EVE Online

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
2 cap fleets staring each other down. Boring. Then the "top" fleet brings in a bunch of Titans, who have an extremely powerful weapon that can one shot normal caps (depending on their fits). And proceed to do so.

The guy taking the video pulled his perspective WAY WAY WAY back, because each Titan is several km's long.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm not familiar with the new effects for caps. What are the purple explosions at the start?

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ive been playing eve for about a month now and I still have no idea what anyone is talking about in this thread.

Kadmoran_sl

shitlord
If somebody doesn't start talking about eve soon, I am going to have to start playing again...
It has been kinda quiet. Here's a writeup I did on another site of a fight that I instigated and participated in the other day. I'll preface it with the killboard link. It doesn't list the Mallers or pods I lost, or the one Arazu that I shot by myself.

Anomalous Existence Killboard Related kills losses

On Saturday a C4 K162'd into my home hole. We live in a C4 with a C5 static, and normally we'd just close the hole, but we'd gone a few weeks without shooting any towers and this one looked juicy. 3 towers in the system, one online. The online tower had 4 CHA's, 2 labs, an SMA, and a few assembly arrays. Oh, and the really eye catching part was two Archons and an Orca floating inside the shields. To top it off, the tower had one of the worst defensive fits I've ever seen. All the guns/ewar clustered on top around a small bubble. Clearly meant to de-cloak scouts, but no threat at all to a siege. They had 12 online hardeners, which is more annoyance than anything else.

We formed up our standard fleet (12 Tengus, 4 Drakes, 3 Scorps, a Raven, and a Claymore), and incapped the online mods and then reinforced the tower. In the six hours we shot the tower, no one from the target corporation logged in. Our hole EOL'd 2 hours before the tower hit reinforced, so we made the choice to pull the main fleet and leave scan alts in the wormhole.

Sunday we used the scan alts to annoy the two Archons as they tried to repair the armor damaged guns, and earned a few Russian curses thrown at us. They also promised that Darkness of Despair would come make us sorry. The best was probably this gem: ?[ 2014.01.12 22:03:48 ] Persent: You come here for nothing. who with the sword will come to us, he will die by the sword

Monday, I skipped out on work and started probing chains out of the hole. The C4 static was a static to C3 that was EOL when I logged in, so I waited until it popped and then probed the new one, dodging a very persistent Saber pilot the whole time. As luck would have it, the C3 had a hisec static, and I quickly probed it out. I'd asked N0MEX on Sunday if they'd be willing to come harass and support to finish the tower off, and once I got a hisec, they started forming folks up. It was a fairly small force, but I brought 20 month-old Mallers and a Corrax, and their T3's provided a good backdrop for my contrasting lack of finesse.

When N0MEX reached the hole, we made an attempt to gank a Scimitar off the shields that was solo repping the tower, but he managed to scoot back in before DPS landed. Warping off, we ended up regrouping on the hole out. That's when the fun started. Battletech engaged us in T3's and faction ships on the hole, and at first I was nervous (and a little overwhelmed, as I haven't PvP'd as much multiboxing). Primaries started getting called though, and as I started getting used to the pace of things, things started popping as 20 Mallers would hit them. Battletech took the majority of the damage being in small low-hp ships. Early in the fight an Arazu landed on grid and was dead a few seconds after he was called primary because most of the Mallers were still alive.

Alas, after taking some heavy initial losses the two Archons were fielded, with two Dominixes supporting them. The battleships had enough HP to catch reps from the carriers before they would pop, and locked fast enough to deal with the Mallers. Small ships that landed still popped, but eventually the Mallers started dying to the droneswarm, and we pulled back to the C4 static. The carriers had triaged, and the smell of carrier kills had brought a larger SYJ gang together, but unfortunately the hole had taken too much mass and gone crit. SYJ and N0MEX made the choice to pull back and see if an opportunity arose to probe out a new connection. We forced the hole closed a bit later, but the hostiles were still active and managed to keep hole control long enough to rep the tower. At that point, I made the decision to let things go.

The butchers bill for the whole thing was pretty one-sided though. The enemies managed to kill 19 mostly-T1 Mallers, 8 +4 pods, and 2 N0MEX ships, probably totalling out to 1.6bn isk in losses, mostly from my pods. In exchange they lost a host of faction and T2/T3 ships, mostly to month old characters. All in all, it was a hell of a lot of fun.

Kadmoran_sl

shitlord
The CFC should have known what would happen. On the other hand, in a world with the resources to run battles like this, the CFC should have run roughshod over the forces arrayed before them. It makes me sad that we can't see 50 titans die because of the server limitations.

Sidhe

<Banned>
EVE-Kill Kill details

Sutekh was that you?

And with regards to the 900 Domis: PL/N3 had set up in the system with mobile cyno inhibitors deployed around their fleet. To drop close range dreads, those cyno inhibitors had to be cleared. Due to the obscene amount of capital remote reps available to keep those cyno inhibitors alive, it was necessary to damn near alpha them. 900 Dominixes did the job in 3 volleys.