EVE Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Meester

Trakanon Raider
*edit - looks like Jita is just over a 1B for one. Damn.

The large ones are just under 800 million in Jita , Small oens are made from Large Injector's so of course are slighly less, not sure where you got your billion cost from.

Best place to find costs are here - EVEMarketer - eve-central is not missed because this is better [nicer layout too].

You can go from new character to carrier pilot with enough injectors in 10 minutes lol. Not saying it's a great idea, but I'm sure someone has done it.

They have done it with titans for their alts before.

In inter-galactic news Razor Alliance have lost two keepstars in a day, thats around 600 billion right there and thats discounting the rest they lost yesterday.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I know people inject to a new alt a lot, meant brand new people to the game or close to brand new.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I played since launch and for me there were two things that drastically altered the game for me. The first was the introduction of implants, especially attribute implants. Before then, if you got pod killed you just lost some isk for a new clone, with them you risked a shit ton of isk turning many into carebears. This was partially mitigated with jump clones though.

The second was capital ships and POS, or at least the implementation of them. It turned so much combat into long time, boring sieges and slugfests. They were also supposed to be rare, not fleet mainstays. I remember for example that Titans were "sold" to players as a ship so expensive there would only ever be a handfull in game. Yeah...

While they never will do it, I think it would change combat a lot and make it more fluid and dynamic if there would remove combat capital ships. Keep freighters and industrials though.

Meester

Trakanon Raider
Skill injectors killed this fucking game. Those and citadels.

Bullshit, pos's were cancer and I am glad citadels are replacing them as much better than the cancer that precedes them. Moon mining is an active activity thanks to citadels, alliances must work for their moon minerals.
I am happy that skill points can be blown up and that I can indeed get a quick injection of isk from sacrificing some of my unused skillpoints.

Game is still fun, having a blast in fw areas with frigate combat is a god send without having to worry about skillpoint loss from losing a pod.

I played since launch and for me there were two things that drastically altered the game for me. The first was the introduction of implants, especially attribute implants. Before then, if you got pod killed you just lost some isk for a new clone, with them you risked a shit ton of isk turning many into carebears. This was partially mitigated with jump clones though.

The second was capital ships and POS, or at least the implementation of them. It turned so much combat into long time, boring sieges and slugfests. They were also supposed to be rare, not fleet mainstays. I remember for example that Titans were "sold" to players as a ship so expensive there would only ever be a handfull in game. Yeah...

While they never will do it, I think it would change combat a lot and make it more fluid and dynamic if there would remove combat capital ships. Keep freighters and industrials though.

Indeed jump clones do mitigate it though I have accidentally blown up mine with the self-destruct option in-station. People forget how debilitating it was for vets to replace their clones when getting
pod-killed, casual play was harmed for veterans who could never afford to pvp.

I do agree that capitals in how they were introduced [barring dreadnoughts] was a mistake, though recent changes have helped to reduce their influence. I do hope that capitals are nerfed further
and that the drifter battleship doomsday weapon will one day make it into the game. Capitals can still be in the game and made more balanced which CCP have been doing a little of lately.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bullshit, pos's were cancer and I am glad citadels are replacing them as much better than the cancer that precedes them. Moon mining is an active activity thanks to citadels, alliances must work for their moon minerals.
I am happy that skill points can be blown up and that I can indeed get a quick injection of isk from sacrificing some of my unused skillpoints.

Lol if you think citadels are better than POSes. POS mechanics may have been janky as hell, but fighting over them was much more entertaining and engaging than citadels. Void bombs made fighting on citadels the ultimate cancer and having been on the attacking side of the M-O keepstar, I can tell you that it was not a "fun" 10 hours. CCP may have made some changes to them lately to make them more tolerable to attack, but they're still far from what I'd call engaging or fun. Oh god, and don't get me started on the 9-4 keepstar defense. Jesus fuck.

Moon mining, lol no.

Meester

Trakanon Raider
Lol if you think citadels are better than POSes. POS mechanics may have been janky as hell, but fighting over them was much more entertaining and engaging than citadels. Void bombs made fighting on citadels the ultimate cancer and having been on the attacking side of the M-O keepstar, I can tell you that it was not a "fun" 10 hours. CCP may have made some changes to them lately to make them more tolerable to attack, but they're still far from what I'd call engaging or fun. Oh god, and don't get me started on the 9-4 keepstar defense. Jesus fuck.

Moon mining, lol no.

Yes citadels are better than pos's, no more ecm, hardener rot [though I get why people used it], void bombs are no longer a thing for citadels.

