EVE Online

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Are you in Goons?

Ummm no, not even playing right now but someone on reddit posted a link to a site you could click by system in Delve with all the kepstar and other citadel kills in the war. But I imagine it's going to be pretty big tidi/crash fest once it gets kicked off.

Borzak

Here's the website of keepstar kills in Delve on the way to 1DQ. One of them killed bugged out or was killed at downtime I'm not sure, didn't generate a killmail.

Borzak

CCP being CCP. They removed a lot of asteroid belts in the game and a lot of those belts were in null. Well apparently the belt rats still spawn, so now in null belt rats on gates, capitals including dreads, officer spawns etc... As usual thinking ahead.

Update, Serpentis dread at gate. 800km lock, 150km scram. Sounds like great fun.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
CCP being CCP. They removed a lot of asteroid belts in the game and a lot of those belts were in null. Well apparently the belt rats still spawn, so now in null belt rats on gates, capitals including dreads, officer spawns etc... As usual thinking ahead.

Update, Serpentis dread at gate. 800km lock, 150km scram. Sounds like great fun.
Borzak, what alliance are you in?

Borzak

I'm not. I only logged in for the free 7 days of omega and say people talking about it so I looked on reddit. Did see the patch notes they removed 4k or so asteroid belts that were no longer respawning. All part of the rebalance of ores and stuff. Would suck to gate in an interceptor and get caught by one though.

Someone will get caught with several billion of bpo's most likely without a scout.

Last edited:

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Does anyone have experience with fitting an Armageddon, Navy Issue for PVP? Trying to find a decent fit.

Borzak

I don't have any Omega accounts now but was reading the forum. CCP is really pushing micro transactions, you get a popup if you die that you can buy a ship replacement package of so much plex and such. Also logged in numbers have fallen off a cliff, couple people had charts showing last time it was that low was 2008. I logged in an alpha Tuesday night and 9pm west coast time there were 13k on was it.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I don't have any Omega accounts now but was reading the forum. CCP is really pushing micro transactions, you get a popup if you die that you can buy a ship replacement package of so much plex and such. Also logged in numbers have fallen off a cliff, couple people had charts showing last time it was that low was 2008. I logged in an alpha Tuesday night and 9pm west coast time there were 13k on was it.
Yeah, I stopped playing not too long ago. Not so much because of burn out but because the game seemed too focused on pushing micro transactions and it really didn't provide a quality experience. I don't know if CCP is money hungry, money starved, lazy, or what their issue is. They've been pushing a lot of "Here's a new skin if you buy 500 plex" or something ridiculous to get you to dump money.

Borzak

Well owned by Pearl Abyss from South Korea has a certain amount to do with it. The dumbest shit is they go one way full blast and then the other sometime later to correct their own fuck ups. They introduced the rorq and capital mining drones and people mined the shit out of never ending anoms non stop in large groups. The amount of ore/minerals in the game drove down prices drastically over a couple of years. Now they drastically scaled all that back and changed industrial stuff to where you can't build a capital ship due to the large stockpiles being sold off at well below what they cost to make. Changed battleship and up requirements to build and prices nearly doubled. CCP said "we looked and were shocked at the amount of minerals/ore stockpiled". Really? How did you not know after the mining changes and non stop rorq mining.

Now having to fit interceptors with a high slot module to be immune to bubbles and shit. The list goes on. That's too expensive so they made shuttles bubble immune. Whichever way the wind blows.

Borzak

CCP released a devblog today stating scarcity was a fuck up and will end 4th quarter 2021. They got tired of the few people left bitching. At night it gets down to 13k online and during the day US time <20k. They're going to put back in asteroid belts and make mining more abundant and various other shit.

Last edited:

Borzak

The full panic is on to get players back and logging in. 230m isk login rewards total over the next 6 days as an Omega. This won't further drive prices up that have taken over since scarcity was put in.

Reduced 50% sales tax making Jita cheaper to do business in than TTT in Perimiter.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Hahaha, Borzak, as someone who's been around the Eve block, can you provide more commentary about these recent events?

