EVE Online

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Thanks for the advice guys.

I have the core skills at 5, only capacitors and advanced weapons upgrades not at 5. Missile/Shield/Navigation skills are at 3, 4 or 5. Drone skills are at 0. Battleship skills are at 0.

I'm doing lv2s in a Navy Frigate at the moment. Would I be better off buying a Battlecruiser (Drake) and running lv3s to get some combat exp and train skills? It's exactly the same skills for Battlecruisers and Battleships other than the ship specific one. I kinda wanted to skip that step to save some money but it sounds like drone skills are going to be a problem.
Train the micro jump drive skill and fit one of those, with that you can't die in missions. NPC warp scramblers don't turn it off like player ones do.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Exploration in low sec or null sec is what you are looking for really. With exploration you actually DO SOMETHING when you log in, and really those L4s are the most boring PVE i ever saw in a game.

I don't get your "pvp is waiting and doing nothing" tbh, sure it's the case when you're camping a gate or playing dock games, but if you fly a frigate hull (frigates, inties, assault, etc) and go roam a FW zone, there's plenty of PVP to have. You or your corp didn't join FW ? Who cares really, just go flashy, it's so easy now to recover from the security status loss. I don't remember doing more than 12 jumps without having some pvp using that method. If that's too long for you, fit a BS, go on a solo roam ... I'm fairly certain PVP will happen quite fast.
In fact people shout for PVP ( or its lack of ) when the only thing they want is to win, thus they always place themselves in a position where waiting is a key factor. I recommand downloading and watching first KIL2 vids, iirc it was called genesis : sure the fittings and combat rules were a bit different, but the spirit of that vid is what PVP should be. Does he always win ? No, and far from it.

You want fun ? leave your fleet, and don't mind the isk loss.
I did faction warfare solo and with a corp, orbiting a button for 30 minutes was boring (I read books) and combat was 95% running away and 5% "we have more ships so we win". I'm really not going to be fighting 5 year old pirates.
I did null exploration and that was 95% warping and scanning and 5% actually finding sites. The sites were fun and profitable and entering nullsec safly was fun, but the searching for sites was really boring and you couldn't read a book while doing it.

Missions are more interesting on average, However I'm now worried that missions won't be much ISK.

Noshitdude

Lord Nagafen Raider
I did faction warfare solo and with a corp, orbiting a button for 30 minutes was boring (I read books) and combat was 95% running away and 5% "we have more ships so we win". I'm really not going to be fighting 5 year old pirates.
I did null exploration and that was 95% warping and scanning and 5% actually finding sites. The sites were fun and profitable and entering nullsec safly was fun, but the searching for sites was really boring and you couldn't read a book while doing it.

Missions are more interesting on average, However I'm now worried that missions won't be much ISK.
You didn't read my reply. Why would you orbit a button for 30 mins is beyond me. Also, my experience with exploration is way faster, you were obviously doing something wrong.
Not fighting 5 years old pirates ? Okay, you said it all.

Noshitdude

Lord Nagafen Raider
Very nice use of the bastion module, nice overheat management. Marauders finally have a use in pvp.
And found that KIL2 vid i was talking if you want to pvp without investing too much isks :

Chris

Potato del Grande
You didn't read my reply. Why would you orbit a button for 30 mins is beyond me. Also, my experience with exploration is way faster, you were obviously doing something wrong.
Not fighting 5 years old pirates ? Okay, you said it all.
Alright time to clear out my hangar, I have like 8 Condor's worth of fittings ready for FW. Let's see what K/L ratio I get.
EDIT: So far everyone has managed to warp away before I tackled them, nobody has stayed to fight.

Obviously I'm doing exploration wrong with lv4 scanning skills and a scanning ship and warping to system after system with no exploration sites, just wormholes. Even if I was faster, it's a shit ton of systems I'm going through.

Noshitdude

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just a hint : exploration can be fast and rewarding when you're in the good constellation. Go check ombil constellation in Aridia to understand what i am talking about, there you won't manage to complete a single site though, since the residents will chase you as soon as you enter a site.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
So if N3PL lost 75 titans in B-R, about what percentage of their Titan count is that? 1/2, 1/4, 1/6? I'm having a tough time putting it into perspective.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So if N3PL lost 75 titans in B-R, about what percentage of their Titan count is that? 1/2, 1/4, 1/6? I'm having a tough time putting it into perspective.
Who knows ? heh from what I understand we get loss numbers cause of KillMail, but Alliances rarely if ever, release there Super Cap count.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
id guess in the 1/4-1/5 range for pl. I believe pl has replaced most of the losses, with most of the challenges coming from the logistics of finding these titans, not the actually paying for them part. There may be lots of titans, but it still is hard to find ~36 that can be traded off in a reasonable time frame.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
I don't know about the entire alliance, but when I was in PL a year or so ago the supercap numbers tended to cap at like 30 titans and 60-70 supercaps online and 2 to 2.5 times that total. They talk a big game about how they can replace that shit in a minute, but tbh a lot of the people who lost titans might not be back in unless they are reimbursing them. Even then, it could take a long time to find replacements.

