Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I had to guess I would say the hardcore server would be more of a temporary event thing and the ultra-casual to be a permanent server. I wouldn't suspect anything "hardcore" to have lasting power considering the type of players that would call themselves "hardcore" are an extreme minority.

I had been waiting to see if they would announce a new TLP for the 20th anniversary and if both servers end up being permanent, I'll be a little disappointed. I've always felt that in every single game, hardcore players need the casual players and the casual players need the hardcore players, so splitting them up seems like a bad idea.

Regardless, if the rule sets are interesting and new, I'm just going to do what I did for the majority of my time on phinny and only play 1 character and join a competitive guild. DBG has already told me I'm not allowed to box anymore and doing so will just result in a target ban over and over, and after about 30-40 accounts banned I've realized they weren't bluffing.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Fuck that, give me a server where everything is tradeable, and no level limit on gear :p

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
As a list of things that they could do that would fit the theme -

1. Remove augment merchants
2. Reinstate corpse runs
3. Disable the map
4. No /pick zones
5. No instancing
6. No focus effects
7. Remove any remaining out of era tradeskill combines

8. Race to OMM
9. Name casual server after winners of hardcore server

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My guess is hardcore will be true box with no or limited instances and relatively fast unlocks. Casual will probably be lockjaw with no motm shit.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Casual server – sandbox with a #testbuff like command where you can #level to max and #summon any items you desire. Play with your friends without any grind or need for raiding.

• 1Seriously?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hello folks! Foaming of Agnarr, host of the wildly popular Open Platinum Raids, inviting everyone wishing to make a run on the new TLPs to join us over at EQ20th! Let's make this the best TLP community and TLP experience yet!
Subreddit: Everquest 20th Anniversary TLPs
Discord: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Love GDKP / Platinum raids, wish they were more popular like they used to be. Theyre fun and normally a really good way to make money if you're a raider who doesn't need much and really good way to get loot if you don't want to raid 6 weeks to earn one Vex Thal item.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I came to Coirnav super late, and even more casual, I just hit level cap last week.

I'll probably play this from the start, poop sock for a week or so. I guess I'm addicted to the fresh start rush for a bit. Live servers for EQ1 and 2 are not even tempting.

Zithax

Molten Core Raider
If the "Michael Jordans" of EQ come out of the woodwork our crew will make a guild 100%. We're only interested in competing head to head against the best of the best and this timing would be perfect. Praying for FV ruleset personally and hopefully this will be more like EQ used to be than this watered down version on TLP's.
TLP legends lmao
I hope they do some fun ruleset, but it could just as likely be some boring shit.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah if its a good EXP rater ill be in as well. If its like the previous few they released ill skip for sure. Aint no one got time for that shit these days.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I assume hardcore means exp pot price is tripled

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Batphone says to Cupie12 Cupie12 - “ vox spawned at 4:32 am move your asses.”

Cupie12 Cupie12 says to Batphone

1548441316511.jpeg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
They did a hardcore server before. It was called Discord. Open pvp at level 6+ with permadeath and full loot rights.

I was the 2nd highest toon on that server with a 44th level druid and my pvp partner was a 45 cleric when it ended.

They ended the contest 2 months early because <Darkwind> killed off all the competition to the point where there was only 20ish people on at a time.

It's funny seeing all the folks here clamoring for a hardcore server. You really don't want it.

It was also a Honeypot to test antihacking software because they knew all the cheating neckbeards would flock to it.

They promised the winners items named after them and never delivered.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
My buddy who was the 45 cleric won the whole thing and they denied his win because his name was a title.

Apparently having the name Apostle Pete is a big no no.