Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Needless

Toe Sucker
I can't wait to re-sub, get a guise and quit until velious is out to level again!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ripster

Molten Core Raider
Here's my idea: Open all expansions up to House of Thule on day one and unlock the next as each is beaten. There's some really dope content that's basically unused these days and it would be a real challenge to start progressing in HoT starting from level 1 with no gear, but you would have a ton of places to level/gear up. TSS has a billion quests and tradeskill options alone that are pretty well thought out but on live are basically obsolete.

Anther option would be to let everyone start as heroic toons, which would be easier but also fun in it's own right at a faster pace.

I like the idea of an event server with cosmetic rewards, you could set different teir rewards depending on which expac bosses you managed to defeat. There's just so much content they can use for stuff like this and I feel like most people here have never touched House of Thule and beyond - some really cool shit in there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here's my idea: Open all expansions up to House of Thule on day one and unlock the next as each is beaten. There's some really dope content that's basically unused these days and it would be a real challenge to start progressing in HoT starting from level 1 with no gear, but you would have a ton of places to level/gear up. TSS has a billion quests and tradeskill options alone that are pretty well thought out but on live are basically obsolete.

Anther option would be to let everyone start as heroic toons, which would be easier but also fun in it's own right at a faster pace.

I like the idea of an event server with cosmetic rewards, you could set different teir rewards depending on which expac bosses you managed to defeat. There's just so much content they can use for stuff like this and I feel like most people here have never touched House of Thule and beyond - some really cool shit in there.
This or a similar model is the only thing that could ever bring me back. I fucking hate their Time Locked Progression bullshit. Who is that serving? I'll tell you... the boxes, botters, and RMT fucking cheaters.

I have never heard an argument that makes sense as to why you need 3+ fucking months in any expansion, when they can and will all be beaten in 3 (or less) days. If you want to be stuck in a true classic experience, they have emu servers for that. The voting system was always a joke and a failure.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

The main issue behind releasing too far forward in content is that it will allow someone to basically just level past swathes of raiding. A server that starts in velious+ will mean most of sky and all of vp are largely ignored. Idon+ invalidates a lot of lower-tier raiding. OOW+ you could happily ignore all 60s raids and anything pre potime is a waste. Etc etc.

For this reason you would probably need to cap levels and limit some of the worst gear mudflation offenses, eg defiant. Otherwise there would be no reason to raid until at or near max level, and at that point no reason to raid for gear worse than common group or trash drops.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Server rule is the RnG God determines your character by rolling first for a random race then roll again for random class.

• 1Worf

Ripster

Molten Core Raider
The main issue behind releasing too far forward in content is that it will allow someone to basically just level past swathes of raiding. A server that starts in velious+ will mean most of sky and all of vp are largely ignored. Idon+ invalidates a lot of lower-tier raiding. OOW+ you could happily ignore all 60s raids and anything pre potime is a waste. Etc etc.

For this reason you would probably need to cap levels and limit some of the worst gear mudflation offenses, eg defiant. Otherwise there would be no reason to raid until at or near max level, and at that point no reason to raid for gear worse than common group or trash drops.

The whole idea is to jump into the raid scene at the HoT era (still 8 expansions old) as an alternative to a fresh start/progression/event server, not the same old classic onward we've done 10 times now. Most raid content would be skipped until HoT and that's fine, because no one wants to raid from like DoN to underfoot - but right after UF things got good again. Everything prior would basically just be an interesting leveling/gearing race until you could start HoT progression.

House of Thule was a throwback in setting but mechanically game changing expansion. From then on, they standardized zone/teir progression, how named mobs work, balanced group/raid gear, added achievements, and basically brought it up to a more modern MMO speed.

You could argue that people don't want to play "modern" eq which is why progression servers are so popular, but honestly HoT is now almost 9 years old and there are some really cool things to explore starting around that point. If you've never been to Morell's Castle you're missing some fun shit and I think people might be pleasantly surprised with a lot of the newer but still relatively old stuff.

