real world falling apart, but virtual worlds are too, lol.

• 1Solidarity

Maul

Dental Dammer
I'm not playing anymore and likely never will again. Just curious to see how CCP was going to fix the year long fuckup they worked themselves into it. They doubled down on it lol.

This week "the end" of scarcity. 200% in mining asteroid ore on down the line. Oh but wait. T1 mining modules cause mining waste. Doesn't come out of your mining yield, comes out of the asteroid/moon you are mining. It scales so that T2 modules result in no loss. So for T1 nothing has changed for you personally but the ore where you are mining magically just disappears.

That's a HUGE draw for recruiting new players I'm telling you. Let a nullsec corp recruit new players that will magically reduce their amount of ore to be mined to half. LOL. Can see the recruitment posters now, new players welcome to XYZ corp in nullsec. No mining allowed until you have X SP.

Oh and they nerfed Rorqs and Orcas with Rorqs being part of the core problem to begin with. Jita protest currently but that seems so last decade ago at this point. It's like black Friday sales where the price went up on the item the week before.
Contract me a few billion so I can enjoy myself!

Borzak

Contract me a few billion so I can enjoy myself!
Sure thing let me jump right on that. Oh wait lol. All my isk is tied up into stuff waiting for CCP to quit dicking around and get back to their regular ass self. Seriously considering liquidating and just RMT'ing.

At least on Sisi server Enurance and Prospect no longer have mining bonuses. No idea what the point of them would be. Ships with lots of high slots on Sisi out mine gas better than the speciality frigates made for them.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Sure thing let me jump right on that. Oh wait lol. All my isk is tied up into stuff waiting for CCP to quit dicking around and get back to their regular ass self. Seriously considering liquidating and just RMT'ing.

At least on Sisi server Enurance and Prospect no longer have mining bonuses. No idea what the point of them would be. Ships with lots of high slots on Sisi out mine gas better than the speciality frigates made for them.
Buy me a vargur at least so I can join those incursion fleets and afk for free isk!

Borzak

And this is why CCP is doomed. Not only can change physics for flying in space, but basic economics as well.

wljrpdn80tz71.jpg

• 2Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

No shit? Last Maraurder I bought was 800m isk. Jeeze maybe I should log in and see what kind of profit I can make on these increasing prices.

Same CCP rep I quote above said CCP didn't see how this would impact new players and they might have to make changes to it. No actual change, just make it so that it's hidden to new players.