Borzak

They scaled back mining a ton, took mining anoms out of null and restricted trit to high sec only and all kinds of stuff. Then battleships and t2 ships now require a freaking flow chart to build that has like 30 things on it. It killed the market, drove up prices. Nobody is/was building anything. The things for sale were stockpiles of shit people had left. Orcas now are 2 billion isk, pirate battleships nearly a billion. They scaled back the payouts of ratting and other shit. Saying too much money and ore/minerals was flowing into the game, no shit sherlock people have been complaining about it forever. Nobody is building capitals. A dread went from <2b isk to several billion for a hull. Pretty sure nobody is building titans. Capital ship production has fallen off the cliff.

The last few months player numbers have fallen to nothing, 12k at night in the US, 20k during the day. Then this week they announced 4th quarter the scarcity shit is going away. Today the login rewards for an omega are isk, 230m over the next 6 days. They're paying people to please log in. Of course that will have zero impact on out of sight prices lol. Sound familiar?

I have no idea but lot of people talking about the TTT citadel in perimiter which is a huge player owned trade hub contribution more than 2trillion isk per month for each one of the 3 groups that put it there. One jump from Jita. Today they cut all the empire sales tax down to where it's now cheaper to deal in Jita than the TTT citadel in perimeter.

I'm semi afk now running a couple of 5/10 ded's on my alpha or I would look up the current prices. Plex really got low for a long time and only recently picked up, think because nobody was buying plex and putting it up for sale. It's been a typical CCP shit show. I just semi afk on my alpha, not really play. Kinda just killing time till things change.

High sec literally has become almost the most profitable place to live. Miners galore. I read the other day the average miner gets ganked now 2-3 times a day. The price of mining ships is off the chart due to constant non stop catalyst groups ganking cause there's nothing else to do. It's the only place to get trit.

I don't mine but in the dev blog this week they talked about adding compression for moon goo. Everyone needs shitload of moon goo now that battleships and up require it to manufacture.

They changed interceptors. They are not bubble immune now as a whole. You fit a bubble immunity high slot to make them bubble immune. Shuttles are bubble immune. I think you can do it to Cov op ships as well but haven't really looked. I normally explored a fair bit but haven't in a while, using an interceptor since I had high enough skills it didn't matter. Bubble immune and <2 sec warp and could scan down the hardest relic site in null. No idea on the astero.

The odd thing is CCP published the monthly economic report and act surprised shit had fallen off to nothing and that ratting and mining had blown out the economy. It's been that way for years, at least since the rorq change went in and they added capital mining drones that were 1 billion each. Fleets of them running anoms in nullsec 23 hours a day they could keep them up. When they were first changed a rorq could mine enough to buy 500 plex for a months sub with 3-4 hours of mining. Then 2 nerfs. Now they took away the field to mine on.

Just looked, midnight Eastern Time and 13 ok. Null has always had large blocks of empty spaces. The other day I didle around sight seeing on an alpha, not bubble immune and no insta warp. System after system in low and null of nobody or 3 tethered up people mostly. Of course I avoided Delve where the war is going on, the countdown to see if Goons get kicked out of one of the last systems they have in Delve with structures galore including a couple of keepstars.

Oh they removed SP loss for dying in a T3 cruiser. I logged in seconds after they announced it and bought a number of hulls and subs at the old price. Now just need customers to sell to now that the price has gone up. Iskflation, my alpha all t2 gila is 1billion isk now. All you really see in high sec when I'm there are Gilas, ventures, orcas, procurers and industrials every so often or someone in a t2destroyer running sites. That's an exaggeration but it seems that way. People have figured out how to log in omega and alpha at once. One system I was in the other day running an escelation had 1 orca and 30 ventures all with similar names mining together. That's not 30 people, that's 30 bots.

And finally lol, lot of shit going on the last few months. They made it so offline citadels could be attacked. Right off a bunch of inactive citadels in high sec got wiped out. You have to put in a core that's a few billion to power it. More money to spend.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Has the game always been this tumultuous with Dev changes to stimulate gameplay?
CCP's devs are extremely incompetent. I'd call the path their game development takes as mostly bizarre and confusing choices which seem to have no overall idea or plan past "ADD THINGS". It can be very bad or very good with no rational objective apparent most of the time.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users