Basically, there are 3 kinds of titan pilots in PL from what I remember. Core "important to the alliance" people, they'll get titans and get them replaced. Rich as fuck people, that can buy another titan easily. Regular members who basically got a char into a titan due to playing for a long fucking time and working towards it and the fact that they brought a titan with them was probably a big part of why they got into the alliance. They'll only get back into a titan if PL taps their alliance funds to pay for it, and it might not be worth it for them.

There's a lot of pressure for people to treat losses as "no big deal" and asking about reimbursements is made fun of. I could hang because I was in the rich as fuck category (and also never lost anything relevant) but I wouldn't be surprised if at least a few members never had their titan replaced.

is there a corp most of you all are in? doing fw atm, very good pvp (fleet and solo) however now that we are going t3, everyone is in farm mode
frown.png
i have yet to really do nullsec, im 30 mil sp. wut do?

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
High sec mining.... so very dull. It was always very fun to canflip and watch the hulks go *poof* hahaha

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do we have anyone in Nulli Secunda or N3? My friend really wants me in his corp in Nulli and I am likely going active and joining. Was hoping to get some opinions beyond his about the culture/morale/capabilities of s2n before jumping in however. I can now afford a Nyx after a year of AFk mining whilst not playing, that + my two dread alts likely makes me pretty tempting to an Alliance that lost trillions in b-r and 0-w headshot.

Few other questions.

Has PL abandoned N3? If CFC come down on n3 to save RUS or w/e will PL come?

My friend says HERO is an n3 ally essentially. Is this true? having a 15k dudes to improve sub cap numbers would be useful vs CFC, particularly down the line when they get better ships/more experience.

It seems Nulli has really had a good march so far, beating up the Russians and grabbing a bunch of sov.

For the person who asked about how much % of PL titans lost. I was only told about N3 but it + losing o-w was devastating to them. Even the dude trying to sell Nulli to me admitted that it will be very difficult for them to engage in a Super or cap fight vs CFC and with CFC ISK advantage it will likely stay that way. I would guess n3pl can only field 70-80% of the titans it could pre br5.

CFC/RUS on the other hand lost 350 dreads 10days before b-r5rd yet fielding 800+ for B-r..... Grr goons

kismet_sl

shitlord
My friend says HERO is an n3 ally essentially. Is this true? having a 15k dudes to improve sub cap numbers would be useful vs CFC, particularly down the line when they get better ships/more experience.
I run around in HERO as part of the sub cap blob. I do not know anything about Eve null politics. But, HERO seems to be fighting -a- who are being carried heavily by goons (euro goons and freedom squad i think) as well as Proviblock. When goons come on the field we sometimes see a temp blue (or FC screams do not shoot) with BL and/or N3. I imagine once N3 are done grinding RUS sov drop stuff there will be more support from them as well because of the grr goons thing they have. Also, Nexus Fleet is a member of HERO and used to be the newbie feeding corp for N3 so I would say there are friendly ties towards N3. But there is no formal agreement and HERO will shoot any fleet it can get a scan on. HERO does not seem to be grr goons or grr anyone actually. We just like the content and will fight whomever is willing to undock.

Line member gossip: N3 are the ones that paid HERO to come to Catch as a distraction. Seems credible enough from what I have seen.

As far as your super and dreads recruiting, I have no idea. I know HERO has a shockingly large cap fleet for a bunch of newbie corps (weve been losing dreads and carriers all over the place) but they seem to keep coming back for more. If you are rusty at capital ship combat it may be worth your time to drop a dread alt into Brave until you get back up to speed.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
If brave allows alts ( I think they do) I may join them. Although honestly using a dread in BNI looks like a good way to loose it based on some recent battle reports. At this point I joined Nulli however save a cpl alts.

I fear HERO will eventually have to pick a side. It's pretty obvious n3 wants them mostly because of Pl/goons/n3 we are the weakest bloc. It sucks for BNI but I don't see a way of it not happening beyond mostly avoiding null. Everyone knows 15k dudes mostly borderline useless will be a massive numbers of competent, well armed pilots in time.

Amazing how crap Rus are now.

kismet_sl

shitlord
If brave allows alts ( I think they do) I may join them.
Yes, everyone has an alt in Brave. Open recruitment, just send in an app and log in for fun. Spais welcome.

I fear HERO will eventually have to pick a side. It's pretty obvious n3 wants them mostly because of Pl/goons/n3 we are the weakest bloc. It sucks for BNI but I don't see a way of it not happening beyond mostly avoiding null. Everyone knows 15k dudes mostly borderline useless will be a massive numbers of competent, well armed pilots in time.
No, Brave has always been independant of null politics. I suspect we are going to be our own power bloc. If we were going to pick a side it would have happened already. Fear the blob, today it is frigates... tomorrow dreads.