EVE: Valkyrie

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Right now if you want to scratch that space-sim dogfighting itch there's this, which is supposed to work with a Rift but I've not got one to check :p It might give an idea of what to expect if anyone has tried it out with a Rift.

Elite: Dangerous multiplayer footage

Elite: Dangerous Alpha phase 2.0 - YouTube

The first alpha release was good fun, this second alpha adds "free-for-all battles, two-team fights, a co-op event that sees players defending a damaged Federal battlecruiser and improvements to the 'Pirates and Bounty Hunters' mode, giving players a more accurate picture of what to expect in the full game."

Szlia

I would love to see the business plan of an Occulus-Rift-only game. I see three options: 1) Bankrolled by the Rift makers 2) Glorified tech demo 3) No business plan.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm really fucking hoping that the size of space is equal to, you know, space.

If they make some small ass maps it's going to be highly disappointing. I keep dreaming of lying in wait, adrift in an asteroid field, just waiting for some unlucky asshole to cruise by.
Agreed. I want to never ever be able to find another player and look forward to traveling for several years to get to any stars.

It also better take 14 billion years to get from one side of the game to the other

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This thread pains my inner luddite. If they make this and it's not horrible, does this mean I have to buy some VR nerd glasses?
Yes, I think it does. But I also think if it's successful they'll release a non-VR version soon after release and a console version too.

Szlia

In case of my 3) above, they'll make a non-VR version because it's tough to make money when you sell 10'000 copies of a game.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
In case of my 3) above, they'll make a non-VR version because it's tough to make money when you sell 10'000 copies of a game.
Not sure if trolling... but Rift sales ought to be pretty good, and Valkyrie is positioning itself well to be one of THE release titles. I don't know what the Occulus Rift manufacturing capability is, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Valkyrie sell 5M+ copies for the Rift once it is all said and done.

Szlia

I don't think you understand what 5 million means when talking about video game sales: 5 million is the number of worldwide sales of Assassin's Creed 2 on X-Box 360. That's Resident Evil on PlayStation. That's Professor Layton and the Curious Village on Nintendo DS...

I also "wouldn't be surprised to see Valkyrie sell 5M+ copies for the Rift" : I would be flabbergasted. Especially when you consider the Occulus Rift sales target was 500k units by Q4 2014 and that was the snake oil salesman target number used when looking for investors.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I would love to see the business plan of an Occulus-Rift-only game. I see three options: 1) Bankrolled by the Rift makers 2) Glorified tech demo 3) No business plan.
Pretty sure it's #1 + a non VR version.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Dear god, will someone release a fucking space sim that has some actual content before I blow my brains out.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm thinking anyone flying in one of these would have to own their own clone facility to keep up. :p

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah those gun effects are way over the top and the guns themselves take up too much of the screen.

spronk

FPS noob
if you play this do you need to also get into eve to like have a space base or whatever, cuz fuck playing spreadsheets in space

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm thinking on second thought that maybe when you're in the VR headset those guns are below your field of vision and not quite as obnoxious. That video is turning a 180 degree experience into a 90 degree one.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't even like fighter sims, and my boner popped a boner! Just seeing normal BS's and BC's and whatnot from that perspective is awesome, and then the Titan showing up? Fuck a duck I want to try this!