Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
You want dudes like that to defend America. You generally hate when you're on the wrong side of it, but it's something guilds really do benefit from in some situations.

It really is like that, I've done tons of shit for guldies and at the same time I treat everyone else outside of the guild like shit.

Every 8th ring I stole went right back into my guild.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Generally taking a casual-medium intensity approach, my experience has been that you have to fight against the efficiency incentive structure in the game to have any fun. Assuming these rules are like prior servers I'd say be very purposeful about how you play.

Up to the level cap you can definitely group and go at whatever pace (at least up through PoP). But pickup groups congregate in a few zones starting around level 12 (unrest-lower guk-seb-velks-grieg's-fire), which is possible thanks to pick zones. It is very possible to level in just a few zones and can be hard to get people to leave them.

One of the side effects of the AoCs and the way they've buffed raid targets is that at max level the most effective way to get good loot is to join a guild doing 72 (later 54) man raids. These are boring and generally trivial, at least for rank and file members. They've been especially boring when I've only really had the playtime to make 1-2 raids a week and so I haven't known the guild well enough to make shooting the shit with people on these big raids any fun. Doing group or lower tier raid content just feels like a waste of time when the big targets are sitting there waiting for you to make an instance with your 71 closest friends.

How is max size trivial raids the most effective?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It really is like that, I've done tons of shit for guldies and at the same time I treat everyone else outside of the guild like shit.

Every 8th ring I stole went right back into my guild.

you were decent to us <Azure Guard> back on P99 *shrugs*

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
How is max size trivial raids the most effective?

With limited raid time and big guilds, the question became, do you try to split VT and clear it with 30 or try to clear more content with 60, since each zone will be faster. And the guilds I've been in chose to do big raids and clear more. And splitting isn't always possible, depending on who shows up on a given night (usually clerics or warriors were the limiting factor but it could also be bodies).

For the time I had, the other option was a more casual guild that's not even trying to finish the expansion and likely even less efficient.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can already tell by the amount I'm checking this thread that I'm going to find some excuse to make playing on one of these happen lol

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm just waiting for launch date and ruleset before I touch any PTO.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
11234.png

was this rly yawg or a troll??

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Man, if the guild to guild drama going on in this thread is any sign of how the servers will be, we're in for one hell of a good time! So tempted to poopsock this shit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Man, if the guild to guild drama going on in this thread is any sign of how the servers will be, we're in for one hell of a good time! So tempted to poopsock this shit
A lot of it hinges on ruleset. People are excited now, but there's a not unreasonable chance that the rules for the servers will be dogshit and half the people choose to not bother.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
A lot of it hinges on ruleset. People are excited now, but there's a not unreasonable chance that the rules for the servers will be dogshit and half the people choose to not bother.
I know I know but let me live my glass half full fantasy for now!

• 1Worf

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I fully expect Phinny 3.0 with the hardcore server being 2 month unlocks with Coirnav exp, and the casual server being 4 month unlocks with Agnarr exp. I doubt I'll be surprised.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Well.. that's more like the EQ I remember. Bring on the trolls. We are really efficient when we want to be. I don't know what it would take to "dethrone" anyone in their eyes but honestly, you can't win even if you wanted to with some people. In EQ, you can do something faster, more efficiently, etc. and they'll just gripe about something you exploited or whatever.

Sounds like some butthurt troll looking to stir the pot because he cherishes pixels way too much but maybe I missed the joke and he's trolling just to get a rise or some hype going. All in all, this is the EQ I know and love. I never took it personal and especially don't today. I have too much RL going on but stuff like this temps me to poopsock as well.

I will say this... it's hard for me to believe that Zaide wasn't respected by most. Maybe i'm blind or naive but we always seem to have some good camaraderie. Every guild has their turds but we had a really good time all the time I was with Faceless. :)

March can't come soon enough now. lol

• 1Worf

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lets not forget "speed records and how TL sucked not beating them" and all kinds of other nonsense here. That's really sick hitting a target no one is aware of or even aiming for if you want to compete against no one but yourself. Especially with different XP rates, server rules, and guilds. FINALLY after so much talk were going to see how bad TL is as they plan on competing head to head on whatever server Faceless is on.

Sounds like a win win for a guild comparing themselves to TL and TL loving competition from their side. Thraka and Grisvok are 2 of the strongest leaders these servers have ever seen so you know you are going up against the full force of TL / AoS here which should be exciting to watch the races for 1st regardless.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was excited then had a epiphany. It’s Daybreak and the ruleset will suck D.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
I have some experience with both guilds, but only from Phinigel and Agnarr. I didn't TLP really prior to Phinny so I don't have any experience with either guild from prior. It's a little bit apples to oranges to compare the 2 launches. Phinny had a dramatically worse xp rate, coupled with Agnarr having a bonus xp weekend the very first weekend it was open. This resulted in people needing to kill about half as many mobs to reach level 50. AoS had an advantage of a good portion of the core of the guild came over from Ragefire so it was much more established and organized at the beginning. The early stages of Agnarr were a mess. There were far less TLP veterans and it was much less organized, which can probably be expected based on the different situations. The early Agnarr raids were honestly pretty infuriating with things like trying to use warrior tanks instead of knights out of some kind of tradition or something? But it all generally resulted in dead dps/healers and general chaos in regards to mob positioning and so on. This isn't intended as a snipe at Faceless, and I'm sure it got worked out later on but Agnarr launch was't ideal.

All that being said, I look forward to enjoying some good times.

Sterling

El Presidente
I fully expect Phinny 3.0 with the hardcore server being 2 month unlocks with Coirnav exp, and the casual server being 4 month unlocks with Agnarr exp. I doubt I'll be surprised.
I expect something in the ballpark of this. The surprise could be in the wrong direction too!

• 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I just like levelling up. That's the best part. I'll probably be overseas too when this comes out which means EQ can be played on the job.

• 1Like