9-4 is what happens when you try and cram the entire universe into one system, only a fool thinks that will ever turn out well.
Skill urself & co managed to kill 4 keepstars without the same faggotry of 9-4.

Last edited:

Eonan

Doer of Things
Citalels ruined EVE. They ruined EVE for a solid year and a half. Fuck moon mining, fuck vulnerability mechanics, and fuck the three years it took to fix jump fatigue.

Also, Fuck EVE. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I agree on the Injectors ruining the game. Back in the day, you could gauge someone's danger relative to how long their char has been in the game in number of skillpoints, now, a 1 day old toon could be jumping in with his Titan to blap you while carrier ratting.

And citadels are even worse than POS'es.

Not to mention CCP is doing away with sov nullsec stations. Giving us a slap in the face for spending upwards of 700bil on each outpost to upgrade it fully.

Meester

Trakanon Raider
Not to mention CCP is doing away with sov nullsec stations. Giving us a slap in the face for spending upwards of 700bil on each outpost to upgrade it fully.

You do realise the faction citadels get specific bonuses to basically match what the outposts do right?

You have already benefited from that 700 billion investment, sounds like you just want to be a protected person immune from change.

I agree on the Injectors ruining the game. Back in the day, you could gauge someone's danger relative to how long their char has been in the game in number of skillpoints, now, a 1 day old toon could be jumping in with his Titan to blap you while carrier ratting.

And citadels are even worse than POS'es.

Explain how citadels are worse hmm?
Krabs deserve to be blatted by 1 day titan toons :smuggly:

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
You do realise the faction citadels get specific bonuses to basically match what the outposts do right?

You have already benefited from that 700 billion investment, sounds like you just want to be a protected person immune from change.

Explain how citadels are worse hmm?
Krabs deserve to be blatted by 1 day titan toons :smuggly:

They didn't just say "okay, to all owners of nullsec stations, we're now turning your stations into faction citadels with special bonuses", but instead thought "why not spark a big war" and announce "in the winter expansion, we will turn nullsec outposts into faction citadels", so the big huge alliances who had no interest whatsoever before in our space, would come and invade with their supercap fleets to take ownership of stations. And when they failed to achieve that during the winter and early spring, CCP extended the time when sov nullsec outposts would turn into faction citadels to give the super coalitions more time.
So they will get the faction citadels, not us who actually built the outposts.

Unfueled POS takes 1 hour to take down. Unfueled Citadel takes 3 days. Do the math pal.

Borzak

I know cutting thru high sec there is a lot less citadels since they made the changes a few months ago to cut down on non active citadels. A lot less. Probably everyone already knew but I haven't played in a while. I was going to Thera and noticed some systems had like 2-4 where they had dozens before.

Meester

Trakanon Raider
They didn't just say "okay, to all owners of nullsec stations, we're now turning your stations into faction citadels with special bonuses", but instead thought "why not spark a big war" and announce "in the winter expansion, we will turn nullsec outposts into faction citadels", so the big huge alliances who had no interest whatsoever before in our space, would come and invade with their supercap fleets to take ownership of stations. And when they failed to achieve that during the winter and early spring, CCP extended the time when sov nullsec outposts would turn into faction citadels to give the super coalitions more time.
So they will get the faction citadels, not us who actually built the outposts.

Unfueled POS takes 1 hour to take down. Unfueled Citadel takes 3 days. Do the math pal.

If CVA and ProviBloc with their decade + cannot hold their regions then how is that CCP's fault?
ProviBloc deserve to have that space taken from them if the resources of a decade cannot be used to protect them.
Personally I hope after June 6th, all the faction citadels in Providence will get either a] Blown up or b] Unanchored and placed in the heart of Minmatar space.

3 days for something worth more than a pos seems fair to me.

Last edited:

Meester

Trakanon Raider
The DRF has been defeated and their 6th Keepstar destroyed this year - https://zkillboard.com/kill/70156883/, by Triumvirate and allies.

Unfortunately TEST and CVA and co are continuing their Reconquista of Providence at the expense of Pandemic Legion who aren't really going to any great effort to defend atm.

Borzak

Followed some testing on sisi and looked like Sacrilege was going to work out best HAC for the abyss. Bought a number of them start of weekend for 300m isk. Sold them all first day of patch on Tuesday for 600m isk and the last one I saw for sale in Jita was 1b. At least I doubled my money. Wish I could have bought more but only so many were up for sale so late.

Just looked sell 700m and buy 500m in Jita on them.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
If only playing the game was exciting or visually stimulating as their videos...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users