EVE: Valkyrie

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Posting in (hopefully) epic thread.

rrr_img_41096.jpg

Szlia

Descent + VFX-1 almost 20 years ago?

Also by 'vow of selebacy' do you mean 'vow of celebacy'? The promise to not masturbate to pictures of Hollywood starlets such as Emma Watson?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Ever since our dreams were crushed in our youths by the Virtual Boy (fuck you) I think we have all been waiting for this:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/08/20/cc...-eve-valkyrie/

I am taking a vow of selebacy just so my spooge can be as voluminous as possible on release day.
5TH0iZG.gif

If it's VR multiplayer Xwing vs Tie Fighter, I will be all over it....if it's a sandbox MMO with VR combat in the vein of Xwing/Tie fighter, it will be the most amazing gave, ever. (They used to have Dactal (Sp?) nightmare at the boardwalk in Jersey, I remember paying a 4$ a pop to play for just ten minutes, it was pretty amazing even given the shitty controls and graphics.)

bytes

Molten Core Raider
CCP seems to be the only developer out there, who knows how to give a niche audience what they want AND make millions off of it.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Let's not talk about that one. Still, Eve is doing pretty well in an environment where everyone else is (or was) trying to catch up to WoW. And if CCP is not completely stupid (and the Rift catches on, instead of being a short-lived fad) they could carve out another niche, maybe even cannibalize on games like Star Citizen.

Star Citizen is also confirmed for Rift. Luckey and Roberts even did a panel together at SXSW.

That being said, Valkyrie makes me hard.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Don't they already have one game in development that's on life support because they found out they couldn't handle developing two games at the same time?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It makes me wonder how many of the upcoming space sims are going to have Occulus support.

- Star Citizen: is confirmed to support it (https://forums.robertsspaceindustrie...t-dev-kit-here)
- X-Rebirth: looks like it might, but there's no promises.
- Elite: "support is announced but no release date."
I think it's funny how space flight combat simulators are perhaps the only game that hasn't had an exponential increase in content since the 90s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...imulator_games

And now there's 4 stellar space flight combat simulators on the horizon. This really does look amazing and the oculus rift is perfect for flight sims.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm really fucking hoping that the size of space is equal to, you know, space.

If they make some small ass maps it's going to be highly disappointing. I keep dreaming of lying in wait, adrift in an asteroid field, just waiting for some unlucky asshole to cruise by.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
That pretty much is all you need to know.
99% of first person shooters are trash. It's just a terrible genre. Can't hold it against them, really.

Not many stick out in my head really... Halflife 1/2, TRIBES 1/2, Plantside 1/2, Quake 3, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Counter Strike... Maybe an argument could be made for Doom, Halo, Bioshock and COD:MW2... Not a lot considering how many examples there are of FPS games.

Actually, ya know what, maybe it is terrible even for an FPS :p

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
I'm really fucking hoping that the size of space is equal to, you know, space.

If they make some small ass maps it's going to be highly disappointing. I keep dreaming of lying in wait, adrift in an asteroid field, just waiting for some unlucky asshole to cruise by.
something like this please, was so cool in freelancer the debris or asteroidclouds that messed with your radar and visability