Or just give everyone heroic characters and watch the expansions get beat every week or two and close it up after 3-4 months.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The whole idea is to jump into the raid scene at the HoT era (still 8 expansions old) as an alternative to a fresh start/progression/event server, not the same old classic onward we've done 10 times now. Most raid content would be skipped until HoT and that's fine, because no one wants to raid from like DoN to underfoot - but right after UF things got good again. Everything prior would basically just be an interesting leveling/gearing race until you could start HoT progression.

House of Thule was a throwback in setting but mechanically game changing expansion. From then on, they standardized zone/teir progression, how named mobs work, balanced group/raid gear, added achievements, and basically brought it up to a more modern MMO speed.

You could argue that people don't want to play "modern" eq which is why progression servers are so popular, but honestly HoT is now almost 9 years old and there are some really cool things to explore starting around that point. If you've never been to Morell's Castle you're missing some fun shit and I think people might be pleasantly surprised with a lot of the newer but still relatively old stuff.

Or just give everyone heroic characters and watch the expansions get beat every week or two and close it up after 3-4 months.

While it may be better content, it lacks the nostalgia which is what TLP is really all about

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Server rule is the RnG God determines your character by rolling first for a random race then roll again for random class.
Sounds great! Wellpers... here goes nothing:

shafted.jpg

Half-Elf Pally???

200.gif

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
These TLP servers open at classic and die off by PoP

Why not have one start around POP and die off 4-5 expansions later?

Fuck, that would be so much content people missed. I have to believe lots would come back to do those expansions with their buds

They will probably not get my 4 box and my RL friends 2 box money if they start in classic. They absolutely would get our money if it started off around PoP

Start us at 60 or 65 , no AAs so we have a reason to grind for our memberships. Let us get through the later expansions for a truly different and interesting experience. A "race" for big dogs, where there hasn't been much of a race before.

DBG, look at sub statistics. Who cares if people only sub on average of 5 months before quitting. Move that 5 months to later expansions and you'll capture a big audience that are out here silent, you'll also capture the big dogs ready to reroll from current servers just to show off their glitter ball sacks

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
These TLP servers open at classic and die off by PoP

Why not have one start around POP and die off 4-5 expansions later?

Fuck, that would be so much content people missed. I have to believe lots would come back to do those expansions with their buds
Phinny still has a ton of guilds finishing content every expansion and they're on SoD. AoCs totally changed TLPs.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Phinny still has a ton of guilds finishing content every expansion and they're on SoD. AoCs totally changed TLPs.

Would you say for the majority of people not currently playing, offering my suggestion might not be a new and decent level success for DBG?

Sterling

El Presidente
Would you say for the majority of people not currently playing, offering my suggestion might not be a new and decent level success for DBG?
No idea, but there's already a TLP in Luclin right now so that just seems like a ton of overlap. I kind of wish they'd do another event server of some kind though, just something that lasts a month or 2 but has something kind of crazy happening.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
No idea, but there's already a TLP in Luclin right now so that just seems like a ton of overlap. I kind of wish they'd do another event server of some kind though, just something that lasts a month or 2 but has something kind of crazy happening.

I agree. The major reroll TLP cash has to have been captured by now. At this point they should use current account month sub statistics to create TLPs geared towards 2-5 year max type of events. Whether they're new rulesets, or just different types of expansions at unlock, I think they could really milk a good chunk of change as a company, still.

Now, if that OMM or whatever server wasn't a success behind the curtains, I understand. But, those event servers could probably be catered extremely well with the current account statistics they (should if business smart) already have

Stave

Potato del Grande
I'm kinda curious to try casual mode. When does this thing go live? Weeks? Months? Also, are any old PoP and earlier SK items worth anything now days? Like prenerf CoS, Original Fungi Tunic, etc? I had all the best SK gadgets.